Dragon's Fury

People also need to remember that you can't say things like 'just extend the station' like that. Really it just isn't that easy in real life. It's not like something on RCT1/2/3, where you can just pause and build something like that, sometimes without it costing you anything. It isn't that easy I'm afraid.

Dragon's Fury can run 9 cars not 8!

No it can't. I know the others have explained but well...Yeah I operate it. Not since 2005 have we run even 8 cars because simply put, the system doesn't like it. Rarely will you ever even see all 9 cars at the ride as often one is in the workshop and another is used as spare in case one of the other cars needs to be taken off.As for extending the station, that would add absolutely nothing as the ride track is still the same length. The cars will still be going around at the same pace, you just have more stacked up in the station.

The coaster runs 8 cars not 9 and that's it! What more can you want?You've first-hand experience from the people that work the rides (no pun intended), what else do you need?The coaster can't be extended and no realistic inc financial changes can change the ride. It is possible to change the layout (theoretically) but that would cost loads of money and with what Chessington have to work with - won't happen unless massive changed occur, which might I add - cost bling bling!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from Chessington where, Dragons Fury was closed because, so I was told by a helpful (to be proven) operator, a swam of bees had set upon people mid ride. Can anyone confirm this? Does it happen alot?The last time I went I did notice alot of wasps near to the station entrance I just guessed it was because it was so soon after the easter holidays and they had stayed around thinking more sweets and drink would be spilt?

Just got back from Chessington where, Dragons Fury was closed because, so I was told by a helpful (to be proven) operator, a swam of bees had set upon people mid ride. Can anyone confirm this? Does it happen alot?The last time I went I did notice alot of wasps near to the station entrance I just guessed it was because it was so soon after the easter holidays and they had stayed around thinking more sweets and drink would be spilt?

A swam of bees during the ride of Dragon's Fury? I have known them to be all over the queue line but never gone on people during the ride!Note to self - Keep mouth closed when on Dragon's Fury next time! :) And to answer does it happen alot? - I absolutely hate bees and wasps. If it happened a lot I would not go to Chessington & Zoo. So seeing I go quite a lot, No it fortunately does not happen alot! :( And if it does, let them stay by Dragon's Fury and not by Vampire! :)

On the subject of bees, I remember when I was on rush last summer near the end of the ride a bee went flying up my sleeve and stung me on my back :P When I got off the ride I felt a pain on my back so I lifted my top up and a bee flew off.oh wait it was a wasp, oh well :P

Urgh! I can't stand to be near wasps >.<Those little buggers haha, but yea dragon's fury equals thumbs up xD

I hate the wasps and bees!I always find they are always mostly near (for me anyway) Dragon's Fury. In fact, the majority of them are by Dragon's Fury usually when I visit unfortunately.However, I always find they are also mainly by Dragon Falls and Vampire. (Dragon Falls = Queue and Area + Vampire is the queue) :P

I hate the wasps and bees!I always find they are always mostly near (for me anyway) Dragon's Fury. In fact, the majority of them are by Dragon's Fury usually when I visit unfortunately.However, I always find they are also mainly by Dragon Falls and Vampire. (Dragon Falls = Queue and Area + Vampire is the queue) :P

Oh god!! x.xWhy does it have to be wasps? D: