Dragon's Fury

• 6 months later...

One of my favourite rides at Chessie. I really enjoy the lift hill becuase it goes up so fast you don't really have much time to think about what comes next. That made me nervous when I was younger lol. There's also a lot of decent airtime on the ride and the track layout is great imo. Sadly, I only got to go on once last year as it had an hour que. I really like the section where the ride goes very close to the ground and provides the sensation of "OMG it looks like I'm gonna hit the floor" lol. Also the first drop (and second) is really fun and full of airtime.

Right... Dragons Fury's target is 700 which is nigh on impossible, Vampire's is 1000 where again is pretty impossible.Rememebr, those target things are absolute crap, the Carousel one for instance is 700, which works out at 10 rides an hour, every seat full and only a 90 second setting.And how often do you think all that happens..Vampire is the more popular ride, arguably Fury is a better ride experience.

Guests being slow is one factor, the other being even if you run the ride perfectly, it just cannot get that throughput because the ride isn't capable of doing it. The final thing is the ride faulting. A lot of the time on Fury for example was drive over-speed which would just cut the drive out.

Throughputs are too loosely based on averages to ever prove an accurate rate of guests on a ride each hour... Since they imagine every single seat on every single car/train will be full...Filling every single seat is an absolute nightmare on most rides... Hence the issue...And those signs... 300 people an hour on Trucks? Never EVER going to happen... EVER...Doesn't Fury's book say the throughput based on 8 cars as well Mark? (even though it cannot run on 8 without throwing a fit)...On the subject of Fury itself, it's definitely the best spinning coaster I've been on... But it cannot really be compared to Vampire as they are so different from each other... So I like to think that they are both equal and awesome in their own right (especially as Vamp is the best Suspended Swinger in the world now with Big Bad Wolf gone)...

If anything it's less likely when the ride is new as new rides usually have teething problems.Also, in Maurer Sohne's technical specification of Dragons Fury, the ride apparently has a theoretical capacity of 950 PPH. If only... :) That PDF file is on the Maurer Sohne website for anyone that is interested :unsure:

Fury at a push with all staff working flat out and it being on the right setting for motor speeds, will make 700. Vampire, again at a push can get 1000.However, impossible doesn't exist if you have the right guests (bags STRAIGHT to the other side, shoes on and on the train in time as cast member passes up check restraints), staff (unclipping seatbelts as fast as they can and pushing up restraints, and being fast on the platform) and no ride issues.