Drayton Manor

rollerross11

Wasn't an Air Race planned for the Black Revolver site? Either way, they blew their budget on that monorail thing for Thomasland, and I'm not sure what the situation is with this proposed second hotel.

A SECOND hotel?

They really don't need that... Be like if Chessie built another one...

I need more Air Races in my life though because they're FAB <3

A waltzer in the dark is an amazing thing. They used to be relatively common with this one at Drayton, one at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and at least two of the Butlins sites having them (called 'night rider')

It is a shame these old funfair style rides keep disappearing, just because they have been around a long time doesn't make them any less fun to ride. Same goes for breakdance, tri-stars, dodgems and many others. Yet the ever dull Enterprises resist the cull even though travelling fairs gave up on them years ago.

Wasn't an Air Race planned for the Black Revolver site? Either way, they blew their budget on that monorail thing for Thomasland, and I'm not sure what the situation is with this proposed second hotel.

Ok, An Air Race was planned for the Black Revolver site for 2012, but they eventually found Vertigo at Tivoli garden and thought it would bring more people in. There does look like construction is happening there on google earth. The second hotel is three stars and Mexican themed, I doubt it will cost a lot, and I agree that the monorail, complete waist of money. Its meant to be extended in the future to go inside pirate adventure since pirate adventure is being dismantled for two new thomasland rides

What is that in comparison to?

The ride itself (which hasn't been maintained well for many years) or compared to any other dark ride in the world?

It's not in comparison to anything - I just mean that the theming in the ride looked like it was in good condition when I rode it.

Maybe not the best condition, but certainly better than a lot of Merlin owned dark rides (Bubbleworks springs to mind).

Apart from the cave with the warehouse ceiling I thought that Pirate Adventure was pretty good to be fair.

there's many things I would like to see improved, or see new at drayton manor, and I doubt the ideas I have would work as they really are just catering for their family market, and the younger one at that... but I'd really love to see the buffalo coaster updated with a new family coaster (most likely powered) over the similar loaction, maybe using more of the spare area the park has by the buffalo coaster, this areawould also be great occupied by an intamin zac spin, as it has a small footprint and is relatively cheap, and I feel it would bring in a lot more guests, as they're losing people due to nothing new in the thrill department (although admittedly I really did enjoy the ben 10 coaster), and I feel this would really be a gamechanger for them - that area of land is also possibly large enough to hold a flat ride of some kind as well, whether it be family, thrilling or a mixture of both which would seem the most appropriate.

I'm not sure how much they have for investments, but I know they're taking the younger family route, but they need to make the most of Alton Tower's quiet investment years, and bring back people who are after thrilling rides, as their existing ones are great, but just nothing new for year after year!

there's many things I would like to see improved, or see new at drayton manor, and I doubt the ideas I have would work as they really are just catering for their family market, and the younger one at that... but I'd really love to see the buffalo coaster updated with a new family coaster (most likely powered) over the similar loaction, maybe using more of the spare area the park has by the buffalo coaster, this areawould also be great occupied by an intamin zac spin, as it has a small footprint and is relatively cheap, and I feel it would bring in a lot more guests, as they're losing people due to nothing new in the thrill department (although admittedly I really did enjoy the ben 10 coaster), and I feel this would really be a gamechanger for them - that area of land is also possibly large enough to hold a flat ride of some kind as well, whether it be family, thrilling or a mixture of both which would seem the most appropriate.

I'm not sure how much they have for investments, but I know they're taking the younger family route, but they need to make the most of Alton Tower's quiet investment years, and bring back people who are after thrilling rides, as their existing ones are great, but just nothing new for year after year!

I know I really want a new thrill ride but that sounds great. Remake the buffalo coaster into a smoother, bit more thrilling and longer ride, something like firechaser express

Is a lack of building thrill rides over family rides/Thomas Land REALLY making them lose attendance?

If it was, I doubt they would've expanded the ride selection in that one area again and again, whilst adding Ben 10...

Still waiting on Haunting's retheme to Scooby Doo, let alone Dexter's Lab Apocalypse...

• 4 weeks later...

Now, this is most likely not going to happen but my friend told me yesterday that Drayton Manor will extend Apocalypse to a bigger height and that a mini Poler Coaster will circle most of the tower call Doomsday, with a orange track and has no inversions but a lot of G-Force. I know for a fact that this isn't true, I am asking If anyone might know where this information might have come from because I need to know or my friend is just making this up. Help me find a website and if you can't then my friend made it up, I am not saying it will happen, its a good idea though.

Now, this is most likely not going to happen but my friend told me yesterday that Drayton Manor will extend Apocalypse to a bigger height and that a mini Poler Coaster will circle most of the tower call Doomsday, with a orange track and has no inversions but a lot of G-Force. I know for a fact that this isn't true, I am asking If anyone might know where this information might have come from because I need to know or my friend is just making this up. Help me find a website and if you can't then my friend made it up, I am not saying it will happen, its a good idea though.

I think your friend took that info straight from his buttocks, there, total bull.

• 2 weeks later...