Fright Nights 2015

spoon

I don't know if this is something to be concerned about, but someone on their facebook page asked if they'll be charging for their mazes, and the response was...

THORPE PARK Official Hi Hollie, further Fright Night maze information is soon to be released. We advise that guests under 13 do not go into the horror mazes however this is up to the individual themselves.

I really hope the big top isn't an upcharge. 

I don't know if this is something to be concerned about, but someone on their facebook page asked if they'll be charging for their mazes, and the response was...

I really hope the big top isn't an upcharge.

Big Top has been confirmed as a free attraction.

Their response is probably worded like that since Containment is a paid-for extra.

Looks good!

Annual Pass Preview Tickets are now available;

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fright-nights-merlin-annual-passholder-preview-event-tickets-18435774899

Just a heads up, it says that Containment will not be available on the night (however passholders can experience it at a discounted price on another day), The Big Top will not be available until 8pm, and the only rides open will be The Swarm, Stealth, Colossus, Nemesis Inferno and Saw: The Ride.

Just ripping it off instead ;)

ha, knew someone would mention it.  To be honest, I'm expecting some similarities between the two mazes to a degree, and some will probably say the whole maze is a rip-off too I bet, but that's because CoS did the carnival / clown theme well, and the fact that it's quite a common theme.  

In reality it probably is the same set piece, just with heavy modifications.  It's good that they haven't just reused it in the same state though, and it looks good.

I do doubt it.  They look different in terms of sizes (it's hard to be sure based on the photos of course) and it just doesn't seem to make sense to change something so much when they could get a new bit of theming for a similar cost.  I genuinely think the CoS entrance feature is probably either destroyed or gathered dust in a warehouse.

Looks great :D,Hopefully it will be way better than sparsely themed corridors the maze (Studio 13).

Interesting view.  Whilst Studio 13 didn't have in-your-face, high quality theming from top to bottom, it did all fit in with the story of the maze.  

Interesting view.  Whilst Studio 13 didn't have in-your-face, high quality theming from top to bottom, it did all fit in with the story of the maze.  

To be fair, if I hadn't already known the storyline for S13 upon entering the maze I don't think I would have understood it much.  Apart from the pre-show, the only things explaining what each section was were signs that could easily be missed.

The theming was great in places, but other places were just black walls and the maze lacked actual scares and atmosphere IMO.