Drayton Manor

rollerross11

In a good way or a bad way? I've never actually ridden one before so I'm curious on what it's like.

It's fun but god it feels weird being pulled sideways to go upside down, also there's points where they stop you at the top and make you go the other direction, made my tummy feel funny :P

Merlin don't do that because they don't do ceremonies... They just open the park and let people in... Whether a ceremony would work in modern day England in the same way they do it in the US remains to be seen...

Also Haunted House was opened by Philip Schofield... So Nemesis wasn't the only one...

You me at six played for the swarm?

They only created a single and appeared at the media night. There was no opening ceremony where YMAS preformed live at the park.

But yeah, Merlin seem to like going for media / VIP events and get a small gathering of celebs. Then they can say 'Look at these people who came and loved it!' (or, like with Jonathon Ross and Swarm, mention it before the ride opens to build up hype). Angry Birds Land had a very minimal opening ceremony by the looks of it, with Mike Vallis (the park's divisional director) cutting a ribbon to the cinema. Would be nice to see Merlin try and do something slightly bigger and see how the public react.

Word is that Air Race is open but not officially.

Soft opening FTW!

So hang on!!!

First I find out they can't accept season pass which is ridiculous since

They can't just suddenly change when we use them since I don't think a lot of

People will even be going on it but now this?!?!

I'm not even going to try! I'm hones..... Wait , are these just mistaken for test riders?

So hang on!!!

First I find out they can't accept season pass which is ridiculous since

They can't just suddenly change when we use them since I don't think a lot of

People will even be going on it but now this?!?!

I'm not even going to try! I'm hones..... Wait , are these just mistaken for test riders?

Wait what? Are they not letting season pass holders in?

And I heard this from a Facebook page so don't take it as 100% fact.

Just seen - £15! That's very steep. In my opinion an season pass should be a season pass, and there should be no restriction dates at all as it's not on.
Also, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by not offering tickets on the day. Is a flat ride that's already been open for soft openings really going to make tickets sell out?

Just seen - £15! That's very steep. In my opinion an season pass should be a season pass, and there should be no restriction dates at all as it's not on.

Also, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by not offering tickets on the day. Is a flat ride that's already been open for soft openings really going to make tickets sell out?

Whilst I agree with you that they are likely shooting themselves in the foot by not selling any (possible) tickets left on the day, I feel that the main attraction for visitors (oops I mean fangirls) on the day will just be the Vamps, leading to the park's expectation that they may 'sell out...'