Dragon's Fury

Just for anyone going tomorrow the ride might be down as it went down about half way through today, second MCBR making constant noises as if it was slowing down a train. From about 3pm onwards, two mechanics were present but It did not reopen by end of day.

Bit confused by this. The Second MCBR has a trim break and will always slow down the car.

• 1 year later...

Fury was closed for an hour or two today during the afternoon. A woman at the entrance talking to a member of staff made me giggle, "Well if it's broken go get someone to f***ing fix it don't just stand there"... Aren't people lovely.

On ride photos weren't happening either, I went to view mine and it was just picture after picture of track. The man behind the counter said something about the ride running fast, I don't know how true that is.

• 5 weeks later...

All depends about the weight of the car. I can't remember spinball spinning at all on my last ride because the car was evenly waited, but the 3 adults rule on Fury allows you to put the two heaviest in the back and the car will spin very well from the first drop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you answered your own question there!

Te lift shakes because of the weight of the cars on it, and the track is built to be flexible so that it doesn't simply break when under forces.

Even more forceful rollercoasters flex slightly when the train goes past, it's just not as noticeable as on spinning coasters. And some wooden coasters shake a lot!

It's literally nothing to worry about. Many coasters are designed so that the track can 'shake' to relieve some tension and strain on the track itself or something (I'm sure Benin or someone else with more ride engineering than me can explain a bit better than me!). Another coaster you can see it on is Saw; watch the dive loop after a car passes through it!

I think I read a rumour on here somewhere that if Fury was built a few years later, they'd have built the lift hill with more supports so it didn't shake so much, but I'm not sure how reputable the person who said it was.

Edited by JoshC.

It's literally nothing to worry about. Many coasters are designed so that the track can 'shake' to relieve some tension and strain on the track itself or something (I'm sure Benin or someone else with more ride engineering than me can explain a bit better than me!). Another coaster you can see it on is Saw; watch the dive loop after a car passes through it!

Nah, you're right, easiest comparisons are buildings that are built in earthquake zones and designed to shake because otherwise they'll just collapse...

If the track has no ability to move at all, then it's more likely to have faults within it... You can see it on Nemesis after the Zero-G that it happens quite severely, but for the most part the track motion is un-noticeable...

I always found it quite entertaining how it would make people so worried about riding it...

It's a weird one really and would be dependant on the situation... As these single supports have to work harder to hold the ride up due to the minimalistic approach... Think it's just the way they went about it...

If it was more solid, it would probably have more fatigue in the Fury case... A rather weird case is Fury...