Drayton Manor

rollerross11

That area looks slightly over the top huge for an Air Race, they're not THAT large footprint wise... Or at least they don't seem as such... Especially as this is a 6 car one correct?

Unless another section of the queueline runs inside the perimeter of the concrete base?

It was hectic on Saturday - the busiest I'd ever seen Drayton Manor. It took us nearly two hours to get in (and we were early), with all rides having a queue time of more than an hour. This was the first time I'd actually seen Shockwave's outside cattlepen packed, with the queue still trailing towards the entrance of SF10.

Anyway, I didn't get on much, but it was a great day, and the vibe was there.

This needs posting tbh

10253817_694143540649792_436111050636282

not sure how long it's been on there, but drayton manor have now added air race to their rides list...

Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for take-off as a brand new thrill ride begins its descent into Drayton Manor Theme Park for 2014.

Air Race will take riders on a stomach churning aerial adventure, turning their world upside down at a height of up to eight metres. Accommodating up to 24 riders at one time in six, four seater aeroplanes, 'pilots' will experience accelerations of almost 4G as they board the acrobatic aeroplane flight.

Riders will take their seat preparing for take-off, gliding from side to side at increasing heights whilst circling around the control tower. Before long, a series of gravity defying barrel rolls in both directions will have you soaring and diving throughout the air. With banks, loops, dives and weightlessness to test even the most experienced thrill seekers, it promises to be the flight of your life.

confirms 24 riders, which is the 6 arm version... still such a low throughput for a busy (albeit little) park!

I think it's a bit misleading adding it on to the ride section for someone who doesn't know anything about it, and from it saying new for 2014, thinking it's open!

I was so annoyed that they closed G-Force on the thursday for maintenance. I can understand why they did it but they gave no warning of it, and G-Force was half the reason I was going. So annoyed.

Anyway, I went on Shockwave twice, and its my new favorite over the track rollercoaster. The fact my balls died on the brakes and I nearly fell out on the zero-g roll made me enjoy it. Intense.

Nothing new on the new ride, to be honest. A couple of fat men in hard hats said I shouldn't lean over the fence to take pictures and shooed me off.

Ben 10's queue was too long for the worth, however it was still fairly enjoyable.

They let me film on troublesome trucks and the rapids, so I did. I got some good videos to be fair.

Stormforce ended the day for us. It was only 3 when we left.

We sat back row.

Never.

Ever.

Ever.

Again.

I'm fairly sure I got more wet then I do on tidal wave.

I did enjoy it, and it was fairly quiet for the holidays. Anywho, I plan on visitng again in july, when I've finished my GCSE's and can go on a normal school'work day on my own.

Cool coolz.

(I will probably upload a video of shockwave soon).

• 2 weeks later...

Off to Drayton Manor on Saturday, and been looking at the Drayton Manor site the last few days to see Maelstrom is closed... anyone have any idea why! I absolutely love this ride, would be gutted if it was closed! :(

So first it's g-force then maelstrom? Ok it's probably just a coincidence since G-force and maelstrom are quite close together.

WARNING: Triple post haha...

Just returned from a great, and really sunny day at Drayton manor, and even with it being bank holiday weekend was still relatively quiet, although probably the busiest I've seen it. Crazy that ride close was only 5pm!

So happy to see Drunken Barrels working properly, tilting on an angle which it hasn't done for the last 2 years at least. Pirate adventure was running on a stupidly reduced capacity, with a boat coming like every few minutes; storm force and splash canyon also seemed to be running on less boats as well with quite large gaps at times waiting for the next one. Apocalypse stand up no floor wasn't working so may have something to do with the closure of the ride this coming Thursday when they probably fix it.

As for air race it doesn't appear much more has been done since the latest photo on here, there were a few people walking around the area throughout the day; there also appears to be some building work going on next to air race, not sure if its for a shop or what, as there are already toilets next door. The queue line and control tower are good ideas, and can't wait to see the ride open which is apparently July according to a 2 for 1 leaflet we were given on the way out the park, although the vouchers end 30th June which is a bit silly!

WARNING: Triple post haha...

Just returned from a great, and really sunny day at Drayton manor, and even with it being bank holiday weekend was still relatively quiet, although probably the busiest I've seen it. Crazy that ride close was only 5pm!

Pirate adventure was running on a stupidly reduced capacity, with a boat coming like every few minutes

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed my first visit to Drayton Manor back in November last year.

Pirate Adventure was like that when I was there. I believe that they only have four boats left that are in a serviceable condition, which is poor.

A 5pm close is also poor in my opinion.

Did you go on the Golden Nugget? I found that hilariously good.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed my first visit to Drayton Manor back in November last year.

Pirate Adventure was like that when I was there. I believe that they only have four boats left that are in a serviceable condition, which is poor.

A 5pm close is also poor in my opinion.

Did you go on the Golden Nugget? I found that hilariously good.

That explains a lot about pirate adventure then!

And saying the park closed at 5, they closes storm force 10 queue about 5 to and there was about a 40minute queue, we were the last ones on aha!

The Golden Nugget shoot out is great fun lol... I always though it didn't work properly when mid ride my score kept going to 0... Only to realise this time its a character shooting back at you and if your gun picks it up it resets your score haha! :P

I went back in 2008 for my first ever visit when it tilted and thought it was so cool, although admittedly almost missed it after going 3 days in a row, only found it on the last day as its sort of hidden, same with black revolver which was an awesome ride, waltzers in the dark where air race is going now, but that was removed and drunken barrels didn't work properly when I retuned again 2 years ago, and still broke last year, great to see it back working properly again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...