Park Music

humjosh

I like the chart music at the entrance and I'm not chav/scum. It makes a nice change, it suits the target audience waaaay more and I think it makes a good start to the day, with lively and popular music. There is nothing wrong with the entrance theme but I often heard typical guests saying "Why are they playing this random boring music?" and stuff like that. Chart music can be sung along to and danced to which makes people happy, which makes their day better :D

When I first read there would be chart music at the entrance I was a bit annoyed, but thinking about it, the entrance theme for me is actually kind of boring, and so a change sounds really good! - I have yet to hear it myself, but hope to soon. I guess it's all about their target audience too and what they might like... any particular tracks they play? - I presume it's music in the charts 2009 + ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hiii guys, first post on a theme park related forum for many years, what the hell happened to TPG?! Anyway, moving on -One question, I worked at Thorpe for many seasons, and one season I was a ride op, in canada creek, the song, "This Old House" who sung that version of the song?! Many different artists have released it, including Shakin' Stevens!

Only for like 10 seconds!

You mean only 10 seconds of it was played? No, it was definitely playing all the way through and I heard it loop a number of times. I was queueing for the front row which meant I was in the station for longer. Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Chessington often borrow each other's music for events like these or even for rides.