Bubbleworks

If you think static duck props and a few slow-moving, single-movement animatronics left over from before are "spectacular effects", then I think you are the one on drugs... :rolleyes:I am afraid there are many things you said then that just make absolutely no sense. Are you being sarcastic or something? Seriously, what is your logic behind calling Bubbleworks "sensational and beautiful"?? :DMay I ask, have you ever been on dark rides outside the UK? And do you have a sexual attraction to ducks?

May I ask, have you ever been on dark rides outside the UK? And do you have a sexual attraction to ducks?

Expanding on from this.... have you ever been on Gardaland's water dark ride (with the odd name), sorry, but it rapes Bubbleworks in every way possible. Its Disney standard, if not better.

There will be a lot of repainting, no doubt, and a few minor changes, just like every year (although I don't think it's been painted properly since 2006). Though obviously we won't see anything major until the park decide to do the attraction justice and more importantly, the all important budget to do it. ;)

Polishing a turd then?

Exactly what I thought the other day. Ah well.

I have had a few updates over this years closed season, and a couple of touchups have been made. Small parts are looking slightly fresher.

Me too, though didn't want to come accross as a know-it-all. I think you're underestimating the amount of work people put in to things like this which will go mostly unnoticed by the average guest. Again, not to expect anything dramatically different, but there are people at the parks who do things like this each year without any, or very little recognition.

Me too, though didn't want to come accross as a know-it-all. I think you're underestimating the amount of work people put in to things like this which will go mostly unnoticed by the average guest. Again, not to expect anything dramatically different, but there are people at the parks who do things like this each year without any, or very little recognition.

Yes. no one ever noticed my fantastic fence painting at Toadies a couple of years back ;)

• 1 month later...

Ok.. I hate to say this but erm..,......Bubbleworks was actually good yesterday. :P Yeah I know, it has no Professor Burp anymore but the ride seemed to have been touched this year. A few things have started moving again, the lighting has been improved greatly, particularly in the Foutain Finale and a lot of the old music has returned including the amazing station music. So whilst it's still been slightly perverted, it did look like some attention to detail has returned over the closed season, well done Chessie :P

I'm still skeptical (naturally)...I just don't think it can ever go back towards the original... It's been screwed over, it cannot simply get over that...Of course, I will probably regress age mentally since the Thomas the Tank Engine theme did that to me at Drayton...

Ok.. I hate to say this but erm..,......Bubbleworks was actually good yesterday. :P Yeah I know, it has no Professor Burp anymore but the ride seemed to have been touched this year. A few things have started moving again, the lighting has been improved greatly, particularly in the Foutain Finale and a lot of the old music has returned including the amazing station music. So whilst it's still been slightly perverted, it did look like some attention to detail has returned over the closed season, well done Chessie :P

Great news.. Just found a video of it on youtube, Great to hear a lot of the music back and glad to here the old fountain finale music again!!!!!! Lighting looks great.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzptX-17Sw4 Edited by mattgwise

• Mark9 featured and unfeatured this topic