The Small Parks Thread

Benin

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.sttinfo.fi/tiedote/linnanmaki-amusement-park-in-helsinki-finland-announces-their-biggest-roller-coaster-project-ever-taiga-is-getting-ready-to-launch?publisherId=3179&releaseId=66986964

8e474c47-29e4-4e17-9780-a3c289072d2d-w_9

Maybe, just maybe, 2019 will finally be the year Benin goes to Finland...

It's an Intamin multi-launch that's spiting the water coaster...

• 2 weeks later...

Look at this Takabisha clone in all of its clone-like goodness:

ba30394972754a71550b1e74eee5cf1e.png

This clone of Takabisha opens next year in America.  The clone will be intertwined with a Gerstlauer spinning coaster (which as previously established, will not be a clone :( ).

Can't wait to see the rest of this clone build up.  The green colour suits the clone well.

Clone.

They spited the cool looking and unique (you lot won't understand that word) water coaster for this new beast? Surely with a Skyloop and a Zacspin (2 of the worst things ever), there was plenty of other crap to rip out?

I'll let you lot know how the true Takabisha rides to gauge whether it's worth your time to ride the wrong one...

Who am I kidding, you'll just go to PortAventura and say it's the worst park ever instead.

Edited by Mega-Lite
Edited for accuracy.

1 hour ago, Mega-Lite said:

They spited the cool looking and unique (you lot won't understand that word) water coaster for this new beast? Surely with a Skyloop and a Zacspin (2 of the worst things ever), there was plenty of other crap to rip out?

I'll let you lot know how the true Takabisha rides to gauge whether it's worth your time to ride the wrong one...

Who am I kidding, you'll just go to PortAventura and say it's the worst park ever instead.

It’s a shame you’ve gone from one of the most interesting trip reporters on this forum to someone who just wants to throw shade at others. 

7 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Says the guy who only ever appears to put me down, this is a case in point...

It's quite obvious I'm responding to sass, with more sass. If you can't see that, then, oh no, what a pity never mind. Or are you and Benin allowed to joke about but not others?

And yet I started my post with a compliment. 

It doesn't bother me at all, but Mark, all you seem to do these days is find fault in how I act, completely missing the context and adding nothing constructive. I'll do a research mission to back that up later if you'd like.

It's a shame, I've been reading these forums for years and always thought Mark seems like a great bloke and I reckon he'd be great to discuss things with in this forum, what happened?

There's a really nice compliment in there too.

No sign of tigers running loose or 100 foot tall security guards, that's just not acceptable...

Out of curiosity, can anyone explain the logic behind woodies with steel supports throughout? I'll assume it's to save money and because it requires less maintenance, if it is just for those 2 reasons then it's a shame because it doesn't as good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bellewaerde in Belgium has had to stop selling it's Season Pass because they were "too popular" - https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/9979/Belgisch-pretpark-stopt-met-verkoop-abonnementen.html

Costing €47 (~£41), it gave access to the park for all of the 2018 season except bank holidays. People with an Annual Walibi Parks Pass could also upgrade for access to Bellewaerde for an extra €20, but that offer has also been discontinued. The park's logic is that if too many are sold, they can't guarantee that the park won't be too busy.

For a park that attracts around 900k people a year, it clearly must have done very well if they're that concerned about the number sold after a few weeks...

• 5 weeks later...