Hansa Park

Benin

I'll believe that when I see it... Even though Hansa tends to have lots of things happen on lift hills (Fluch stops halfway up to have a man shout at you for example, something not seen anywhere else)...

Believe it....

the video is german but go to 2 mins and there you go :D

http://www.sat1regional.de/aktuell/article/nervenkitzel-pur-in-sierksdorf-steht-deutschlands-hoechste-achterbahn-178247.html

I can already imagine seeing the british media reporting on this ride (BREAKING NEWS: Ride similar to smiler falls back down lift hill in dangerous malfunction!) Wouldn't surprise me if this would actually happen soon. Anyway, the ride looks great and that freefall backwards looks interesting. It will be nice to see the ride as a whole when it is themed completely.

1. No because the papers won't care if it's Germany

2. Thanks for spoiling that.

If you didn't want spoilers, reading the construction thread probably wasn't a good move! :P

Reverse drop looks fun! I assume the lights in the lift hill tower will usually be off, because those stairs look gross!

I'm with Turtle on this

It's been open a day and its (potentially) most interesting feature has been revealed due to laziness of not spoilering

Oh I agree the park should have tried to keep it secret, but nobody on this forum has spoiled it for Turtle as this is the Hansa Park thread.

Oh I agree the park should have tried to keep it secret, but nobody on this forum has spoiled it for Turtle as this is the Hansa Park thread.

They did keep it secret though... Who would've guessed that it would do that thing? There were absolutely zero rumours about it (though I don't tend to read the German forums)...

I'm gonna change the topic title (Oh, I can't... That's pretty daft then that I can't edit a topic I created, silly TPM)...

I can change it if you want but I'm guessing you were being sarcastic or something!

The news report were the people who ruined it, so I agree Hansa did a fantastic job. I just don't know why they would allow them to use the lift hill footage if it ruined it?

I can change it if you want but I'm guessing you were being sarcastic or something!

The news report were the people who ruined it, so I agree Hansa did a fantastic job. I just don't know why they would allow them to use the lift hill footage if it ruined it?

Precisely, they did exactly the same with Thirteen five years ago. 

Yeah exactly the same. Although I guess with Thirteen, the surprise is all the coaster really has going for it, so the news report on ITV did ruin it. Whereas I suppose Kärnan is a monster of a coaster without the freefall so marketing it without ruining everything would be easier than Thirteen.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm surprised no one has updated this thread!

Some interesting stuff is going in in Hansa. First and foremost, they're getting rid of their little scharwzkopf (I tried) because they can lo longer get parts for it, a long with their star flyer.

However, in it's place, the park is getting another coaster, a junior one this time!

946d438cc1d201c6b546f4028fe5173d.png

As well as this, Karnans theming has started to go up with most of the station part well under way. As far as I could find, not much work on the tower as of yet..

g51-IMG_0014.jpg

1e07fb67b0.jpg

ab92b5fcfb.jpg

6271a7847c.jpg

g54-IMG_9970.jpg

Their little coaster looks very unique, and judging by this park, they'll probably really decorate it to a great level as they seem a bit like a cross between Efteling & Europa in terms of style.

I presume the Schwartkopf being removed is Nessie (the one with the bizarre end) which is a shame as it looked quite an interesting ride even if it looked a bit dated compared to newer additions. Surprised they couldn't get someone like Gerst along to refurbish it (since there's a lot of similarities between the two). Anyone know what the ride was like (who was lucky enough to get the cred)?

Can't wait to see the finished result of Karnah though, if Fluch is anything to go by it'll look fab.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...