Energylandia

CharlieN

• 2 weeks later...

Energylandia have said on their Facebook that Hyperion will open with the rest of the park on April 2nd!

They've also posted more concept art, showing riders wearing OTSR...

26166662_1237954872973269_73822887649001

Hopefully not indicative of the real thing...

Edit: Facebook translation is actually unclear.  The Facebook post might be saying Hyperion opens in 2018 season, which starts April 2nd.  Much confusion.  Standby for clarification...

Aren't those Vekoma trains?

Surely the trains on this will either be Taron or Skyrush style?

I mean, guys, we're on a forum dedicated to a park that shows B&M restraints on Stealth as part of their marketing imagery... We know this sorta stuff (which is NOT concept art, but marketing imagery) is usually a load of balls...

I find it odd how this park constantly mentions ride manufacturers and roller coaster terminology which parks don’t bother with, yet they advertise an Intamin using Vekoma features.

I am used to seeing this with Thorpe Park and Alton Towers, but with a park that appears to care about telling the public about roller coaster manufacturers?

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Aren't those Vekoma trains?

Surely the trains on this will either be Taron or Skyrush style?

I mean, guys, we're on a forum dedicated to a park that shows B&M restraints on Stealth as part of their marketing imagery... We know this sorta stuff (which is NOT concept art, but marketing imagery) is usually a load of balls...

Bugger my bad; blame the tiredness...

Although, all major coasters in Poland have OTSRs, so not necessarily completely out the realm of possibility this'll have OTSRs.  Highly unlikely though, of course

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to Energylandia this summer, and I just cannot wait to ride Hyperion and Speed. The space theming looks nice, and like Baron said earlier, I really hope, that they can pull it off. Speaking about their other planned coasters for the near future, I would actually love to see an Intamin Aquatrax, as I’ve never ridden one before. As I’m reading through all the posts right now, I’m actually kinda sad in a way, since I’ll now have to visit the park twice to get a ride on the upcoming RMC and their other coasters :(. If you guys would like, I’d be more than happy to take a couple of pics from my trip and post them on here

9 hours ago, Benin said:

But building an Aqua-Trax makes the one in Korea less special [/mega-lite]

While I do agree with you on that, I still think that building one in Europe or even The Americas would be great, as people who can’t afford to travel long distances can get the chance to ride one. Of course, there’s plenty of other forms of water coasters, that I would prefer over an Aquatrax, but judging by the rarity of the type and Energylandia’s lineup, I think that it would be a great investment for the park

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to interrupt the Baron’s streak...

Energylandia have announced that they plan to build some on site accommodation. “Western camp” will feature teepees, cabins and (a) restaurant(s). Looks good, but a proper hotel always appeals so much more to me than a holiday village type thing.  

This really shows their ambition for the future though:

https://t.co/8t3Ya4UVrH

582C4F00-39AF-448A-9AC8-6533AF2BA846.jpeg

A2142602-5E8F-4E7E-A841-0B9A23B4A9B2.jpeg

311F965A-F481-4733-8701-722F341C7AF2.jpeg

3E59DD66-CE6C-46CB-9221-1E2FF79E91FA.jpeg

Got excited at first because I thought it was going to be new Hyperion pictures.. :'(

I know the park have been planning accommodation, but I didn't realise they were getting this before a proper hotel.  The proper hotel, which will be Venician in style, is due for around 2020 I believe.

Lovely to see this get a theme and style; hope that translates into real life.  Especially since it's meant to open this year in time for summer and construction hasn't started.. Western isn't really my thing though, and a Venician hotel sounds amazing anyways.  Wonder what the prices for this will be...

But yeah, rapid expansion is rapid.  The park clearly are setting themselves up for the future.  They've got rich people behind the scenes too, so when the EU subsidiaries stop coming in, they should be more than a good enough situation to continue development and bring in visitors, and money, for years to come.

All that's been said is opening 2018.

It's weird because the park have done work in extremely cold temperatures (-5 degrees) and at unfavourable times (Christmas Eve / Christmas Day seemingly).  So if they're working actively at times like that, you'd expect things to progress quickly, yet things are going slowly.  God knows why frankly.

I still expect it to open this year, probably around July and August so they can capitalise on summer.  More importantly, if they don't open it this year, they'll lose funding or backing or something, as well as some support / trust from the government, which the park really don't want.