The Small Parks Thread

Benin

Continuing the French park theme, Jardin d'Acclimatation in centre of Paris (right opposite side from DLP) are opening their new Gerst Bobsled this week... It's cute (as is the park, it's a small fair area in the middle of the bigger park)...

• 1 month later...

Bobbejaanland's new cred for next year has a layout and it's... Weird...

37760502_2002920493075667_16842603140460

So it has the triple launch thing at the start, which is fair enough, but then it ends with a spike as well? Can see it more obviously in the 3d model:

37829881_2002920469742336_41002745472766

Kinda intrigued, certainly fits the theme of mediocre randomness Bobbie Jobbie is perfect at...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ChiapasC. said:

Sadly not Thorpe, but I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear Wanda Chengdu are building a Taron clone...

Screenshot_20181103-114723__01.jpg

I love you, you've just made my day!

If it makes you feel any better, I've been joking that Helix will be cloned and looking weird as hell propped up on massive supports in a random city in China for a while now.

Does that announcement bother you at all is my question now? 

Knowing that your bae is now no longer unique in this World? Oh and still not as good as Helix...

On 11/3/2018 at 5:51 PM, Benin said:

Won't affect the quality of the ride, as it'll be a midcard coaster regardless of theme or location...

3 hours ago, Benin said:

Linnanmaki's new Intamin continues to grow! #willbebetterthanTaron

Trying my best not to be triggered...

Though I agree Taiga will be a beast of a ride, and I really can't wait to ride it. Good Intamins :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Genuinely think this has the potential to be in the same league as Taron and/or Helix (delete as appropriate depending on your views on both rides).

The launches won't be much faster than Helix, but I see them being much more intense. And the layout just looks like a ton of fun. So it's a bloody solid winner of a ride. 

It's a shame this ride isn't attracting the same hype as Helix, Taron, Icon and even Asterix21 is. I guess that's down to location, but still...

On 11/3/2018 at 5:51 PM, Benin said:

A massive part of Taron is the landscaping anyway, it's like those Blue Fire clones placed in deserts with no theming whatsoever...

Won't affect the quality of the ride, as it'll be a midcard coaster regardless of theme or location...

Well...

Have you actually seen how much effort Wanda put into theming in their parks? It wouldn't surprise me if the clone looked as good if not better than Taron...

As I mentioned in my trip report recently (read it), riding a cloned layout, if it doesn't live up to how you remember the original riding, can cause you to question if you've remembered/rated the original correctly.

22 hours ago, ChiapasC. said:

#BetterThanHelix #IntaminBetterThanMack

I'll see you at the meet!

In all seriousness though, can we all actually go ride this coaster and then debate who's bae it's beating. I don't want me and ChiapasC to be the only 2 who go and ride it because that will solve nothing!