Thorpe Park Trip Reports

No joke, today was absolute shambles and I assure you that I will not be returning any time soon. This is probably the worst trip I have ever had. The reliability was beyond a joke, here is a list of the rides that broke down or opened late today:StealthSawRushSamuraiDetonatorVortexSlammerTidal WaveThe worst ride was Stealth. I queued for it 4 times, it broke down all four and at one point had to empty the queue line to run maintenance checks. Whatever Intamin have done, it's not working. The park's attitude towards fastrack is disgusting. Employees were repeatedly going for the big sale just outside queue entrances. The park oversold fastrack massively, making the already long queues even longer. For example, Saw's fastrack queue was back to the photo collection booth. I know it's not the park's fault it was so busy, but they could of managed the crowds allot better then they did. Also the usual problems of Chav's queue jumping and smoking, which staff did not deal with.After recently visiting Alton Towers, I realised what a joke this park really is. Shame.

Interestingly I was on park all day and only managed to see Rush and Saw break down. I guess I went to the right rides at the right times. Both seemed to be back up and running quite fast though (not saying it is acceptable). Teacups was also closed around 4pm but there seemed to be a guy cleaning so maybe someone was sick.The park was very busy and I 100% agree with you about the fastrack, especially outside Colossus they were trying to grab you to sell them. The queues moved ridiculously slow and my group that foolishly bought fasttrack for Colossus still queued 20 minutes. Nemesis Inferno's queue was moving extremely slowly as so many had fasttrack (and staff were very slow at times loading the trains. Saw many people queue jumping as well with not much being done, just the odd announcement here and there.Atmosphere wasn't the best today either with Music for most rides quite low. BTW has Colossus been playing Queueline theme in the station all season??? But was nice to see some effects fixed such as the mist on Nemesis Inferno, the Colossus fountain etc. Nearly walked into a wall in the dome toilets as they have moved the door!!!Had first go on Saw Alive today and didn't think it was that great, wouldn't bother again unless others that haven't been on it really want to go on it.Ride Count:X:\\ No Way Out x1Rush x1Quantum x1Nemesis Inferno x1Saw Alive x1Saw: The Ride x1Loggers Leap x1Colossus x1Samurai x1Rumba Rapids x1Quantum seemed faster for some reason, have the settings been changed?Quite disappointing at just 10 rides when I was there all day.

No joke, today was absolute shambles and I assure you that I will not be returning any time soon. This is probably the worst trip I have ever had. The reliability was beyond a joke, here is a list of the rides that broke down or opened late today:StealthSawRushSamuraiDetonatorVortexSlammerTidal WaveThe worst ride was Stealth. I queued for it 4 times, it broke down all four and at one point had to empty the queue line to run maintenance checks. Whatever Intamin have done, it's not working. The park's attitude towards fastrack is disgusting. Employees were repeatedly going for the big sale just outside queue entrances. The park oversold fastrack massively, making the already long queues even longer. For example, Saw's fastrack queue was back to the photo collection booth. I know it's not the park's fault it was so busy, but they could of managed the crowds allot better then they did. Also the usual problems of Chav's queue jumping and smoking, which staff did not deal with.After recently visiting Alton Towers, I realised what a joke this park really is. Shame.

I got on 8 yesterday!It was a joke, but it's my own fault for going during the holidays, which I'll never do again!Didn't queue too long to get in, staff at the admission booths were working pretty quickly.From what I saw, most rides had no problems all day. Stealth stopped for a few minutes for some reason, but was nothing major. Slammer stopped at the top and came back down again - not too sure if it re-opened, but it was 10 minutes from closing so...I should've planned the day a bit better, perhaps should've bought Fastrack, but to be honest, the Fastrack queues were too long on some of the rides, which kind of defeats the aim of the system.Anyway, I managed to ride...- Rush.- Rumba Rapids.- Nemesis Inferno (which was stated as having a 45 minute queue but got on within 20 minutes :P)- Stealth.- Samurai.- SAW The Ride.- SAW Alive.- Loggers Leap.I did what I wanted but as always, didn't get on Colossus because of the queue length. It always seems to be so long, which is really disappointing :D never mind eh.I generally had a good day but I think I'll leave THORPE PARK alone for a while, or at least be a bit more tactical and go on a 'school day'.Got some pics too, will upload them later.

I find it a kind of balancing act when I visit theme parks these days? Is it about the amount of rides you go on or the great times you've had with your friends on the rides you did get on. I've had days at Thorpe Park where I've been on 30+ rides but they pale in comparison to days where I've only been on 5 rides. Reading through your trip report, you got on three rollercoasters, two decent flat rides and a decent water ride. So I wouldn't be to down about it. :P

Hey, first time poster :PI am going to Thorpe Park in a few weeks (24th April)This is a Saturday, and I was wondering just how long the queues are at the moment? I am going just after the holidays, so it wont be as busy as it is now hopefully!So just asking, what were the queues like in the last 3-4 weeks? (on weekends)Thanks :DP.S I know its not quite the correct topic, but I thought of it whilst browsing this one and wouldn't know where to post as I am new to the forums :S

I find it a kind of balancing act when I visit theme parks these days? Is it about the amount of rides you go on or the great times you've had with your friends on the rides you did get on. I've had days at Thorpe Park where I've been on 30+ rides but they pale in comparison to days where I've only been on 5 rides. Reading through your trip report, you got on three rollercoasters, two decent flat rides and a decent water ride. So I wouldn't be to down about it. :P

I do agree with you there, but you do just feel that when you pay to get in the park, going on only a few of the rides you wanted to is a bit disappointing. I, personally, would be pretty annoyed if I'd paid the full price yesterday. Of course, it's all down to the individual and I must admit that Thorpe Park seems to be a rerally popular place for groups of friends to go, which is good.

A day full of breakdowns and lots of people. Staff were mixed; some very energized, some very rude. Lots of queue jumpers and people smoking in the queues. Nice day, which attracted lots of guests. I must say, the rebrand is excellent. However, I just don't like it. <_<Ride Count:Inferno x2Teacups x1 Detonator x1Loggers Leap x2Samurai x1SAW Alive x2X:\ WTF (Front row) x1Rush x1Flying Fish (Front row) x1Ride Count for 2010:Inferno x3 Rumba Rapids x3Teacups x2Stealth x1Detonator x2Mr Monkey's Banana Ride x1Loggers Leap x3CCR x2Flying Fish x2X:\WTF x2Rush x2Vortex x1SAW Alive x2

I do agree with you there, but you do just feel that when you pay to get in the park, going on only a few of the rides you wanted to is a bit disappointing. I, personally, would be pretty annoyed if I'd paid the full price yesterday. Of course, it's all down to the individual and I must admit that Thorpe Park seems to be a rerally popular place for groups of friends to go, which is good.

I agree there. I travel a long way to get to Thorpe so I deserve a good day out for the effort I put in! It's for alright for some, living 5-15 minutes away...Don't get me wrong, a low ride count + awesome time with awesome people is fine. It just depends who you're with I guess <_< Nothing worse than a crap ride count + "meh" people <_<I hate it when people say "You've been on the rides loads of times before anyway so why do you care?" Because going on rides is fun? Do people not go to theme parks to have fun? Plus I like to make the most out of any day out I have, I don't give a toss how many times I've been, each trip is individual to me. Sorry but it does my head in and confuses me!

As you know Micheala, it takes me a long time to get to Thorpe as well.. I just only see certain rides as essential to ride every visit and others I will ride if they have small queues. Whenever I visit, I feel 'happy' as such if I have been on Colossus, Inferno, Saw: The Ride, Stealth and Detonator. Everything else is inconsequential. Obviously its different for everyone, I was just adding a bit of perspective that the amount of rides Jamie_Hk got on wasn't actually as bad as his trip report made out. But then again, thats just my own view on visiting theme parks and isn't the rule <_<

Today started well:- Reride front row on Inferno. Then a reride up the back.- Got the ride order perfect in the morning, doing Inferno x3, Slapps, Loggers, Det, Rush, and then got to Stealth just as it opened for front row late morning. It was 12pm when it suddenly became rammed and then everything fell into the depths of oblivion. Saw and Stealth were out for most of the morning. Rumba was draining/pumps off/closed around lunch-ish time. Samurai was also messing about.Fastrack was making queues crazy. Even when everything finally started working. At one point the Fastrack Inferno shop queue was well past fungle safari.Alive was actually DIRE today.Inferno - 3 (2F) (2 Cattle pens used and on the return at mid-day)Stealth - 4 (1F)Det - 1Fish - 1Quantum - 1Rush - 3Colossus - 1 (Longest queue 75mins (we queued this))Saw - 1 (About 60mins after hours (we queued this))Saw Alive - 1Loggers - 1Slammer - 1Samurai - 119 rides. Even worse count than last time. This was at a push because we rushed around in the morning aswell.I remember in 2007 in an easter trip; our ride-count was well into the 50's...not anymore...

This is so upsetting to read these dreadful reviews - I honestly thought Thorpe had finally started to sort themselves out ready for this year, but obviously not.Why can't one of the UK's largest theme parks handle a crowd, or even keep their rides open all day? It's actully quite pathetic! I was at Alton Towers last week for the first time in a while and I've suddenly realised what a shambles Thorpe really is.

This is so upsetting to read these dreadful reviews - I honestly thought Thorpe had finally started to sort themselves out ready for this year, but obviously not.Why can't one of the UK's largest theme parks handle a crowd, or even keep their rides open all day? It's actully quite pathetic! I was at Alton Towers last week for the first time in a while and I've suddenly realised what a shambles Thorpe really is.

I think Thorpe have been much better this year. <_< Stealth is the only ride which has been having continuous problems, and yes really none of them should be, but it's a massive improvement on previous years. And the park have worked hard on restoring old effects and theming as well as adding new things and they've done quite a lot more general park improvements this year. Also the staff have been as fantastic as usual. I think you're opinion on Thorpe is more to do with you getting bored of the park (I'm in the same situation), rather than it simply being in a state because it has improved a fair bit.

I think Thorpe have been much better this year. ;) Stealth is the only ride which has been having continuous problems, and yes really none of them should be, but it's a massive improvement on previous years. And the park have worked hard on restoring old effects and theming as well as adding new things and they've done quite a lot more general park improvements this year. Also the staff have been as fantastic as usual. I think you're opinion on Thorpe is more to do with you getting bored of the park (I'm in the same situation), rather than it simply being in a state because it has improved a fair bit.

I guess you're right, although I have never experienced as many problems in a single day as I have at Thorpe! And what the hell are they doing with the Fastracks this year! I agree they have definitely improved this year, but it's still pretty poor compared to other parks.You're right though, I probably am getting bored with Thorpe (already <_<) I think I'll give it a rest for a while.

The fast track situation is silly, It causes the normal queue to move much slower as the let so many fasttrack people through and whats even sillier is that the people that actually pay for fasttrack still have to queue 10 - 20 minutes. I too wish they would rethink it, and have a much lower limit for it (its money for them though so I cant see it).No Inferno is not using the exit line for fasttrack, it uses the walkway to the right of the main entrance of Inferno. Then both the normal queue and fasttrack queue combines at the bottom of the stairs.I also agree that Thorpe have been much better this year. There have been far less break downs this year so far (most days all rides have been available) and when rides have broken down they havent just given up for the rest of the day and closed the ride like they have done in previous years, they have actually bothered to try fixing them. Stealth for example as we know has been having lots of problems recently but again they try and reopen everytime instead of just giving up. I'm sure the engineering and rides teams are just as annoyed as the general public when it breaks down.

Fastrack has always been ridiculous, but this year it's got even worse!I always used to think why don't they just have a free fastrack system like Disney, but having seen the long queues for payed Fastrack this month I'm not sure it's such a good idea! I guess everyone would just go and print themselves a Fastrack and wait in a queue that's just as long as the main line!There must be another way to handle the crowds. Fastrack just seems to get in the way and slow everything down all the time. I can't see Thorpe scrapping it though, I get the impression that all they want is the money!

I´m visiting next weekend, and a few thing I´d like to know...Is Stealth still rollbacking? As I would love to get on a roll back.Is it likely to be bussier or quieter next weekend or in the week?How smoothly are the SRQ´s flowing?Is Saw SRQ open?How many actors is there likely to be next weekend in Saw Alive?Thanks

I´m visiting next weekend, and a few thing I´d like to know...Is Stealth still rollbacking? As I would love to get on a roll back.Is it likely to be bussier or quieter next weekend or in the week?How smoothly are the SRQ´s flowing?Is Saw SRQ open?How many actors is there likely to be next weekend in Saw Alive?Thanks

For points:1) I didn't see it rollback yesturday. It was going over at a reasonable pace every time, but then it was quite warm. But rollbacks can accur anyday for whatever reason. 2) Likely to be rammed with hour queues.3) SRQ on Stealth was pretty sharp yesturday with about 40 min wait, filled to the bottom gate. Depends on the staff I guess though. 4) No Saw SRQ as of yet, although there were a few hosts saying they were trying to get it back.5) Yesturday there was minimal actors. 1 per room, No pigs, On my go...

On the subject of Fastrack, that reminds me - they've really cracked down on the Disabled Policy too, which is good news. I obviously have nothing against people using the system ;) But a lot of the reasons people gave were ridiculous - I mean, why does a broken arm stop you queueing?So now, not only do you have to provide proof of your disability, you also need a doctors note, or something from any other medical professional, explaining WHY your disability stops you from queueing. So people who have disabilities that don't stop them queueing but used it as an excuse, will no longer be able to do so. Hooray, dam cheats!So from now on, anyone you see with a yellow wristband genuinely CANNOT queue. Which will help both staff and disabled guests (their queues will be short like they are meant to be). <_<

It's difficult to explain.The policy used to be that you had to have proof that you had a disability. So someone with ADHD could show a diagnosis report/letter and get a band, no furthur questions asked. The thing is, not all people with ADHD have trouble queueing - an adult with ADHD would probably be capable of doing so, as they are mature etc. But they could use it as an excuse if they wanted to, even if they didn't actually have trouble queueing.Now the policy is: you have to prove your disability and also provide a reason, in the form of a note from a doctor or someone, as to how/why the disability stops you from queueing. So if someone had mild ADHD and was perfectly able to queue, they would no longer be able to get a band. Because their doctor would know how mild their condition is, what symtpoms they have etc, so if they know their patient has no problem waiting their turn, they're not going to give them a note saying they can't wait their turn.It basically stops people using a mild disability as an excuse to skip the queues when they are perfectly able to queue.This is what the letter I got says explaining it:Posted Image<_<