Energylandia

CharlieN

Energylandia is insane..

To think this was a park barely even on the map a few years ago but now we have a Intamin Water Coaster and a massive awesome looking Intamin Hyper in just one year..

I think in a few years if they get a RMC and a few more coasters this could be easily be one of the parks in Europe (when it comes to coasters anyway).

Hyperion does look pretty awesome I have to admit..

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, LK_ said:

Wish it was law for all parks to only retreive stuff that has fell off the ride, at the end of the day once the coaster is shut down, you can retreive/replace an item but not someones life..

When I worked on rides it was standard procedure that it had to be fully locked off and clear of guests before you even think of entering a ride area.

Tragic news.

• 1 month later...

Went here yesterday. I'll do a report thing in a few days, but let's talk Hyperion.

Rode it three times (first train of the day, back row, once in row 2 and another ride in back row). And it's a great coaster once it warms up. First ride was alright, 'fun' at best, but nothing special. But in the afternoon, it's a different beast. The airtime really chucks you round and makes you thankful that Polish staff are taught to really staple you into your seats. It whips round the turns really quickly. It's just, generally, very good. However, the back is quite rattly and vibratey, especially in the second half, which takes away from things a bit.

The park are onto a winner with this. It's the headliner the park needs right now. It looks intimidating, packs a punch and is great fun all round.

One thing to note though - the batching process is weird. There's 4 batching rows, confusingly labelled 1, 2, 3, 3. These lead to doors which open to the station area. Row 1 lets 4 people in at a time and is for front row. Row 2 is for 'individuals' and lets in 8 at a time. The two row 3s let in 8 at a time each. When waiting at the doors, Doors 1 and 3 open, so people find their rows. Once everyone has found a seat, Door 2 opens and the 8 people fill up the gaps. Very weird system, poorly explained (the explanation is at the front of the batching area, which can't be seen when there's people there!), yet was sorta working? I don't like it though.

Also, on my first ride, I got SOAKED by the splash. I was literally the only person to get wet, but I got properly drenched. My other rides were fine and I never saw anyone get as wet as me, so I dunno if it was just an unlucky go or what.

Anyways, tl;dr - Hyperion is great. Reckon most will enjoy it. Go ride it if you can.

• 1 month later...

News for 2020, which will be a new themed land featuring, as expected, an RMC, which appears to be called Zadra (Polish for splinter)...

Key facts:

Area name: Dragon's Castle

Rides: Zadra, dark ride, junior coaster, kids monorail and a couple of others

Will also include shops and restaurants

Located at the back of the back of the park, sort of behind / between their Vekoma launch and SLC (previously just unused space)

Opening date: In original documentation, it was mentioned the RMC had to be open "by 6th April 2020", so Spring 2020. Work is already happening on the site, so that seems realistic

Nolimits video of the RMC, including a POV, from about 1 minute onwards with artwork from about 3 minutes

Really good to see Energylandia go for a themed area. Their early investments were very much 'plonk rides down', but lately they've been thinking about theming more, so a cohesive area is only a good thing. Dark ride appears to be a trackless dark ride similar with vehicles similar to Symbolica / Baszylisk, and appears to be a shooter too (good thing, since their current dark ride is beyond terrible).

The junior coaster is potentially a Zierer or Vekoma, hard to tell, but based on the artwork, it doesn't look to be a relocation of one of the park's current coasters...

Current rumours suggest the following:

-2019: Vekoma mine train of a similar size / scale to Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand

-2020: RMC + junior coaster

-2021: Vekoma multi-launch over water

-Beyond 2022: Vekoma tilt coaster, plus whatever else they decide to chuck in.

The park currently has 12 creds, putting it at the 2nd highest in Europe, only behind Europa (13). If Ankapark in Turkey ever opens, that'll have 17 though. Though I'm sure by the time they open, Energylandia will be smashing them...

I’m very pleased to see the park starting to opt in for themed attractions/areas in their  newer additions. Hyperion has definitely set a new benchmark for the place.

Must be honest, that whilst I’m yet to visit the place, the earlier additions look shockingly bad as if they’ve just plonked ‘off the shelf’ models on any available part of land. It’s almost like the result of what a child would do in RCT.

The upcoming additions sound great though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Energylandia have confirmed via the latest edition of the German Kirmes and Parks Revue magazine that Zadra will open sometime in autumn 2019, with the rest of the Dragon's Castle area opening in 2020.

On top of that, the park will also open their Vekoma multi-launch (which may or may not be over water, not quite clear) in 2020. Up until now, it hadn't been clear when that would open.

The coaster will be an extended version of Vekoma's new off-the-shelf Shockwave model, the first of which is opening in Dragon Valley Theme Park, China. Below is the standard Shockwave model...

cbVZV6y.png

The standard Shockwave's stats:

Speed: 62.1mph (100kmph)

Length: 1095m

Height: 38.5m

Inversions: 5 (loop, batwing, 2 corkscrews)

Energylandia's version:

Speed: 62.1mph

Length: 1320m

Height: 38.5m

Inversions: 4 (loop, batwing, corkscrew)

[Thank to CoasterForce member eKs_Prod for posting the info]

So it seems the first half of Energylandia's is much the same as above, with changes presumably after the batwing to incorporate the second launch.

The Shockwave model looks really good fun, and with new Vekoma being fab, I'm sure this will be too. Can't help but feel turning it into a multi-launch seems a bit forced and for the sake of it; should have gotten a custom multi-launch. But can't really complain too much.

The only other point I have is that I wonder how similar it will feel to Formula, the park's current Vekoma launch, or if it will end up rendering it obsolete already...

The future for this park looks bright, only one thing I wish they took was the better theming aspect, pull off a phantasia land or something and make you feel immersed in it. but other than that the park looks like a really nice place to visit if one ever finds themself in poland