Chessington zoo days!

I didn't know if there was a topic for this or not but I am wondering something anyway!

Guys if you have a merlin annual pass is it free to access chessingtons zoo days or is there a £5 event fee?

If you don't have to pay do you need to pre-book or do you just go and scan your pass on the turnstile as normal?

Thanks

Your correct - bubble works if you think about it is right near the zoo and they only need to open up a small bit of the park to get there however tomb blaster you'll have to go through another land to get there. (Mexicana) which would involve more staff than needed. Who knows it might change next year when zufari is open

Ive never visited the park before on a zoo day but there could be valid reasons why sea storm would not be open. If it was snowing, yes they could just close the ride but wouldn't it be a pain for the people in the park if the ride was closed?

I dont see why they cant have the other side of the park open, however it would make tomb blaster a bit lonely if it was on its own for a zoo day. Are there any other indoor-attractions near it which could be open if it was open aswell?

I have come up with a good reason why tomb-blaster may be closed.

I'm not sure where Zufari exactly is but maybe they dont want tomb blaster open because it would give people clear views of the construction of zufari? I'm not sure about that though!

I think Seastorm was open last year? Not too sure, wasn't really paying attention to it...

The thing with Zoo Days is that it's specifically for the zoo, hence the name. The 2-3 rides they open are as a bonus if anything; the park isn't meant to open. Having Tomb Blaster open makes no sense, other than it being an indoor attraction, as it is away from all the zoo and it would be pointless for guests to walk round part of a park which has no rides open / winter maintenance to be done, just for one ride. Zufari construction has nothing to do with it, due to the fact Tomb Blaster has never open on Zoo Days (to my recollection at least).

With the opening of Zufari, there's access from Wanjama Village, so I don't see why any more of the park would need to be opened, though I guess if the park really want and maintenance wasn't required, it could be possible for them to open Tomb Blaster. I just don't see why they'd need to though?

Is safari skyway closed then? That's been open pretty much every year of Zoo Days since they came back!

Again I know it's been said that it has nothing to do with zufari, but safari skyway could well be closed because it gives clear views of construction of zufari! I know this may sound stupid though!

I have no idea if Zufari will be open for Zoo Days next year from Novemeber. It may because it can be accessed from the zoo but they have to hire and pay drivers of the trucks all the time it's open. As for its throughput, I believe it was stated to be 1000 pph (which for Chessington is decent). It will be a free to use attraction (but I'm sure if you wanted to pay fast track will be available).

My opinion on Zoo Days is great, they have to pay zookeeping staff all the time so why not open it up to the public. The addition of rides is nice too but in a way I don't want them to open loads. It's nice and peaceful when quiet so makes wandering around the zoo really enjoyable.

Zufari is going to be the best addition to Chessington since the Vampire Bubbleworks, if they don't include this in the Zoo days I feel this will be a huge loss. If they DO include it, then the Zoo days will be come a lot more popular.

I love my thrill rides, but I also have enjoyed the Zoo days there, Chessington has so much to offer for a family day out.

Current route is ace - Gotta love going over the sealife centre, and missing half of the zoo ;).

Yeah it doesn't work great in the cold - or the rain (mate, it's hilarious watching it go extremely quickly down behind sealife when it's raining!).. so might be why it's closed. Hasn't stopped them from having it open in the previous winters/zoo days though. Or at least when I used to visit!