Energylandia

CharlieN

RMC hype continues thanks to PabloA on CF...

575Myrq.jpg

Some context where this is going. The SLC (red cred) is basically the back of the park at the moment - you can even see the quite distinctive cut off line! The front of the park is just next to Hyperion; you can see the castle entrance just to the right of it.  

This shows just how much this new area is expanding the park in terms of size, and it's only going to get bigger!

rwAloO9.jpg

Footers for the ride going in - this is going to be one dense coaster!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LK_ said:

Has it been confirmed for a 2019 opening? or just speculation with how quick the progress is? 

It was confirmed to a German theme park magazine by the park they intend to open it in the autumn.

The park themselves haven't officially announced it via social media / their website, but then again, they haven't even mentioned it at all through those methods.

22 minutes ago, Benin said:

Keep pondering if Poland would be worth the trip given the constant expansion against a RMC and Lech Coaster...

It's worth it. I might actually get round to finishing my Poland TR this month to give a bit more insight...

It might be worth holding off till 2020 to get the water ride at Legendia and the kiddie cred and multi launch Vekoma at Energylandia mind. Especially since 2021 is meant to be a quiet year for Poland..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2019 map is now live, as posted by pawel98123 on CoasterForce:

PL-2019.jpg

Confirms that the RMC will indeed be called Zadra (which was previously on announced as a codename, and is Polish for 'Splinter'). Given the map marks Zadra as a 'New', and the rest of the Dragon's Castle area as 'Coming Soon', I guess it's still possible for Zadra to open this year.

As an aside, let's just appreciate how nice the Energylandia map is.

And also, the space occupied by the Energylandia logo and underneath, as well as what would be space to the left of that, is all just empty field belonging to the park, which they will expand on...

Zadra is looking great so far. Glad to see Europe is starting to open up some more RMCs now. Just hope this one is now structurally sound, given what has happened. Maybe I will visit next year? 

Energylandia seems to be one of the fastest growing parks of Europe (if the fastest) and I look forward to seeing what they produce. Their new stuff seems to be tenfold over what has been plonked down in their early years.

And an overview of the layout, as shared by roomraider on Coasterforce...

image.png

As said before, this is an extended version of Vekoma's new Shockwave shelf model, see below for how that looks:

image.png

So this one effectively just a small launch with a little extra twisty turny bit before the ride.  

image.png

• 4 weeks later...