The Small Parks Thread

Benin

Tbf Linnanmäki looks like a solid enough park as it is, just lacked the killer ride. Taiga should take it from a 'visit one day park' to a 'let's plan a trip specifically for this' park for a fair few European enthusiasts.

Keep forgetting Walibi RA is getting their Gerst next year. It's slipped under the radar somewhat after the initial buzz. It's got a non-launched semi-shuttle ending, featuring a switch track to get you back to the station, I believe. Still not sure how I feel about that fad..

3 hours ago, ChiapasC. said:

Tbf Linnanmäki looks like a solid enough park as it is, just lacked the killer ride. Taiga should take it from a 'visit one day park' to a 'let's plan a trip specifically for this' park for a fair few European enthusiasts.

Keep forgetting Walibi RA is getting their Gerst next year. It's slipped under the radar somewhat after the initial buzz. It's got a non-launched semi-shuttle ending, featuring a switch track to get you back to the station, I believe. Still not sure how I feel about that fad..

Well if you want to complete the Sea life Europe trip you have to go there. Also, nothing will beat Motiongate's Capitol bullet train. Thanks, bye.

• 2 weeks later...

Walibi Rhône-Alpes' Gerst has a name, description and logo...

24/12 - An Infinity Coaster in 2019? Unique in France!

... And he chooses that our novelty bears his name: MYSTIC  !

If you still think that Dr. Mystic is a charlatan; Let yourself be enchanted from June 2019, to check!

Screenshot_20181224-100704__01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Tivoli Gardens have a ‘surprisingly’ big year ahead of them for 2019. Source-Blooloop Article On Tivoli.

Basically they are spending a lot of money on replacing and updating ride hardware which includes their kiddie and Mack powered coasters amongst others.

I will be visiting the park in late April, so it remains difficult to see what will or will not be open in that time, but one will see.

12 hours ago, Cedar Creek said:

Looks like Tivoli Gardens have a ‘surprisingly’ big year ahead of them for 2019. Source-Blooloop Article On Tivoli.

Basically they are spending a lot of money on replacing and updating ride hardware which includes their kiddie and Mack powered coasters amongst others.

I will be visiting the park in late April, so it remains difficult to see what will or will not be open in that time, but one will see.

It would be good if they could also invest in some queue lines for the busy days on park.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn that's sad. I remember watching a roller coaster documentary in the early-to-mid 2000s and seeing Volcano; was one of the things that sparked my enthusiasm up a level. Never heard great reviews about the ride, but still, sad.

And from one coaster blasting off to another exploding onto the scene, the first drop of Dynamite is complete...

51489521_10157243916209170_7049598627747

(From Plohn's Facebook..)

2 hours ago, Coaster said:

Not a fan of the way Cedar Fair go about things, tbh.  Didn't they buy Geauga Lake and close it down purely to eliminate competition for Cedar Point, losing a park over 100 years old with a rich history in the process?

The same could be said really when the Thompson Family shut down Frontier Land in 1999 or (the original) Pleasureland Southport. I’m sure there’s other examples out there too. Doesn’t stop this still being bad though. 

I'm another who remembers seeing Volcano The Blast on a ride documentary( anyone remember the name), which included other rides such as Men In Black and Millenium Force (an attraction I’ve actually ridden). Still a shame it’s closed though despite it’s numerous issues, let’s hope a decent replacement surpasses it.

Dynamite looks great though, it’s nice to see a small park buy a quality Mack coaster there.