Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I'm glad you brought up Rumba Mike.I was very surprised at how much water was actually getting into the boat on Sunday. It was good, and made the ride alot more enjoyable.

Having a full boat made all of us drenched!Then again, 5 re-rides as well as other water rides = a wet arse :angry:And Mikey - Stop with the Granny! If you like them that much, go ****one :lol::rolleyes:

Right well erm, time for one of my all powerful trip reports from Thorpe's open day.Well to start, obviously, 100% better then last years disaster with all rides running and open for the majority of the day. They prooved me very wrong about Thrill Chill, clearly it was getting in the way of regular maintenance so a big thumbs up from me for that. Secondly, a lot of the park looks very rejuvinated with painting going on everywhere, a lot of maintenance on all the toilets on park and particularly Inferno, a lot of the effects are back to how they should be.As has been mentioned Rumba was the surprise hit of the day, really makes a difference when it makes you so wet. Samurai and Quantum also gave very good rides, which is surprising as those two are normally the most underwhelming.Now for the negatives..Well, first Saw Alive. I'll post more about it in its relevant topic but for something I wasn't looking forward to, it didn't even meet the lowest expectations. it was just rubbish really. Secondly, reliability wasn't to hot. Thorpe have this so badly so I won't drum on about it to much. Finally... Colossus is a bloody nightmare. Yes it was one train but it takes so long for that one train to do anything as the attendents constantly battle with a ride thats so stupidly designed. I am so glad we didn't even go near it till the station was near empty, otherwise I may have lost my mind.Ride CountInferno X3Colossus X2Rumba X2Saw: The Ride X1Stealth X2Vortex X1Rush X1Quantum X1Flying Fish X1Detonator X3Samurai X1Saw: Alive X1XNWO X1Bear Hunt X1Ride breakdowns:- Saw several times, Stealth, Detonator frequantly, Colossus, Rush and XNWOOverall a good day.

Had a good day today, tired though and a little tipsy :angry:Good ride count, Samurai was fun, Quantum was wobbly, Rumba was AWESOME. All sitting in Sunken Gardens drinking Relentless was quite random!Nice photo of me with a weird looking mouth too...Oh, and CCR has nice new theming?!Posted Image:rolleyes:Bring on Sunday!

Visited yesturday.Thorpe really surprised me. Usually when I visit thorpe at the start of the season I find it the same as it always is but was happy to find that the park have taken action and put some effort into making the park look great.Whilst I'm still not liking the giant heads I like the rest of the branding, it's colourful and exciting and suits the park well. It's been really consistently applied too-even on the claw games!I love how the new shark in Amity can be seen inside the building too! Wasn't expecting that!Rumba Rapids was indeed amazing. Never got so wet on it before!I am so impressed with the state of Nemesis Inferno. The mist is on an incredible amount-can't remember the last time I came out of the tunnel wet and you can't really see in there either! The ride itself is the best ride at thorpe this year, it's got so much better over the years.My feelings about Saw Alive have been posted in the Saw Alive topic. I didn't really go for it that much.Saw the ride itself has become very rough. Colossus felt smoother to me in all honesty. Shame as I really like the ride itself.Why has Neptune's kingdom been replaced with erm..nothing other than an area of turf? I can understand removing it if it was actually going to be used for something but why was this done?

I went today, it rained on and off the whole day, and was quite busy.Got on Stealth, Colossus, SAW (before it died), Banana, Quantum, Zodiac, Vortex and Flying fish, most with rerides.Detonator was closed for most of the day, whilst SAW died sometime around 2pm.I can't say I had a great time like I usually do, I don't know why though.

Went to the park today. Longest queue I had was to get my AP (well, the ticket for it...) at about 35 minutes, which resulted in me getting into the park half hour late...Didn't do SAW, Alive or Colossus due to my friends and I not wanting the queue in the rain for over an hour. Did pretty much everything else.Park was rather quiet for opening weekend, probably due to the rain. Anyways, Ride Count for the day:Mr Monkey's Banana Ride x1 (FIRST RIDE OF THE SEASON :rolleyes:)Inferno x1 (Front seat)Rumba Rapids x3Teacups x1Stealth x1Detonator x1Loggers Leap x3Rocky Express x1CCR x1Samurai x1Flying Fish x1 (Front row)X:\ No Way Out x1 (Front Row)Rush x1Vortex x1

I also went today, overall I had a good day, I thought it wasnt too busy for the opening weekend.There were not really any bad points except for the weather.My ride count for the day:SAW - The Ride: 7SAW Alive: 1Stealth: 3Colossus: 1Nemesis Inferno: 3X: 1Rush: 2Quantum, Loggers Leap, Storm in a teacup, Banana Boat, Slammer, Vortex, Depth Charge, Samurai: 1

This sounds great, should I be hopeful for next weekend? :rolleyes:

It's very hard to judge but I would go expecting quite long queues (some private schools will be on holiday already and people may have held off their trips this weekend due to weather) so that if is quiet, you get a nice surprise!

I also went today, overall I had a good day, I thought it wasnt too busy for the opening weekend.There were not really any bad points except for the weather.My ride count for the day:SAW - The Ride: 7SAW Alive: 1Stealth: 3Colossus: 1Nemesis Inferno: 3X: 1Rush: 2Quantum, Loggers Leap, Storm in a teacup, Banana Boat, Slammer, Vortex, Depth Charge, Samurai: 1

Did you notice if Saw - The Ride was rougher than last season? I got 2 pretty nasty rides last weekend.

Hi everyone!Just came back from one of the best days of this year (so far)!Today was really enjoyable and I loved every bit of it......apart from wasting roughly an hour queuing for Stealth and then it breaking for a further 3 hours.........but I will get onto that!!!Arrival time :9.00Gates opened: 9.20Chris almost loses annual pass in a failed attempt of running to Colossus: 9.25As you can tell, the first 10 minutes was an absolute failure in respects of being the first group of people in Canada Creek.So much, in fact, that we had to resort to cancelling our first ride of the year (to be on Saw) and re-scheduling it to be Colossus front row.In the light of getting the Colossus front row first ride of the year, however...it was a great success!We got front row on first train of the day despite having to run back half of the bridge to pick up my dropped annual pass, and it was amazing. The theme music is as loud and proud as ever, and the drop before the loop seemed better for some reason :rolleyes: We then shifted our asses to Nemesis, where we got a re-ride all in the space of time my friends dad was waiting to get a coffee :lol: Not sure about the new station music though.......Next up was Stealth, which we waited about 5 minutes for. One word: AMAZING. It is still by far my favourite ride in the park. :lol: Its reliability today was rubbish, though. We queued 4 times but only got on it twice, as we left the queueline twice. Today I was really looking forward to experiencing it after it was shut on my last two visits, and it just had to shut for 3 hours. >Rant over< By now it was around 10:05 and the Saw queue was 35 minutes. So, we went on it despite every other ride in lost city apart from Colossus was under 10 minutes.However, we got off in just under 20 minutes due to quick dispatching and the queues for the flats were still the same.Samurai next, and I had the pleasure of not only having to take my entire groups bags to the storage, but also explaining to a couple that they were in the wrong seats, not row two where they were supposed to be. Happy days.but it was still a good ride all the same and its in my top 5.Fast-forward through the day (and 6 rides later) and I got to face, well, a group of actors (and not my fears) in Saw:alive.I had to do this twice due to my brother chikening out the first time, but I thought it was much better the second time because I saw things I missed the first time. (you generally do that)We then did a mix of Nemesis, Colossus and Saw at the end but I forgot which order.Great day!!!!!!!!!!RC:Saw x4Stealth x2Colossus x4Nemesis x5SAW: ALIVE x2Vortex & Samurai x1Rush x2If you have any queries on queue times, staff, reliability,etc feel free to ask!Thanks for reading!Chris B)

Ok, chessington may have better gate figures ATM, but I cant see them keeping it up. I mean today was a school day...wonder what chessington would have got (gate figures) on a school day this early in the season.TBH if thorpe keep a low guest number there may be to plus sides to it...Shorter Q'sBig ride in future to attract more peeps.

No I'm comparing there first weekend open :)

Park which has got its first new ride in over 6 years beats thorpe park on one day shocker :)But in all seriousness, today was a school day, chessington havent even opened officially yet, will this be the case half way into season.. Id be very surprised.!

I must say from what I've read, trip reports seem to be really positive from all the ex Tussaud's parks so far. Glad to hear people are enjoying their experience there. I know it's early days but I didn't really have many negative things to say at all about my two trips to Thorpe.Attendance figures can be unpredictable, but Chessington will just keep on increasing their gate figures with continued investment, and the park will reap the rewards. I personally don't understand all this "CWoA are owning Thorpe" business, especially after just one day of operation.

Dead... as always with this new marketing :) as I said earlier chessington are owning em

I have a general question. Why is everyone turning every single aspect of the parks into a mass Chessington vs. Thorpe gang fight? Chessington and Thorpe aren't even that comparable since they're both tending to completely different target markets, and each one is a success in their own different way.

Went to Thorpe today... and as confirmed already, lovely and empty! Perfect if you're with peeps who don't want to do everything, as they only have a 5 min wait for you to get on a ride and get off!Longest queue we were in all day was 20 mins for SAW... the boards said 30 but it was more like 20! Highest queue times we saw was 30 mins for SAW, 20 mins for SAW Alive, 30 for Nemesis Inferno. Everything else was 0 or 5 mins! Other than Samurai, which, thanks to it's new found popularity being near SAW Island, had a 15 minute queue.Ride counts:SAW The Ride x1SAW: Alive x2Rush x1Detonator x2 (I still love Detty!! It's classic! On our second go, we were left waiting at the top... we thought it was going to drop but it took aaaaages!!)Slammer x1Nemesis Inferno x1 (at the front... epic! Full mist in that tunnel too, and the lights working - good stuff Thorpe!)Stealth x1 (at the front - also epic! I still love Stealth, still my favourite, despite what I'm getting onto next....)Colossus x1Admitedally, the ride counts were a little lower than usual as I was being social today!! I sat out of a ride on SAW because I'd just "felt the force of the mighty Slammer" :) Also no water rides as it was raining in the afternoon!My only slight niggle of the day was that spiteful mistress Stealth, haha. We joined the 5 minute queue at 11am and it ceased operation... managed to get a ride front row later... then came back at 3 and she wasn't in operation again! The ride attendant suggested it might be down for the rest of the afternoon - anyone know what's up with it? I love the ride, but her reliability has been questionable so far!! Didn't see any other breakdowns at all during the day... Rush was on two swings (woot!), Colossus on 2 trains, Stealth on 1 train, Nemmy on 1 train. My mates managed to dodge a load of falling vomit on Colossus when they were walking under the arch near the final stretch into the station before the final barrell roll... yuck!! Haha.SAW Alive I was on the whole, impressed with. Themeing inside is very good, but I think - to be brutally honest - Asylum and Hellgate pack more of a punch than SAW Alive... there was some great scares with people jumping up from the floor, grabbing your legs... and the two chaps who make you watch the "welcome" video at the start were fab both times. Their voices must be shot to pieces!! I felt compelled to do what they said, haha. Second "ride" on SAW Alive wasn't as good as the first, there were a number of instances where there were no actors at all. Similarly, the scene that *did* have the electrified fence is rather weak to say the least, as there was no one in there at all. The final room was v. good on both occassions, so thumbs up there. I know it's still early days, and work in progress... but I think I was expecting to be more grossed out than I was! Credit where credit's due though, it did whiff in there! Summary for today was more actors required, specifically in the electric fence part... all in all though, a pretty good job and I'm sure it'll get better. Pig mask person - thumbs up to them too!!To conclude - the park is looking very presentable, everything's been degummed, the signs - EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ALL IN CAPITALS - look good - in a way! - and it was good to see the new Colossus sign, Nemesis Inferno's volcano working, Stealth smoke working - and CCR choo chooing!! Another niggle whilst I think of it - the new Nemesis Inferno music is rather awful, as is the new Colossus theme - bring back the "Power of 10" whispering music please! Stealth launch was a mix of "5! 4! 3! 2! 1! GO GO GO!" and "Beware, the car is about to move" or something similar, which amused me!