Zufari

I think the morning is the most active time only counts for Florida because HEAT...

Hotel people I think do get a chance to ride Zufari out of park hours as well already... Can't remember tbh...

They need a better ending mind... The Waterfall escape can stay but just have an evil voice or something in the cave... It makes zero sense...

They can't expand it much further than they did though, goes up to the park boundary already... No hope of extension there...

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, is this attraction an odd duck. I went on a day as dead as you can get but the entire process of doing Zufari ate about 40 minutes of my day! Between getting to the site entrance, waiting to be let into the pre-show, the show itself (poor Lemur tried and tried but no cheering today) and then what seemed like ten minutes waiting for the jeep to start the whole thing is a giant queue. You get all this build up to something that literally seems to last about 7 minutes. I liked the ride, the animals are great, the getting thrown around in the truck was hilarious (anyone else reminded of Ace Ventura?), the cave was...an interesting way to wrap it all up. But I really feel like they went totally overboard for what the ride actually is. Like rapping a ring in a shoebox. There's just so much razzle-dazzle when all I really wanted was to just jump straight into the Jeep and go.

Warm days in October really get the zebra's excited. *winkwink*

Chessington2013051_zps82b73550.jpg

Zufari has obviously been born out of many trips on Kilamanjaro safari from Disney's Animal Kingdom, however for some reason they decided not to bring what is probably the most crucial and successful part of that tour - interaction with the driver. Replace it with a soundtrack with noones interested in, will be the same every single time, and won't adapt to the situation around you..

It makes no sense to me, it's made an attraction which could've been incredibly good, instead incredibly mediocre. Obviously don't have enough trust in their staffing to be able to train them well and ensure they give the right experience. But that's a huge huge shame.

Zufari has obviously been born out of many trips on Kilamanjaro safari from Disney's Animal Kingdom,

Really? My first thought was no one that had anything to do with making this has never been on any other Safari ride ever! It is so full of obvious mistakes, and as you say the lack of use of the driver means the thing might as well be on a track anyway. A big wasted opportunity that probably just about slips into the 'good enough' category of guest satisfaction for them not to bother with improvements.

Most of the obvious mistakes are down to the theme park portion of it, rather than the actual safari side...

Like, between leaving the station and the rhino paddock is decent enough (driver interaction would of course improve things, hell even zoo staff sitting in the front on a much louder PA system would improve matters), but everything else surrounding the ride is one big mess...

You can see the inspiration, but the design errors just as much...

You know what it almost seems like? I can imagine at some point in the conception stage someone bright suggested the pre-show as a means to make queuing on busy days less tiresome for people, and that in his mind it'd be designed to enhance the whole experience. But then he left and some derp who had delusions of Disney designed the whole thing to be a throughput nightmare.

Why should every guest get the same experience? They should get the (minimum) experience, but everything above and beyond that will add so much to the attraction, and make every single ride unique.

Animals are unique, they'll be in different locations and be doing different things. Pre-recorded announcements do nothing to take advantage of this, and the main thing RE-RIDABILITY. The ride would be so reridable with interaction, you'd want to go again (as I did with disneys). Zufari you just wish to go as far away as possible.

I believe a consistent experience is the best way, that way everyone gets the same, otherwise you have some people having a great experience, others feeling very disappointed.

Very good high quality attractions work very hard to give all their guests a consistent experience, look at the attractions in Orlando for example.

Wherever possible if they can enhance the guest experience then even better. For me I would much prefer to get the same level of experience every time.

Yet rides like Jungle Cruise, the Safaris and pre-destruction Jaws were all loved because of the available improv to the ride hosts... Even Tower of Terror has a fantastic array of experiences available to guests throughout the ride... Terminator 2 as well can be added to the list...

There's a set dialogue blurb of course, but then the host can do what they want with it... Considering Zufari's dialogue is A - Crap (the Rhino dung and warning signs sections), B - Makes no sense as you never meet Chase in the pre-show now (Not that it did in the first place) and C - Dependant on the animals being out, it's not a very good experience in the first hand...

In fact, the attraction itself is inconsistent due to the animals and their behaviour... Having a driver be in charge of the dialogue would improve things a lot more, because of being able to adapt to the whole thing as it changes on a constant basis... It's extremely boring and confusing to have silence because there's an animal in the way and you can't see it, or that the traffic lights are red and you're still sat in silence...

So basically, long story short, improv would be an improvement... Unless they think that means more Gotzee, it which case, it should go away...

You wouldn't have awful experiences with Zufari if you had a driver talking, THAT'S the point.

Everything would ADAPT to the situation. Have no animals? Play hugely on the tree branch in the way, reversing, huge waterfall area. Have something not working? Work around it.

Yes, you get consistent now, but it's consistently crap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...