Hansa Park

Benin

Since I'm getting excited for going here AND I've just seen a new POV of their biggest ride I'm making a topic for it...Located in Skiersdorf Germany, this was originally opened as the second Legoland park, but only lasted a very short time and became HANSA LAND!Home to 4 coasters with a 5th on the way, it has a few stand-out weird rides... And focuses a lot on some great (and not so great theming), including:DIE GLOCKE

NESSIE

RIO DORADO

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDFLUCH VON NOVGOROD! A launched Eurofighter with ENCLOSED drop/launch/lift and amazing theming...

Expect a MASSIVE trip report in June... Including their new Gerstlauer family coaster, the SNAKE OF MIDGARD!

DIE SCHLANGE VON MIDGARDTheir new Gerstlauer family coaster set deep within a story...

You want pics? Here's some!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageIt won't open with it's completed theming (the park did this with Fluch von Novogorod, but judging by the pics so far, I don't think that is a bad thing... Especially judging by how Fluch looked WITHOUT theming...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good question... Since I don't really understand fluent German, I have no idea what bar that stuff went down and that the ride is amazing...

I might be going there or europa park next year!!!I think fluch is meant to be like some evil creepy castle thing :(Edit: Stuff. Edited by Kevvy K

• 2 years later...

I am reviving this topic to post about Hansa Parks new 2015 Hyper Coaster Karnan!

hansahyper.jpg

Nobody knows what manufacturer it will be built by but going by those trains, a Gerst due to the fact its only got 4 rows on the concept art?? Looks very exciting though!

Rumor is also that it will cost 25,000,000euro. Expensive if so!

http://www.hansapark.de/de/presse/pressemeldungen/pressemeldungen/article/kaernan-kommt-hansa-park-baut-hyper-coaster

That will be a MASSIVE investment for any park, let alone one the size of Hansa...

But I really hope it works out for them, lovely place and they seem to have the right idea of improving most of the existing park area... I hope that this gives them that real kick that they need to really push on...

I wouldn't use the concept art to judge the manufacturer by any means; we all now how little it can mean. However, best guess would either be a B&M or Gerstlauer Infinity. Will be interesting to see.

Great to see a Hansa investing once again; hopefully it's as successful as Fluch, which from reviews I've read, sounds like a great coaster.

• 4 months later...

More Info on the ride from the website:

• biggest investment the park has ever made
  • the hypercoaster will feature a distinct custom layout tailored to fit perfectly into HANSA-PARK
  • the new ride attraction will be planned and designed by Munich-based Werner Stengel - an engineering firm that is highly experienced in planning out-of-the-ordinary hypercoasters
  • the attraction will be built by Gerstlauer, a company based in Münsterhausen, who - we are absolutely sure of that - will implement our ideas and bring them to life exactly as we imagine it
  • the Munich-based certification body, TÜV Süd, will be involved in the planning and development and later test and certify the hypercoaster
  • The hypercoaster “Kärnan” will bear a very special name, and it will tell a story.
  • You will be able to experience the full story and theming in 2016 - one season after the ride has been officially launched.
  • Its name and the story woven around it will fit the overall concept of HANSA-PARK and symbolise our Park’s name.
  • KÄRNAN will be a family thrill ride, meaning that it will be both a challenge to and an adventure for families.
  • Exactly how tall and how old you must be to enjoy a ride on KÄRNAN will be determined by TÜV Süd, Germany’s technical control body.
  • KÄRNAN will feature 16-seat trains with lap bars.
  • KÄRNAN will be what is known as a “signature ride”, and it will be visible from afar.
  • KÄRNAN is the largest project by far HANSA-PARK has ever undertaken.
  • KÄRNAN’s full name is: The Oath of KÄRNAN – Beware of its Spell! or in German: Der Schwur des KÄRNAN – Hüte Dich vor seinem Bann!

Seems decent :P Plus it has the same size trains as The Smiler but with Lapbars :D

I don't quite get the logic in creating the full experience a year after the ride opens? I know it's something that Tripsdrill did with their Gerstlauer, but it's just a unusual way of going about it...

Anyone know why exactly some parks decide to that?

I would assume its so that they can use the money coming in from the boosted attendance from the ride opening. It lessens the risk compared to paying for everything up front. Maybe it also encourages people to come for the same ride twice?

I'm not a huge fan of the idea, but if it allows parks like Hansa to build quality rides then I guess it's ok. At least they actually intend on putting theming in...

I don't quite get the logic in creating the full experience a year after the ride opens? I know it's something that Tripsdrill did with their Gerstlauer, but it's just a unusual way of going about it...

Anyone know why exactly some parks decide to that?

Hansa did it with Fluch, although that was primarily down to the harsh winter they had that season (and this also affected their last coaster), so perhaps they're seeing it as an attempt to minimalise the effect a potentially bad winter can bring to the project...

But then Plopsa did this sort of thing with Wickieland, so it's all completely random it seems...

Did anyone see this on the minisite for the ride under rumours section...

• Let’s be daring for a moment: Can we still call it a hypercoaster if the train drives right into a vertical-motion gondola (similar to the Tower of Terror), locks into the gondola and starts a ride sequence with it that goes all the way up to the required 61+x metres? It shouldn’t be a problem to bring the gondola to a stop about 20m-30m in the air once the ride sequence has ended. From there the roller coaster will take over. In other words, it would be two attractions combined in one and on top it would include a “world’s first”. As already mentioned: the train would reach hypercoaster height, the roller coaster itself would not.

I know it's rumours but why would they put it on the minisite!?

• 2 weeks later...

According to Hansa Parks news letter and also reported on parkerlebnis.de the coaster will feature a vertical lift as well as a vertical drop.

It will definately be the tallest vertical lift hill I would have ever heard of being about 60-80m tall.

It will be very daunting and insane!!

• 2 months later...

More info on the ride from the website:

- Kärnan will have a darkride section before the lift
- Kärnan will have a darkride section before the unloading plattform
- All markers for supports will be set in the park by mid-June

Also from http://www.parkerlebnis.de/ they are reporting that the ride will have atleast 1 inversion inside the dark ride part of the ride, maybe even 2 in the form of a heart shape although that is a rumour.