The TPM Quiz 2.0

Sidders

The next round will be on Friday 2nd of August at 8pm in Chat, unless there is a significant number of players who cannot make this date. It will be the Multiple Choice Round. This round runs very differently to the previous rounds. The biggest difference is that in this round you can use the Internet. This round will also be timed. You will have between 1 and 2 minutes to complete questions, quite possibly all of which will require use of the Internet.

Here's how the Multiple Choice Round will work. You will receive a question like: "Name a green B&M coaster". There are exactly six answers you could have, and each is worth different points, depending on 'obscurity'. You must pick one answer for each question. The more obscure you go, the more points are up for grabs, hence why Internet is allowed in this round, as not everyone knows all the green B&M coaster in the world. To further explain my point, here are the six green B&Ms, and the points they might be assigned*:

The Incredible Hulk, Islands of Adventure (4)

The Riddler's Revenge, Six Flags Magic Mountain (15)

Raptor, Cedar Point (10)

Hydra: The Revenge, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (14)

Green Lantern, Six Flags Great Adventure (7)

Flying over the Rainforest, Ocean Kingdom (24)

Why so many points? Well this is because as well as earning more points for going obscure, you also share points with whoever else picks the same answer as you; another reason for Internet. Questions with fewer answers will naturally have more points per answer, to accommodate these shared points. Those questions with 20 or more possible answers will have fewer points per possible answer, as there are 26 of you and odds of picking the same answer are lower. This has all been worked out on a rolling ratio in my spreadsheet, as well as the available points for each answer themselves.

So, for instance, if you were given the above question, and three of you picked The Riddler's Revenge but only one of you picked Raptor, then the three who picked The Riddler's Revenge would receive 5 points each, but the player who picked Raptor would receive all 10.

It sounds complicated, but it's honestly one of the most fun of the rounds so far, according to my trial runs. It can be very frantic due to it being timed, and it's much better played live, so please be there if you can!

Best of luck to those of you yet to answer the Picture Round questions! :)

*Due to the ratio, these numbers are rounded. The numbers are more like 7.11 and 24.49.

Eeek, that Records Round hit me quite badly (though I really should be joint 5th there Sidders! ;) )

The Pictures Round seemed like a good'un to me though, and hopefully the Multiple Choice Round should be able to bring me back up. :P

Blame it on the auto-numbers! I couldn't put two fives in! But yes it should be noted that Josh and Ethan are in joint-fifth. :P

Guess I better get to work on this Multiple Choice Round!

But surely with the scoring system, everyone will look for the most obscure and it could end up that the most obvious answers score really well?

I think that'll add to the round and make it more challenging, whilst still being fun. It means you have to strike up the balance between the obvious and the obscure, making it more interesting and adding a bit of tactical thinking to the round.

That's just the way I see it though. :P

Righto, now that half of you have completed the Picture Round, here are how the scores stand for this round only. Please bear in mind these are raw marks and are yet to be converted into UMS.

EC!: 93.0

Luke_A: 90.0

scarycoasterboy: 90.0

Cornflakes: 88.0

JoshC.: 83.0

J.S217: 81.0

James & Co.: 80.0

stretchy: 79.0

James_C: 70.0

MarkC: 66.0

coastergod: 60.0

Mr. Fish: 44.0

So those are the scores to beat! Off you pop. :P

Sure can Han :)

Here's the updated scoreboard for the Picture Round only. Still awaiting coastercameron98, Coaster Jamie, Dan9, Peaj, Phill Pritchard, Matt Creek, and Topsyturvy15! Come on guys!

coastergod: 60.0

Cornflakes: 88.0

EC!: 93.0

Han30: 69.0

James_C: 70.0

James & Co.: 80.0

JoshC.: 83.0

Luke_A: 90.0

pluk: 84.0

MarkC: 66.0

Mr. Fish: 44.0

R1C4Y: 85.0