Rush

Perks

There were smaller, permanent versions of the KMG Afterburner (Vortex), by this, I mean they only had six 'arms' on the main pendulum as opposed to Vortex's eight. But yes, Vortex was the first permanent Afterburner with eight 'arms'.Slammer wasn't a prototype as SWAT! in S&S' Playground was the first, but now that ride had been dismantled and is in storage, so that makes Slammer the only existing operating Sky-Swat in the world. :angry2:

Skyhawk... good looking!? You have got to being having a jolly! It easily steals the ugly crown from Rush. And Rush was a prototype, so it was never going to be perfect.

Yeah, but skyhawk works properly when compared with Rush.Rush was a prototype yes, and it did have many problems in it's first year, however, the number of down days have now dropped significantly.But it still doesn't explain why one swing clearly has something wrong with it- and when looking at Rush, particularly from a distance, the difference in height at times between the two must be approaching 20 degrees!One side is like it should be- see the previous picture of Skyhawk; and the other one just about makes it to being horizontal.

I'm pretty sure Catapult (SWAT!) is now in storage, and has been for nearly a year and a half now. :angry2:And stealthtp, just did a quick search and Skyhwak stands at 103ft but swings to a height of 125ft. Rush on the other hand stands at 52ft and swings to a height of 70ft. :angry2:

I'm pretty sure Catapult (SWAT!) is now in storage, and has been for nearly a year and a half now. :angry2:And stealthtp, just did a quick search and Skyhwak stands at 103ft but swings to a height of 125ft. Rush on the other hand stands at 52ft and swings to a height of 70ft. :angry2:

According to Wikipedia, it was relocated to Six Flags New England in 2006, and although wikipedia is hardly the fountain of all knowledge, Catapult is listed on the six flags website as operational.Although this is now majorly off-topic, was S&S Sky Swat a bit of a failure, in terms of popularity and numbers sold?

Had the reliability been better of the first 2 I think it would have been a lot more popular. Also though its a very intimidating ride and its not the sort of ride for the whole family,which is most parks target audience, its in a thrill seekers park and still most people are afraid to go on it! :angry2:

The Thing I Love about Rush is the fact that if you sit on the side facing SAW when you swing forwards at full height, you can actually see Stealth, Upside down. And the restraints are fun too! was was scared the first time I went on it, but now I love rush and I could ride it all the time! :angry2:

The Thing I Love about Rush is the fact that if you sit on the side facing SAW when you swing forwards at full height, you can actually see Stealth, Upside down. And the restraints are fun too! was was scared the first time I went on it, but now I love rush and I could ride it all the time! :)

Is this Slammer or Rush you're talking about? :angry2:. Cos I can't seem to recall Rush going upside down.

Is this Slammer or Rush you're talking about? :angry2:. Cos I can't seem to recall Rush going upside down.

In Aid Of A Diagram:Posted ImageThis side. You can See Stealth at full height, becuase it feels like your upside down becuase your feet are higher than your head. its like a 120 degree angle if you get what I mean.

In Aid Of A Diagram:Posted ImageThis side. You can See Stealth at full height, becuase it feels like your upside down becuase your feet are higher than your head. its like a 120 degree angle if you get what I mean.

The sign saying 'This side at full height' . Is it just me or does the swing labelled go higher than the one closest to Colossus?

• 2 weeks later...

Rush was on only one swing yesterday, making the queue ridiculous. Still had to give it a go again though. The swing open was the one that normally swings lower, however without the other swing turned on, it goes to the height it's actually supposed to. I wonder why...?

Rush was on only one swing yesterday, making the queue ridiculous. Still had to give it a go again though. The swing open was the one that normally swings lower, however without the other swing turned on, it goes to the height it's actually supposed to. I wonder why...?

None of them swing lower. Rush was having problems when on both swings however and they struggled to make it past half way towards the full swing height.

^ A does swing higher and faster than B. Thats normal for any Screamin' Swing. But B wasn't even making vertical on friday. The engineer was batching to monitor it, and we spoke to him for a bit. He says 'The americans' (S&S) will be out in a few weeks to sort out software.

^ A does swing higher and faster than B. Thats normal for any Screamin' Swing. But B wasn't even making vertical on friday. The engineer was batching to monitor it, and we spoke to him for a bit. He says 'The americans' (S&S) will be out in a few weeks to sort out software.

You can't look at them both and say "that one swings higher than the other". And also, I should very well hope they weren't making vertical.

Swing A does go higher than Swing B, it's so easily noticable.

It may be noticeable once you know about it, I'm sure the next time I visit I will realize now. I have never noticed it before and I have been on it most likely in excess of 100 times.

I'm not sure whether one swings lower or slower than the other, but yesterday my ride on Rush was one of the shortest I've ever seen. I don't know whether it was because of the size of the queue and the only one operational swing but, there we have it.It still stands that I love Rush, though. :P

It may be noticeable once you know about it, I'm sure the next time I visit I will realize now. I have never noticed it before and I have been on it most likely in excess of 100 times.

Well so have I, but it seems to be a problem which has only started this year. The last two years have been ok for swing syncing but this year there's a massive difference.

I came across this info from another forum and thought I'd post it on here regarding differing heights between the two swings. Compliments to "Neilfever" on SP for this, and please delete if not allowed."Here is an average of the swing angles Rush makes during a ride cycle, note swing A is the one nearest the ride console."SWING A032-4759-8186-100101-104104-6335-1280SWING B033-4759-8085-9579-7092-5528-50So it's actually quite a big and noticable difference between the two- almost 10 degrees on Max. height...