Park Music

humjosh

^^ Yeah mate, I wouldn't risk it, if you go ahead with it make sure you get permission from Thorpe Park or which ever park is relevent. You'd also need the permission of Midnight Syndicate / Lionsgate for uploading a variety of FN music. Otherwise, it's illegal.And, on a music related note, I really dislike the FN09 music. It's all far too same-y and created a SAW atmosphere throughout the park, which annoyed me, bearing in mind that each park area and ride has it's own FN music that fits a lot better than just SAW III soundtrack.

^^ Yeah mate, I wouldn't risk it, if you go ahead with it make sure you get permission from Thorpe Park or which ever park is relevent. You'd also need the permission of Midnight Syndicate / Lionsgate for uploading a variety of FN music. Otherwise, it's illegal.And, on a music related note, I really dislike the FN09 music. It's all far too same-y and created a SAW atmosphere throughout the park, which annoyed me, bearing in mind that each park area and ride has it's own FN music that fits a lot better than just SAW III soundtrack.

I agree to a certain extent, except I absolutely loved the Stealth Plaza theme at FN09. It really built up an electric atmosphere, and I have such a great memory of those visits.

I agree to a certain extent, except I absolutely loved the Stealth Plaza theme at FN09. It really built up an electric atmosphere, and I have such a great memory of those visits.

I'll agree there. That said, if Stealth actually had had a proper soundtrack pre FN09, I might think differently. I hated the music on Colossus, it's Station track at FN was brilliant, why change it to that SAW rubbish? Also the lost city track was just downright annoying, I'd have the FN07 or 08 Colossus music back as the area backing track any day. The use of SAW music at the end of the night was also, in my opinion a big mistake, FN has it's own entrance theme and park theme, it's a brilliant piece, so why fix it if it ain't broke?

^ The SAW one was terrible compared to the Midnight Syndicate piece. Also project link seems to have stopped them using the FN entrance music all day which quite annoyed me, as back in 07 there was such a great atmosphere created as you saw all the rides infront of you as you walked over the bridge with that music playing...

Thorpes audio is great. One of the perks of the park. The sound system they have isn't however. Rush/Vortex could really do with some bigger and better speakers. Those little ones always sound like they are dieing/ over loud for what they can take and they don't cover very far in the loud enviroment. Amity needs the speakers turned on or fixed. I noticed only 2 of the 8 area ones work. So you get dead spots. I swear they were all working at the start of 2009. Infernos Volcano ones? I've never heard them and there is no atmosphere up there. Perhaps they would be a good fix, no?Saw has the best setup. The speakers are raised, the better ones. And it covers the whole queue well. Finally Canada Creek, beyond the railway there is no audio. I've always thought it would be good to carry on the Western tunes all the way up to Slammer/Toilet area. Thats also a dead atmosphere spot. Loose whatever Slammer plays and also have that as the same songs. The louder the better too. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to add a few high level themed speakers up that end.

Well first of all, yes Amity Coves speakers were all working at the start of season. In regards to The Volcano, those speakers used to have their own zone I believe, but that zone was deleted or lost and is now quite a big fix. Or at least theyre just not connected anymore.CCR Station has a pair of the loudest Bose 802's on Park. So to say it has no audio baffles me, however your idea of brining 5,6,7,8 & Rhinestone Cowboy to Slammer is just silly. Imagine queueing for Slammer listening to that! Wheres the tension? Wheres the build up to the Full Throttle,Rotting Freefall Experience of Slammer!? You need to think about that one.

I'm not sure if it was designed to be like this, but when the dispatch music is used properly, I love it when the outside queueline loop cuts out, and the dispatch music echoes throughout the area. That has so much drama to it and I wold love for there to be a special effects sequence out in the main queue to go with it to signify a train being dispatched.*Haha, the dreamer in me gets carried away!*I forgot to say I was talking about Inferno!

I'm not sure if it was designed to be like this, but when the dispatch music is used properly, I love it when the outside queueline loop cuts out, and the dispatch music echoes throughout the area. That has so much drama to it and I wold love for there to be a special effects sequence out in the main queue to go with it to signify a train being dispatched.*Haha, the dreamer in me gets carried away!*I forgot to say I was talking about Inferno!

The Inferno dispatch music is not at all designed to be heard in the queueline and general area. The Inferno theme however, is.The problem is that the dispatch track has to be pressed by the operator to activate it as a train leaves the station. This cuts out all the other audio and the pressed track plays instead. It also leaves the track open to operators who can't be bothered to activate the track too.Originally, the audio track was programmed to kick in as a train was dispatched. This is why the audio no longer passes through the bass cannons too,

Wasn't it the entrance playing inferno, with some crappy sound effects in the queueline? Then the epic dispatch automatically played.As much as I love the entrance track playing in the station, its a shame to lose the automatic dispatch, and I personally hate it playing in the area (same with Colossus!). Who the sodding hell designed the failure which is project link? :angry:

Ahh thanks for the clarification Neil! It was a lot better when it was automatic, as like you said, some operators don't do it, even team leaders don't do it when I've seen them operate.

Yes, it's a shame the audio has to rely on staff, even the Tidal Wave church bell can easily be activated, but isn't. I always thought it would be a nice touch for operators to hit that effect on the hour.In regard to Inferno, yes there were general queueline sound effects (which can still sometimes be heard near the Inferno shop), you're right Peter and anyone remember the rumbling effect from the volcano queue line speakers? I hope one day they fix those small details too, as they suprisingly did with the volcano mist last season.

Well first of all, yes Amity Coves speakers were all working at the start of season. In regards to The Volcano, those speakers used to have their own zone I believe, but that zone was deleted or lost and is now quite a big fix. Or at least theyre just not connected anymore.CCR Station has a pair of the loudest Bose 802's on Park. So to say it has no audio baffles me, however your idea of brining 5,6,7,8 & Rhinestone Cowboy to Slammer is just silly. Imagine queueing for Slammer listening to that! Wheres the tension? Wheres the build up to the Full Throttle,Rotting Freefall Experience of Slammer!? You need to think about that one.

I agree, Slammer is a great attraction, and with the current soundtrack, offers a very tense queueing / ride experience for first timers. If the cheesy country theme was carried up to Slammer, that whole effect would be lost completely.