Rush

Perks

I love Rush, but if they put Rush on a longer setting we would all complain as the queue would be too big, they probally keep it on a lower setting becuase of the queue, thats my opinion.

Yes, but as someone mentioned earlier, two or three extra swings at full speed isn't going to make that much of a difference.

My opinion seems to differ from the majority of people as well. Rush just makes me feel sick, whereas most people seem to love it, and I absolutely love Detonator but most of my friends hate it!

I find Rush dull as well, the love for Rush will always baffle me.

I've never been on rush because every time I go it's closed. Can anyone explain what it feels like?

It's a great sensation actually. To be honest, at first I didn't want to go on it because I hate the feeling of swinging that you get on Mr Monkeys Banana Ride, but very surprisingingly, you don't feel that on Rush at all. I suppose it must be because its a powered swing, and not just a free-fall one. Anyway, you must give it a try.... it doesn't make your stomach go at all, (well it doesn't mine anyway). It is nothing to fear, it is just great fun!

I tell you something, I've only ever been on Rush once and I coulda pooed myself. I can't really remember what the feeling was like but I remember being scared of the fact you only have the waist restraint to hold you in. I didn't feel safe but I know you are - guess I need to ride it again.

I tell you something, I've only ever been on Rush once and I coulda pooed myself. I can't really remember what the feeling was like but I remember being scared of the fact you only have the waist restraint to hold you in. I didn't feel safe but I know you are - guess I need to ride it again.

I think the more times you ride it, the more fun and the less scary it becomes.

But surely it's the loading and unloading that takes the time. It takes, what, 5 seconds at the most for an extra top swing, and in the process make the ride a much better experience? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra 5 mintues or so for a better ride experience.. I think it's really silly, just like an extra turn each way on Slammer would make it much more exciting (presently you only get one turn on max. speed).. when again, its the loading that takes the time.

That's a good point actually. They found out that the long cycle on Zodiac didn't actually make much difference to the throughputs, and that's about 5-10 seconds or so longer than the short cycle, as a rough estimate. Ask Rob, he'll know :)And having the extra two swings on Rush is probably about the same amount of extra time.But hey, maybe there's other reasons behind it, who knows.I'm not gonna explain why I love Rush cos it'll take too long :) one of the things is the weightlessness, especially if you have the bar quite loose!

The cycle length is not changed at all by the operator, although possible, it would mean the boot from your employment.Rush's cycle believe it or not, is often due to the ride itself. You may not be aware, but the very last swing on Rush is usually the highest and can sometimes cause the ride to shut down. If she's having these problems, then the park would rather knock the cycle length down a swing and keep the ride open.However, this is not always the case, the cycle length is also decided on that days gate figures and yes, every second counts although, I do agree with what was said, and I argued the case whilst operating; if I were already in a long Rush queue, then I wouldn't mind and tbh would expect a longer ride cycle.You have to remember there are a lot of deciding factors, even the weather can screw things up. Too sunny, or too wet.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone on these forums can vouch for me, when I say I was the most skeptic person when it came to Rush. I was convinced that it was unsafe and having Ruish throw a piece of itself, didn't help. I thought that the lap restraint was not sufficient and that I would fall out. However, I have been on Rush many times and I really like it - the airtime is amazing and between skeptic-to-skeptic, I recommend this ride.

I will try it again next time, I want double the restraints! ;)

Believe me, that would make the ride dreadfully boring :P. Rush's restraints is one of the main things that makes the ride so amazing. It really lets you feel more open, and just lets you face the ground and the sky without having big bulky OTSR's like you do on things like Vortex. More restrictive restraints would take away pretty much all of the excitment from the ride.

The first time you go on Rush, the restraints do make you think".. err.. is this safe?"But after God knows how many times going on it you realise that it is the fact that their is so little holding you in that makes it so exciting.You can always tell if someone hasn't been on Rush before- they can be seen pushing the lap bar down before the op. has locked them, and looking anxious as it pops back up again and again. B)Of course all of us know that when you hear that lovely hiss sound, the bars are locked.

I will try it again next time, I want double the restraints! B)

If you want to be 'more secure' ask the staff to push it right down while you breathe in, but to be honest the sensation is great when you have air time on it! Vortex is one of my favourite rides but - I don't know - it feels weird because the bars are so big, makes me feel sick in a way that I'm not having air time.