Energylandia

CharlieN

On 05/10/2017 at 9:51 PM, BaronC. said:

That EU money, along with the Polish government's funding, is serving the park well...

Along with the above mentioned Intamin Water Coaster, the park are planning 4 more coasters by 2020, including...

-An RMC hybrid (60m high, 3 inversions, and hitting a max speed of around 70mph)

-Some form of multi launch coaster around water (presumably Mack, but I guess Intamin is possible..)

-A Mine Train

-A tilt coaster - yes, they're still a thing apparently...

It has now been officially agreed with local planning authorities that the RMC will go ahead (with Vekoma involved as the European middleman if you will like with Wildfire).  Length will be 'at least' 1300m, as well as the stats above still holding true.  One condition is that the coaster is open 'by April 6th 2020'.  

No word yet on if/when the other coasters might come to fruition, but given the crazy level of investment, and quality of some of it, I imagine it won't be long before we hear about them...

1 minute ago, Benin said:

Should I still go this year, or hold off till then.....

The pull of Lech coaster is tempting, but it doesn't scream of a place I'd wanna run back to, even for a RMC...

Lech is at Legendia though (albeit that's like an hour away at most) ;)  Energylandia has the Vekoma launch.

I've been looking at it myself and entry prices for both parks totalled at around £30..  Hotels are cheap too so it's a cheap cred run at the very least...

4 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Lech is at Legendia though (albeit that's like an hour away at most) ;)  Energylandia has the Vekoma launch.

I've been looking at it myself and entry prices for both parks totalled at around £30..  Hotels are cheap too so it's a cheap cred run at the very least...

The pricing of Legendia always confused me, its 10 quid for a days entry with unlimited rides or £20 for an annual pass... Like what!?(it's great though as it's so cheap)

It's going to be one hell of a good line up to hit in one trip if you were to wait till the RMC opens!

I'm on the fence at the moment, I think it will come down to what other coaster trips are on offer as to if I'll wait or just say screw it and visit twice.

If you were to keep waiting for everything to open, you'd never go anywhere!

Also forgot to mention that funding had been approved for 2 more of the 2020 coasters..

The 'multi launch water coaster', will feature 5 inversions, launched of up to 62mph and a max height of 35m.  Dare I say...Aquatrax?!

The mine train will feature 3 lift hills, 3 trains seating 30 people each, and a length of at least 1200m (almost 4000ft), which would be comparable to Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand in length.

Their fourth proposed coaster for 2020, a tilt coaster, is still awaiting funding to be guaranteed.

What companies will be involved for these coasters isn't confirmed.  Given the parks track record, if say Vekoma for the mine train is almost a certainty.  The water coaster feels more like an Intamin thing, but I wouldn't rule Mack out either...

Pulling these investments out of nowhere, crazy times!

Very much doubt that multi launch will be an Intamin Aquatrax, they haven't built any since Atlantis Adventure, so to suddenly add another 50 feet of height and 5 inversions to one would be rather brave. Sounds like a silly concept, so something Mack would thrive at, I certainly hope it's Mack!

Tilt coaster has got to be Vekoma, same with the mine train, which I really hope isn't like Colorado because that's just awful.

I'm going to be a d**k again and say...

If they do get an Intamin Aquatrax (like South Korea) or a Vekoma Tilt Coaster (like Taiwan), then it's going to p**s me off a bit that those 2 unique ride types will suddenly become easy to get for the unwashed masses.

3 hours ago, ben199 said:

Wow, you come across so smug and condescending. Some of your posts are really cringey to read!

Thank you. :)

You clearly haven't understood my intent at all, which I could put down to forums just being text, or could just assume you're having a bad day. There was nothing smug or condescending about that post.

I added further speculation on which coasters and manufacturers may be involved, offensive right?

Then openly said I was going to be a d**k and moaned about coaster models that at the moment take some effort to get may soon be possible to obtain in a day trip. If that offends you then clearly you're not enjoying this hobby to it's fullest and just want to be spoon fed everything as easy as possible.

It's selfish and rude though... Saying "I'm going to be a idiot" does not excuse dickish behaviour...

The more the merrier, not everyone is going to jet off to Taiwan (or that Chinese park with the duelling tilt creds), so what harm is it to anyone that there's a brand new one just over the ocean?

Hell, imagine how much BETTER a brand new Vekoma tilt coaster would be given their recent additions...

And we've always wanted another Aquatrax... We can shut down the internet once a second is built...

Edit - Someone needs to look at the filters ;)

If you think more people riding obscure coasters is somehow a threat to your ego and status as an enthusiast then that's ok, I think it's an odd reaction but if that's how you feel then that's how you feel. That doesn't offend me.

However you definitely were condescending in that original post. There's a fair chance you're the only one on this forum who's been on both an Aquatrax and a tilt coaster so to say that everyone who's not you is part of the 'unwashed masses' is a bit rude and condescending and I think that's worth calling out.

This is the problem with too many people on forums these days, skimming posts and making assumptions.

I think it takes some fun out of cred hunting, when unique things become slightly less unique and easier to obtain, that's what I'm getting at. Quite what that has to do with me as a person is for your assumptions only.

I've never ridden a tilt coaster, once again, that's an assumption of yours. If that post truly honestly came across as me talking down to Baron, a very knowledgable man himself, then I'd like to apologise to him and him alone, that was not my intent.

Unwashes masses was clearly a joke, a joke I've stolen from a wrestler I once liked. If you think I was using it as anything other than a quick joke, then that's your problem.