Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went today from 5-8 with Smartguy (sam and his friend) Was fantastic! No ques really at all, apart from the rides that only had 1 car going round. Ride count was:Asylum - 4Hellgate - 2Se7en - 1Curse -1Nemesis front - 1Stealth front - 1Saw - 1Mazes were really good, finally did them, even leading Asylum and Hellgate :P Not as bad as I thought at all. All of them were 0-10 mins apart from se7en which was 45 mins odd, we bought single fastrack for this. We were going to do Saw lots of times as no que at all but someone had been sick on the stairs leading down (yes, we could feel how slipery they were :S ) so they stopped the ride as it was near 8 anyway, so that's where the extra Asylum/Hellgate came from.Overall a great few hours and I can't wait for Sundays trip :)

WARNING: THIS REPORT CONTAINS SPOILERS THAT MAY PROVE DETRIMENTAL TO FIRST-TIME VISITORS OF FRIGHT NIGHTS. Went to the park yesterday, and although it was incredibly busy, I still managed to have a fantastic day.Although I was half expecting it, it was quite ironic when SAW: The Ride broke down just after 4pm, hence not coming alive. We waited outside for around 20 minutes, but the ride didn't open until about an hour later. Stealth broke down around 12pm for around 10 minutes, but then eventually closed with technical difficulties at around 7.30pm, and remained closed for the rest of the day. We went on one maze, The Asylum. We started queueing around 3.05pm, and it was around 4.45pm when we got out of the maze. I have never done the Asylum before, and I can honestly say that it was one of the most terrifying things that I have ever experienced. The actors were so unbelievably good at their job, and the make up was so realistic. I've never been so scared as when the guy revved his chainsaw and charged towards us! I was incredibly impressed by the maze, and it gave me an adrenaline rush bigger than any of the rides in the park. The park was extremely busy, and despite staying until 10pm, we only managed 2 rides in the dark. Fright Nights is such an incredible event, and I really did enjoy it more than I expected. The mist/effects on Nemesis Inferno were incredible, they really added a lot to the ride experience. The smoke machine underneath the police car in the Saw plaza was great, I couldn't see anything for about 10 seconds, and I walked into a group of people on the other side. I've never seen the park at night before, and it really is spectacularly breathtaking. The maximum queue times for yesturday were as follows:SAW: 100 minutesStealth: 80 minutesColossus: 120 minutesNemesis Inferno: 90 minutesSlammer: 50 minutesRush: 60 minutesDetonator: 60 minutesVortex: 50 minutesZodiac: 40 minutesQuantum: 30 minutesSamurai: 60 minutesLoggers Leap: 30 minutesTidal Wave: 20 minutesRumba Rapids: 20 minutesStorm In A Teacup: 10 minutesX:/ No Way Out: 40 minutesFlying Fish: 10 minutesAsylum: 120 minutesCurse: 80 minutesSe7en: 90 minutesHellgate: 80 minutesMy ride count for yesturday was as follows:SAW: 1Colossus: 1 (Day) 1 (Night)Nemesis Inferno: 1Stealth: 1Detonator: 1Tidal Wave: 1Loggers Leap: 1Rush: 1 (Night)Slammer: 1Samurai: 1Asylum: 1(I didn't purchase any fastrack tickets, I queued in the main queue for all of these rides). As you can see, very long queues which resulted in a rather low ride count. Despite not getting on many rides, it was a very enjoyable, thrilling day.The best part in my opinion, was The Asylum. I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day, and the really well made-up actors stuck in my mind. I was at the back of the group, and the actors kept following me, which really freaked me out. Such a great, memorable experience. If I had a few more hours, I would have loved to have experience Nemesis Inferno in the dark. We would have ridden Stealth, if it hadn't of closed whilst we were in the queue-line, around 10 minutes from boarding. Overall, a great day. It was just a shame about the many long queues.

Fantastic trip report, thanks! :PGreat to hear you had a fantastic day, and if it's this busy on the first Saturday , what's it going to be like during half-term around Halloween!Your review of The Asylum has really made me want to try a scare maze, hopefully when at Alton Towers in a couple of weeks I'll try Terror Of The Towers.Edit: Quantum at 30 mins :)Can the queue even hold that much :) ?Also out of interest, which 2 rides did you do in the dark ?

Fantastic trip report, thanks! :PGreat to hear you had a fantastic day, and if it's this busy on the first Saturday , what's it going to be like during half-term around Halloween!Your review of The Asylum has really made me want to try a scare maze, hopefully when at Alton Towers in a couple of weeks I'll try Terror Of The Towers.Edit: Quantum at 30 mins :)Can the queue even hold that much :) ?Also out of interest, which 2 rides did you do in the dark ?

No problem!Honestly, I'm not exaggerating about the Asylum. It is the single most terrifying experience that I have ever had in my life. When I ran out, all I could think is that I just wanted to get away from that man!Yes, Quantum @ 30 minutes shocked me too, the queue was out of the entrance.We did Colossus & Rush in the dark. We would have done Stealth but the ride closed just as we were about to board.

Had another good day yesterday, ended up meeting up with Ricky and Marc around 3:30 to do the Asylum and Inferno which was nice,Ride Count:Nemesis Inferno: 6Detonator: 6Colossus: 2Saw: 1Zodiac: 1Vortex: 1Quantum: 2Teacups: 1Slammer: 2Samurai: 2Rush: 1X: 2Maze Count:Asylum: 1Hellgate: 1The park was fantastic at night, especially Colossus, going through smoke on the final inline twist was amazing, The Asylum seemed alot better than on Sunday, but Hellgate was not as good, we got on all the rides we wanted to do a night, and they were all really good, apart from the fact Inferno's mist broke.

Saturday 24/10/09 Trip ReportMy first fright night!!!RC:Nemesis x4(1 in dark)Colossus x2(1 in dark)Saw x2(1 in dark)Samurai x2(1 in dark)Loggers LeapRush x2VortexDepth ChargeFlying FishZodiac x2(1 in dark)Banana BoatThe Curse Horror MazeRumba Rapids20 rides, 1 maze. Pretty Decent considering I was expecting it to be much busier. :) At about 3:45 we started to queue for Hellgate. But half an hour later, it had technical failures and the queue was solid for another half hour. By that point we decided to call it quits and left the queue, and headed for the Curse. This queue was advertised as 1 hour, but we got in in about 45 minutes :P I will not speak about theming etc because I dont want to spoil other peoples experiences, but needless to say it was absolutely fantastic and I was desperate to do the asylum..........but by this point it had a queue of 2 hours. And my brother didnt want to queue that long for a similar experience to the one we just had back at Curse. So me and my group went around and took pictures of rides in the dark (it was about 6:30 by now) then we did Colossus, Nemesis and Saw fastracks in the dark and ate our dinner on Rumba Rapids.One thing I did forget to mention was that we did Saw single rider at about 5pm. We went up the stairs, etc, then when we got to the station the guy who was putting people on the rides told us that single rider was not in operation.But he decided to let all four of us on the same car as he didnt want to make a big fuss of it!Result!Most of the things mentioned up there were good points, but some of the bad points were:--Smokers. They think they can get away with it just because its dark and because they think theyre more supreme than everyone else. Well theyre not. -Stealth was shut. :D All day! (shock horror). (this is one of the reasons I am going on Friday as well)-We could only stay till half eight because my family and myself were going to Devon at 7am the next morning.So yeah, thats about it and if you have any queries about queue times, etc please feel free to ask!! :)

Went yesterday and it was very good, quieter then I thought. We entered about 3'oclock and went straight to the Asylum. We got on about 20 mins after 4 o'clock. This was my worst trip in there due to a group of 4 teens in front of us who freaked out and were just messing about. They just lead us into walls and emergency exits, they were rude to the actors (one of whom just walked in front and shouted 'Come on then, fight me!') they ran, then the worse bit was they just huddled in wall and shout at us 4 to go in front and lead it. Then their toppling over us, one grabs my arm for protection and it just ruined it. Luckily they were taken by security as soon as they'd got out - I think and actor must of said something - and there are CTV Cameras. But the actors were very good, especially the chainsaw lady at the end made it very scary.(few Spoilers in here)Next was Hellgate which took about 45 mins. This was fantastic! Certainly boosting up to being one of my favorites. I went at the back and loved it! So much better then the front. The actors certainly pick on you. Special mention to the 3 actors round the dining table, we were going quite slow and the man just walked behind me touching my back with the girl then appearing out of no where with a blue torch. As well as the dungeon scene which had 2 , one in the cell and one by the entrance swinging on bars. Both put their hands out as I walked past to grab my head , I love when they work together to maximize their scares. The woman at the end with the chain was also fantastic, she had weird eyes and just swung it, then chased me through the exit shouting "LEAVE OUR HOUSE"! Well they were the two mazes, after that we did Slammer in the dark and then went to eat something. It was then we decided we would go and do Saw. The que was really big and going very slow. I had felt ill with my soar throat all day and was developing a fever so I left them at about 7:30 and went the medical room. I just lay there till 8:50 when I was picked up. Ruined the day really but still was enjoyable. I think I've been so many times now that the ride count doesn't matter, what I do go on is good and enjoy it :) Looking forward to Friday's trip (if I get better).

Went yesterday for the full 12 hours and had an amazing day :)When we got to the park we first went on Depth Charge (like always) and then ran all the way to X:// No Way Out. I was reminded how great that little ride is and was even slightly worried that someone was going to be there on the breaks to touch you and stuff... By the time we got off X:// No Way Out it was just gone 11 so we went over to Colossus and it said a 60 minute queue. Thankfully, we got on in just over 30 minutes and with a little help of the iPod, the time went really quickly. Then we quickly got on Samurai within 10 minutes and the friends went on that awful ride Slammer... It said a 10 minute queue so they said just to wait outside and they'd be out in a minute to go get something to eat....HAH! Almost an hour later, they finally get off and leave me feeling sick because at this point I was starving... (Didn't have breakfast, overslept.. yeah) This was the only big letdown of the day, I felt really annoyed at the Thorpe Park Queue time board lying, if it was like 5 or 10 minutes longer than it said I wouldn't have been affected by it, but the fact that they were in the queue for almost an hour was just a huge letdown... Next we went to the nearby Burger King and I dove in to a beautiful Chicken Royale, which was much better than the last one I had at the branch in Waterloo station. After lunch, we all felt rather bloated so we decided to queue up for 15 minutes for Loggers Leap and then went over to the Rapids and despite it saying 20 minutes, we got on in just over 5 minutes, which was great :P We even got a lovely photo of all eight of us playing dead... lol We went over to Mr Monkey's Banana Boat where we had a great ride on the classic ride. By this point it was 3 so I told them we needed to start queuing up for the Asylum, but they knew better... We went for Tidal Wave, and I knew we'd regret it, but they'll never learn :D We got off at 3:25 and ran (quite literally) over to the Asylum queue... At 3:30 it was right by the toilets outside of the Slammer, so we sat down and prepared ourselves for a lengthy wait. Then suddenly they opened the queue at like 3:40 and we were standing next to the old control-hut to Miss Hippo's Jungle Safari. We got in at around 5pm but the wait was definitely worth it. I was 5th out of the 8 people in our group and was somewhat terrified on the first corridor. *Spoilers Ahead*Then when the live actors started appearing I was in hysterics for roughly a minute. Then we bumped in to the group of girls we were talking to in the queue who we were just after and two of them were crying and asked us to help ... But we kinda just ran off and left them (we're so nice) and then a guy with a hockey mask joined on the end of the line and was doing the conga with us, lol... Then when we got to the final corridor I knew something was coming and then when I heard the revving of a chainsaw I panicked and turned around to see this guy sprinting down the corridor towards us. Of course, the people behind me were now frantically pushing me to get out of the way and the people before me were still confused on what was happening. I was unfortunately stuck in the middle and got tripped over by the guy behind me. I face-planted the floor hurting my nose (woke up with a bruise) and then ended up with two other people on top of me and a guy with a chainsaw standing above me... I had to wait until the other guys got up off me before I could even move and then I ran like hell out of that place in more hysterics, all my friends were already at the bag collection point, yeah... Great friends I have, they saw me trip and they just kept running!! Whoever gets to do that job with the chainsaw must seriously have the best job ever!! *End of Spoilers*Then we checked the queue-lines and saw Nemesis Inferno at 25 minutes (shortest it had been at all day) so we quickly got on that and then decided it was time to go to Saw. We thought about dropping out because the queue was 90 Minutes (though we waited 2 hours) however we stayed in and was entertained somewhat by the total chavs infront of us who were cursing really loudly at people in the queue and ended up opening two gates throughout the queue to try and queue jump, but luckily they didn't get away with it either time, and yet they STILL weren't kicked from the queue! I didn't see the point in this because there was even an announcement saying that anyone found queue-jumping would be removed from the queue. So we got in the building and was definitely disappointed to find there was not a single live actor there... But then when we got to the station we found a really sad looking mime-guy... We got on to the ride and heard lots of girls screaming, so I guess he was doing his job well... Saw was great in the dark with all the lights and was definitely one of the best rides of the day. Then we went over to Rush, they all went on Rush, me and a friend went on Quantum and Zodiac... Then we ran over to Nemesis Inferno and by this point (9:30pm) the whole track and area was coated in smoke and mist, which was breathtakingly amazing...So Overall Ride Count and Queue TimesDepth Charge x1 - 0 to 15 minutes all dayX:// No Way Out x1 - 5-30 minutes all dayColossus x1 - 60 minutes until 6pm when it shot up to 90 minutes before going back down to 45 minutes by 8pmSamurai x1 - 30 minutes most of the daySlammer x1 (not me but still :)) - 10 minutes on the queue line thing all day but from my experience it was 50 minutes :LLoggers Leap x1 - 10 minutes during the day, 0 minutes at night (obviously)Rumba Rapids x1 - 30 minutes on the queue line thing most of the day until it closed but we got on it in 5 minutesTidal Wave x1 - 10 minutes until it got dark when it went down to 0Banana Boat x1 - 0 to 10 minutes all dayThe Asylum x1 - Ranged from 90 minutes to 45 minutes at the end of the dayNemesis Inferno x2 (1 dark) - Ranged from 20 minutes to 90 minutesSaw the Ride x1 (dark) - Around 90 minutes all dayQuantum x2 (2 dark) - 0 to 15 minutes all dayZodiac x1 (dark) - 15 to 30 minutes all day (from what I saw)Rush x1 (dark) - 15 to 45 minutes all day Closed Rides-- Detonator - All Day-- Saw the Ride - Stopped running for about 5-10 minutes at 11-- Rumba Rapids - Shut down at just after 6pm and didn't open againBest Bit of the Day-- Falling Over in the Asylum - truly classic :)

went for a few hours this afternoon, I went with 4 freinds and a girl I really like :). we got to twickenham train station at 4pm we got a train to staines then got a cab to the park. when we got into the park stealth was down we decided to do saw. we queued about 2hours but time flys when your having a grate conversation.after saw we got a buger king. we went back to stealth and queued an hour, sometime around seven it shut down befor we got on. we got a free fast pass to inferno or Colossus. we used it on Colossus because the queue was 70mins we ended up queuing 30mins for the front. me and ruby(the girl I like) went and sat by loggers leap whilst the others went on. we then qued inferno for about 40 mins, really grate ride! I saw ricky at the inferno shop at about 9 I said hi but you did not notice me or hear me. we all finneshed the night on asylum. a really good attraction to end the day! I had to comfort ruby :) .

went for a few hours this afternoon, I went with 4 freinds and a girl I really like :). we got to twickenham train station at 4pm we got a train to staines then got a cab to the park. when we got into the park stealth was down we decided to do saw. we queued about 2hours but time flys when your having a grate conversation.after saw we got a buger king. we went back to stealth and queued an hour, sometime around seven it shut down befor we got on. we got a free fast pass to inferno or Colossus. we used it on Colossus because the queue was 70mins we ended up queuing 30mins for the front. me and ruby(the girl I like) went and sat by loggers leap whilst the others went on. we then qued inferno for about 40 mins, really grate ride! I saw ricky at the inferno shop at about 9 I said hi but you did not notice me or hear me. we all finneshed the night on asylum. a really good attraction to end the day! I had to comfort ruby :) . queues:coasters:60-90minsflat rides:20-60minsmazes:40-80mins

So you think that Thorpe are happy they are not making as much money?

There was a lot of complaining last year about the over-crowding, so this year they're trying to control it. Fright Nights has still been a great success for them, it always is and that was never going to be a problem.

There was a lot of complaining last year about the over-crowding, so this year they're trying to control it. Fright Nights has still been a great success for them, it always is and that was never going to be a problem.

I agree. Although it's not heaving with people, it's still more than busy enough to provide THORPE PARK with a pretty hefty profit margin. It's a win-win situation for THORPE PARK really, less people complaining because of over-crowding, yet still making a nice profit. Also, if more people are happy with their visit, then they are more likely to return again in the future.

Great to hear you had a good day, and I'm still surprised that the queue's aren't through the roof.P.S Can you please edit and sort out the spelling, punctuation, everything really. :)

if you are talking to me, sorry. I was tired and as you probaly know I'm not a very good speller. ill try sort it out soon.