Thorpe Park Trip Reports

My only slight niggle of the day was that spiteful mistress Stealth, haha. We joined the 5 minute queue at 11am and it ceased operation... managed to get a ride front row later... then came back at 3 and she wasn't in operation again! The ride attendant suggested it might be down for the rest of the afternoon - anyone know what's up with it? I love the ride, but her reliability has been questionable so far!!

On Annual Pass event day I was on the train a few times when it failed to launch. The enginieer said that the launch cable is weak at present and one of the wheels that move the train from station B to A was out of possition causing it to rub the train on launch which causes failed launches!Poor Stealthy

My mates managed to dodge a load of falling vomit on Colossus when they were walking under the arch near the final stretch into the station before the final barrell roll... yuck!! Haha.

I was behind them! I thought it had actually hit them. me and my friends couldn't believe that. especially as we had been on Colossus about 15 mins earlier and they had had to cease operationg for essential cleaning. people need to learn to keep their food down!

I was behind them! I thought it had actually hit them. me and my friends couldn't believe that. especially as we had been on Colossus about 15 mins earlier and they had had to cease operationg for essential cleaning. people need to learn to keep their food down!

Small world!! I don't think they could believe their luck either, haha. I won't go on something like Colossus if I've just eaten... in fact, I only tend to go on it in the morning before lunch :) If the whole group had been together, there would've been 4 of us in a line and I'm sure it would've got us!!

I also went to thorpe yesterday..I like the new branding, it suits the park and is very good - they've effectively have had that branding company to the max and I'm sure it'll work utter wonders.Saw alive was a load of crap, it was probably as tame as a chessie maze and not even fun.. so yeah. Huge thumbs down on that front.However big thumbs up to the very reridable saw ride, actually went on that countless times and its probably my 2nd favourite coaster after inferno now.Which works well when moving onto that.. the mist and lighting is amazing. The decision to have the 07 music back in the station.. that was annoying WITH the dispatch music back then, so now to hear this useless 30sec track constantly playing is rediculous. The ride also had the longest queue for the entire time I was at the park, which was also very stupid.. surely the 2nd train was off for maintenance already? It should constantly be on the track. Also the attendants decision to open the airgates after everyones left the station is annoying especially when the batching lanes were full. However they were relatively fast at checking restraints so a slight bonus.What.. didn't.. surprise me is the amount of rubbish. For a dead day, there was litter everywhere. Surely it won't hurt to have just one member of staff to go around the queuelines throughout the day, or make it ES responsibility during the opening hours.. just that slight difference would make a huge impression on the general tidyness of the park.Overall twas a rather enjoyable trip, thorpes definitely improved from the past few godawful years.

Right then, first trip of 2010 and it'll most probably be my last for a very, very long while.I've never been one to whore out parks, Thorpe Park has only gotten a visit from me once a year for the past decade -(apart from the craziness of 2006 & '09... twice!). I'm a huge theme park fan and I think living in England I'm never really going to fulfill my 'coaster needs'...Yesterday was quiet, ride queues reached 10mins max (30 for Stealth, not a good day for that ride...) there were no children what-so-ever and not even a sniff of white trash. As much as I do enjoy a packed park (atmosphere) I was relieved that it wasn't yesterday.First ride was Colossus, I remember 8 years ago queuing for this - shaking and going white at the face. It was my first big coaster and I loved it... yesterday I felt a bit of nostalgia whilst waiting but once on the ride I soon got bored.The ride is forceless, and this is coming from a guy that's been to what... 4 parks in his life? (3 of which in England) After the first drop I felt I made a mistake by coming to the park... even the bunny hop just felt *meh*...One thing I will say is that I can't complain about the roughness, it felt shaky but not rough at all. However, the last inline is pure sex.Still though, not worth going on ever again really.Samurai... we know the story there. I won't complain as I wasn't expecting much from it.Saw: The Ride, um... I want to be kind and say it was ****, but I really can't. It's a waste of money and considering this place is suppose to be thrill capital? The first drop is the only good thing about the ride... The second main drop is... um, well it felt like it didn't happen? There was no force, not even the sense of rush running through you... realized I was one the break run, did it really happen?The theming, I'll agree is great - the box felt eerie. The box. Elsewhere around the ride jus seems plain.Saw: Live action whatever maze thing, yeah was good. Not great, not scary, bored after the 4th room. But good.Vortex, WTF? No one... NO ONE... made a sound on the ride. It was the quietest ride I've EVER had on Vortex.... It's been around 6 years of dull swings on Vortex.Rush, *meh*Zodiac, filler ride. Hate it.Stealth, break down after break down, It didn't even open until about 3pm - but I'm guessing the rain affects the ride? (correct me if I'm wrong) Still a great ride, however. Love the launch even if I had to put up with a **** ending I'll ALWAYS think it's a great ride. Only managed it once :DN:I, awesome. Love it to bits. It doesn't exactly thrill me - in fact it's actually quite rubbish. But I just love the freedom you have on it - the station has a new theme tune? Why? :'(Detonator, I love it, love it, love it, love it. Wish it were somewhere else though - somewhere worthy of having a great ride, perhaps?Didn't bother with Slammer & X both are a waste of time.Thorpe Park is a complete waste of time and £37 for an off peak day? Who are they trying to kid? (me obviously) What has the park got that's worth thirty-****ing-seven pounds?! Thank god for buy one get one free vouchers. Even then it’s a rip off.The place looks great, and I think the only reason why I'd EVER visit the park again is just the atmosphere it holds (I'm sure many wont agree with me there) The staff are friendly, apart from Rush... but even I'll be pissed working on a dull ride. But nearly all had a smile or at least treated you like a human - thank you for those that worked yesterday :D Even with the dull weather y'all were awesome-o.I feel like crap saying negative things about a park I used to love. But I'm only 'dissing' the rides - Thorpe has no adventure or sense of anything when it comes to them. Like I said, I've only three other parks to compare this to and yet I find nearly all rides to be dull and forceless.Do hope I'm not making myself to look like a troll, if any one is from the old Discussion Insider group you'd know that I once loved the place. I'll keep my word and say that I won't be giving Thorpe my money from now on.3/10

I went to Thorpe Park yesterday and it was practically empty. Every single time that I've been to Thorpe I have wanted a quiet day like this as I love the rides and wanted to get on them more than once in a day. However, yesterday was a complete disaster.Before I explain why it wasn't a good day I just want to make it clear that it wasn't Thorpe's fault. The staff were excellent and the rides were in operation most of the time and there were hardly any ques. Sounds so perfect lol.I started the day by heading to Saw, which was doing test runs. I decided to kill time by going to one of my favs, Loggers Leap. I went on twice in a row as there was no que. Really good fun. Then I headed to Colossus and had a fantastic ride. I know lots of people hate it or find it rough but it's always a great ride for me. Then Saw opened so I decided to get a ride on that. It was fantastic as always but for some reason I felt a little sick afterwards. I decided to go on Loggers again just to give my stomach time to relax. Later, when I felt better I went on Saw again. I felt slightly dizzy again but it was still fun.I think the next ride I did was Rush. I havn't been on Rush in years so I was really looking forward to it. However, I didn't really enjoy it as much as I used to. I just didn't get anything out of it. There were no ques and it felt even shorter than normal. there was no force to it like I remember it having before. This is where the day took a horrible turn for the worse. I came off Rush feeling sick again. It was odd as I don't usually get like this on rides. I've been on them all before and always loved them.A couple of minutes later I felt fine so I decided to try Mr Monkey's Bannana Ride as everyone always told me it was awesome. As there was no ques, I had to ride it twice and I had never felt so ill on a ride in my life. Even if I hadn't felt ill, I still wouldn't like the ride tbh as I didn't get anything out of it. I guess it's aimed at the younger visitors. I think that next I went back to Loggers and even that made me feel sick lol so I stopped for lunch so that I would have time to relax. After lunch I decided to go on Rumba Rapids as it's a good ride to go on after you have eaten but even that made me feel sick. It was really confusing as it had never happened before.I went on Depth Charge later. It didn't make me feel sick but it was kinda boring lol. I used to get airtime on it when I was younger lol. Then I went to Detonator and had a FANTASTIC ride. I always love Detty. Then I decided to ride Nemesis Inferno which I usually enjoy, but this time it made me so ill that I was unbelievable. I didn't ride anything else for a while. Eventually I went back to Loggers and had a decent, non-dizzy ride. Then I brought a mack and had another good ride on Tidal Wave. I didn't even get very wet :Dnext up, X:No Way Out , which (as you can guess) made me feel terribly sick. I was going to head over tol Quantum as I love that ride but I didn't becuase I knew that it would make me sick, just like most other rides were. :D I decided to ride flying fish as that's a nice gentle ride. After five laps around the circuit, guess what? I felt sick. I was going to go home but it was only about 2:00 and I have never left early before.I went on Detonator two more times which was great and then I did something silly. I decided that I would go on Saw again as I felt much better. This time I actually sat in the front which I had never done before. I found it 10 times more thrilling in the front. It did feel slightly rough in the front but the main drop had so much more force. It was incredible. This was the last ride of the day as when it stopped I felt even sicker than I did on Nemesis Inferno. The train entered the break runs and broke down lol. We sat there for fifteen minutes which was kinda fun lol.I left the park at 3:30 as there was really no point in staying. I didn't get to ride Slammer or Vortex as they would obviously make me ill and I couldn't ride once of my favs (Quantum) for the same reason.I really have no idea what caused this as it had never happened before, but I want to thank Thorpe Park as their staff were absolutley brilliant. I Also watched Time Voyagers for the first time. Made me feel sick for some reason and it was just crap in general imo. Bring back Pirates!RIDECOUNTSaw The Ride X3Colossues X1Nemesis Inferno X1X: No Way Out X1Flying Fish X2Mr Monkey's Bannana Ride X2Logger's Leap X5Tidal Wave X1Depth Charge X1Rumba Rapids X1Rush X1Detonator X3Time Voyagers X1

^I laughed at that so much ^Some bits sad but true, and some bits are just crumbling Thorpe into dust.I have to ask though, do you genuinely think....*meh* about Rush?....

I do hope I wasn't making myself look as if I WANTED to crumble Thorpe into 'dust', it just so happens that I did.I genuinely thought *meh*. Genuinely positively think the ride is average at best, if I ever were to return to the park I'll ride it - it's re-rideable but just not thrilling.When I first rode it I thought highly of it, but only EVER felt that once.Garry voices the same opinion perfectly too;'

I havn't been on Rush in years so I was really looking forward to it. However, I didn't really enjoy it as much as I used to. I just didn't get anything out of it. There were no ques and it felt even shorter than normal. there was no force to it like I remember it having before.

---------

....and that you 'got bored' once you got on Colossus???

Really did think that about Colossus, going up the lift hill I just wasn't excited anymore - I just came over all... bored. After the first drop I really couldn't care less for the ride. Really it should be drop and then the final inline - that's a great ride in itself.I used to hate it when I heard/read people moan about ''Colossus'' - thought all where childish, and to be honest most still are about it. They complain about the 'roughness' - when it isn't that at all. It's just not thrilling.I'll be sad to see this go, whenever down the line, but the problem is... when is 'whenever down the line'? It isn't coming soon enough for me.At the end of the day I'm being sold this 'The UK's THRILL CAPITAL' bull**** - and I came back with nothing. I was let down and really am dissapointed that marketing has to lie to the general public. Edited by coaster_monkey

:D

I was let down and really am dissapointed that marketing has to lie to the general public.

Obviously it's all your opinion so no one can question that, but I have to say I've never read such a negative trip report as yours above. The marketing hasn't lied to the public, technically it does have a large amount of thrill rides, and it just boils down to the fact that you didn't find them thrilling.

Had a nice day today, just a few things that made the day a good start to the '10 season. It's a nice to see a generally clean, tidier looking park. The sign repaints have done justice to cleaning up the park's general image, and everything looks a lot more pleasant and how it should. On the whole the sound system was working well, with the exception of many dodgy volume changes around Lost City throughout the day. Amity Cove was as bright and beautiful as ever. Ride availability was great, with a full ride line-up at most points during the day. The only breakdowns I experienced were Stealth and Detonator, both of which were very minor breakdowns. The park was buzzing, and it's great to see that the 'no-smoking' in queuelines seems to be more carefully watched this season, as especially in the Stealth and Nemesis queues, many people were caught out before they even lit their cigerette. It's so much nicer to have a completely clean, non-smoking queue line. It was nice to see the very small details, such as the Colossus station exterior being cleaned of all scratchings and etchings over the closed season. Small details like that really make the difference for me. I absolutely despised the use of chart music at the entrance today, it really took a lot of atmosphere away for me. On the other hand, it does appeal more to the target market, and it did generally seem to work in the entrance, as much as I hated it. The shark in KFC Amity was great, just a small touch but I loved it. Again, mist on Inferno was a very nice touch to the ride. Generally, a great day. It's nice to see the park opening it's gates to a new season on such a high, and I hope the rest of the season continues in the same way.

Generally a very good day today, although it was busier than I expected it to be for this time of year. Not packed, just about right imo - longest queue I saw all day was 90 mins for Saw, but was around an hour for most of the day. Great atmosphere all day, and the chav count was fairly low which is always a bonus.The mist inside Inferno's tunnel really does make all the difference! and they have now replaced the 2007 station music that has been playing this year with the normal queue theme, as it was last year. The bird sound effects are still twittering away at the entrance though which is far better.My only complaints would be about Stealth, which was on and off all day. Other than that I didn't experience a problem with reliability all day!Overall I came home a very happy customer :mellow:

I went Fri-Sun with some friends from a PBB form. We had a great weekend, the park was busy but we still managed to get a good ride count. I'm not sure how you guys like TR's to be posted, I wont post loads of pics incase they aren't allowed (please remove the ones I do post if they aren't meant to be here!)We stayed in the T5 travel lodge, so it was only a short drive away from the park. Friday was quite, which meant a good ride count, Sat looked busy from outside, but wasn't as bad as we expected once inside, and Sunday was somwhere inbetween.Ride count/comments: Saw Alive: For a free maze-type attraction, it wasn’t bad. Certainly not up to the standards of other mazes but being a free attraction it was never going to be. Saw x5: Well themed queue, however I do think sounds/quotes from he films would be better than just random calls for officers to attend the warehouse. The indoor section is very well themed, especially if you’re the second car to be dispatched as you get a more in-depth pre-ride show from Jigsaw. The ride outside, whilst short is entertaining and has some nice pops of airtime. Stealth x10+: The best ride on the park for me, the launch is amazing, as is the top hat and the drop. The reliability leaves a lot to be desired, and it something I hope improves. Colossus x4: The trains on this ride could be described as a joke if there was anything funny about them. They are just awful, uncomfortable and almost impossible to get in or out of without inflicting self harm. The ride itself has some good sections, the airtime hill after the loop and the double corkscrew, but the final inversions do nothing for me. Nemesis Inferno x8: Fantastic themed queue line and station, indeed the entire ride (except the evacuation platform look alike that makes up the rides exit route. It affords views of a service road, a maintance shed, and a SBNO ride) the ride seemed to get better as the weekend went on. Tidal Wave x4: Fantastic shoot-the-chutes ride does exactly what it says on the tin and does it very well. The area is very well themed, including the soundtracks, and the near by shops/eateries. Rush x2: Good ride, short cycle. Samurai: Best flat ride on the park, I wish PBB would ditch Bling and get one of these! Vortex: Fairly average ride. Slammer: Never in all my days have I encountered such a horrific piece of fairground machinery. The restraints are nasty, the ride is evil, and it should be avoided at all costs. Detonator x5: Good, but too short. The airtime is good, just wish it was twice the size. X:\ No way out x3: Many slate this ride for one reason or another, personally I enjoy it. It’s a novel idea to theme a ride as if its lost control and to hear the radio communication trying to make contact with it is good. Loggers Leap: x7 Thorpe’s answer to the PBB Log Flume, and a damn good answer at that. The double drop adds something else to the ride! Reminded me what fun I've been missing since PBB rather foolishly closed the Log Flume.Rumba Rapids x2: Good fun, nothing special. Worth a go with no wait. Flying Fish: Powered coaster for the kids, worth a spin anyway. Quantum x2: Looks tame, but is actually a good, fun ride. More forceful than I thought! Depth Charge x2: A fun water ride for all ages, doesn’t get you overly wet but worth a go with a small waiting timeAs I said above, if pics are not meant to be here, please remove these and accept my apologies.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThanks for reading.Ash

Heyyy there!Went to Thorpe Park for the first time today (31st March) and had a fantastic time! I was slightly worried about the weather and queue lengths at first but they didn't seem to be a problem!We went on all of the rides that we wanted which was great- some of which literally had no queues throughout the day e.g. Tidal Wave! Other queues ranged from 5 minutes e.g. for Zodiac, to 55 minutes e.g. for Saw Alive. The longest queues I experienced were 45 minutes for both Saw attractions.Positives:* Queues at the beginning of the day: after arriving at 9.45am and the gates opening at 10.00am we experienced all 4 coasters available (Colossus, X, Saw and Nemesis Inferno) before 11.00am- which I was relatively surprised about!* The weather: the rain held off for most of the day so it was only a bit cold which was better than expected!* Ride count- for us anyway! (see below)Negatives:* The actors in Saw Alive: my friends reported it was scary standing at the front/back of the line when walking around, but personally I could predict the actions of the actors. Also, many actors came out of character e.g. by pointing towards the exit of each room when they should be dying!!* Vortex: this isn't really a general negative, just one for me- simply, I just felt sick throughout it! Luckily we had a break for lunch afterwards but it made me feel slightly queezy for the rest of the day!* Stealth: it was CLOSED!! :'( Ahhh well- I enjoyed my day anyhow!Ride Count:X: No Way Out (0 minute queue...10 minute queue later on) x2Nemesis Inferno (0 minute queue) x1Colossus (5 minute queue...25 minute queue later on) x2Saw: The Ride (45 minute queue) x1Saw: Alive (45 minute queue) x1Vortex (15 minute queue) x1Loggers Leap (0 minute queue) x1Tidal Wave (0 minute queue) x1Rumba Rapids (0 minute queue) x1There we are: a great day...although many of you may think 'what about Rush, Slammer, Samurai etc?'...I just didn't fancy them after Vortex and lunch!!Coddy92 :D

Today was Thorpe park back to its absoutle worst. Dismal. Packed full of dirty Chavs who were continually smoking and queue jumping throughout the day. Ride avaliabilty was poor, no Stealth with a number of breakdowns from Saw, Inferno and Detonater.

Define a chav for me please. Explain the continuous queue jumping experiences, because during my many trips to Thorpe Park as of late, I have not seen one single queue jumper.Stealth was there, just a bit broken that's all, which as you know is having some major problems at the moment.Inferno is usually VERY reliable, along with Detonator, a tad unlucky there I think.Saw: The Ride, always has breakdowns, no surprise there.

I'm lead to believe following Stealth's recent downtime Intamin have been called in to have a look at it, so its hardly suprising it was down.I would expect an enthusiast to prefer that rather than it to be allowed to break down every 10-15mins (as it was at the weekend) At least TP are doing all they can to sort it for the busy easter period. A few days closed in the meantime is no big deal.I dont see how someone smoking in a Q line can be the parks fault either.Ash

Went today with 3 other people. Had a mixed day though:Pros:Nice sunny daySTEALTH OPENED!!!Front row for Stealth (in the rain!!!) and Nemesis InfernoCons:Very busy almost all dayHad to wait a long time for Stealth to openMassive hail storm just before I went on Stealth.Zodiac made me ill.Ride Count:Nemesis Inferno x1 frontStealth x1 frontSaw: the ride x1 fastrackSaw: alive x1Loggers Leap x1Rumba Rapids x1Zodiac x1Quantum x1Samurai x1Slammer x1Storm in a Teacup x2 heheX:\ No way out x1

Went today and really enjoyed it (as I always do :P )I let my brother choose our day plan today, as I always choose what to do and he never gets a say in anything (lol)So, here it is....(or was, in respects of a report :P )We left our house at 9 o'clock because my mum got up late :P , and arrived at 9.45 due to traffic. I am still angry that the entrance theme music has been replaced by chart hits, it really does take away the atmosphere even though it suits the parks' current customers (I.e. teenagers and young(er) people) but is an okay change.We headed to Saw first, as my brother wanted to stick to his plan (stupidly), so we ended up waiting 30 minutes for it, which was okay, but getting off the ride to find Colossus with a 30 minute queue instead of five......humbug. (I'm used to getting there early and Colossus usually has a 5min q after we get off Saw)So, dans plan of getting 2 rides in on Colossus did not work in respects of queuing, which was fine by me because the ride was really bumpy today and it was so squeaky going through the cobra roll and corkscrews. Apres, nous sommes alles a Nemesis Inferno, et c'etais super! (Yes, you read that in french) and as you can tell from the translation, it definately was super! I'm beginning to think that nemesis is my favourite ride there now, as I was willing to wait 60 mins + for it later on in the day, and I will get onto that.I cant remember much of the day apart from we went on lots of flats and went on X for the first time in a very long time (the last time I went on it was last years' Sun Scream)Ride Reliability...was TERRIBLE today.I thought id do a whole section on this as the plans were altered several times today due to reliability.StealthOf course, Stealth wasnt open all day today. Understandable. But being down for several days now, I'm wandering what intamin are actually doing the Stealth side of Amity.It had a few test runs, and several times it was unbelievably slow reaching the top hat, but made it over with and without the test dummies.ColossusThis was shut for about 1 hour in the afternoon, so many of the riders hoping to ride Colossus ended up in the queues for Nemesis and Saw:Alive (which both reached about 50 mins in that hour)Nemesis InfernoThis wasnt really reliability, but someone was sick on one of the trains when we were in the queueline, resulting in a 70 minute queue for the people at the back of the queue, such as myself and my brother.Every other ride(or at least in Lost City)...shut at about 4.45ish because of a freak hailstorm, literally when I was boarding Slammer. It was so funny because Slammer was having a technical failure anyway, and we heard:"Can I please have your attention......Slammer has ceased operation due to a technical failure (que hailstones) ..........and now weather conditions"It was funny because it was like God had just pressed a button to change the weather instantly, it was that fast.We left the ride, of course, then we were walking over the Colossus 'bridge' and we were hearing ride announcements from Samurai, Colossus, Saw and then finally Rush. We went to the dome, and it was PACKED. Seriously, it was like Hitler had entered the building or something and everyone has turned up to watch. So we left. We were supposed to leave at 5 anyway so we thought it wouldnt be worth waiting for one of the deserted rides.As we left, I think I saw Saw and Vortex testing, and Colossus as well.RC:Saw x1Colossus x1 Nemesis I. x2Detonator x1 (this closed the second time we queued for it)X:NWO x1Loggers Leap x1Slammer x1Zodiac x1Rush x1Flying Fish x2 (1 re-ride)Thanks for reading Chris

Define a chav for me please. Explain the continuous queue jumping experiences, because during my many trips to Thorpe Park as of late, I have not seen one single queue jumper.Stealth was there, just a bit broken that's all, which as you know is having some major problems at the moment.Inferno is usually VERY reliable, along with Detonator, a tad unlucky there I think.Saw: The Ride, always has breakdowns, no surprise there.

Firstly you probably know exactly what he means by chav. And yes you might not have seen many this year, but this was a different day, and if you weren't there then you can't comment.All your points might be fair or even true, but what point are you even trying to make? That because 'Saw: The Ride always has breakdowns' that now it's fine for it to keep having breakdowns? :P

Ryan, you must have extremely low expectations from a theme park!Usally when I pay to get in to a theme park, wherever it might be, I usally expect to ride their signiture rides (ie Stealth & Saw). when I go to ANY other park anywhere else in the world I arrive thinking 'I can't wait to ride *insert ride name here*', but when I go to Thorpe I find myself thinking 'I hope Stealth is open today', or 'I hope Inferno's mist is on today'.There really is no excuse for Thorpe's relyability to be so gobsmackingly poor, how can you possibly defend Thorpe by saying "Stealth was there, just a bit broken that's all" - If it's there but broken, it might as well not be there at all! It just becomes a big pile of useless metal that reminds everyone that they have parted with their money to look at a selection of rides that aren't avalible! All the while being pushed in front of by a pack of smoking, queue- jumping chavs!And are you saying that it is ok for Saw to have relentless breakdowns, day in day out?This as a shame. The season started off so well, let's hope it doesn't go down hill.Maybe I'm being a bit unfair - I think I'm still bitter from last year's embarrassing fiasco.