Is there a maximum length for hair

BAYDEEUH

Question

I have very long, lucious hair that is approximately 8 ft long. I am wondering if this will be an issue when riding? My height is 5ft 5. So my hair will be trailingbehind me. I usually wear it in a plaitt witAny advice would be helpfuly. My hair will be even longer once spring comes around and I will attend thorpe park for the firs ttime.

HAIR.jpg

10 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

I have a friend who worked at Thorpe Park this year (which is why I'm planning on working there next summer :) - I don't know why I included that) but he didn't mention any restriction on hair length on any of the rides. I'm guessing as long as it doesn't get caught in over the shoulder restraints' moving parts (see circled pic below) or other types of restraints' moving parts then it should be fine.

Sitting on top of your hair on the seats on rides would mean that it doesn't start flying everywhere (hitting support structures - something that I presume would be quite painful for you), curling around the car and getting run over by the wheels (if you can picture what I mean) or hitting other riders (which could be dangerous at the speeds you'll be going at). I doubt you walk with your hair dragging along the floor when you go out so what you normally do to "hold your hair up" (I.e so it doesn't touch the floor) is probably fine anyway.

Sitting on top of your hair on the seats on rides is my personal solution to your particular problem with your hair on rides at Thorpe Park. Diagram explaining what I mean:

Explanation.thumb.png.19202ddd4fdfd10b5f6415b09f96fde2.png

Moving parts on the restraints for The Swarm shown above which could become extremely painful if your hair gets stuck in these:

theswarm15.thumb.jpg.47fce9a755ab98aa1de542f3b8a99743.jpg

If you're unsure ask away straight away even if it seems you're becoming "annoying" - staff are there to help & assist and from my experience they usually are.

Word of advice: I don't have long hair so suggestions to ensure that your hair doesn't hit others on rides or get caught in the moving parts of restraints will hopefully either be thought about by you or by another member of the forum who've had more experience than I have. I've just highlighted the main problems of having long hair.

Enjoy your visit to Thorpe Park in 2019!

Thank you so much for your detailed ?

I seem to remember a girl got scalped at Thorpe or Chessington years ago when her long hair got caught in some ride mechanics. Possibly on Rocky Express?

It's certainly happened around the world multiple times over the years, last I recall was a couple of years ago in America.

Grim.