Park Music

humjosh

Thorpe is a theme park, therefore it should have its own soundtracks. The entrance theme fits Thorpe perfectly, theme parks are supposed to be about magic and escapism. What escapism do you get from hearing the crap that you hear in Asda or on The Hits?The unfortunate thing is, the majority of people who visit Thorpe happen to be into all that sort of stuff so all they're doing really is appealing to their audience. It's a shame they're ruining the atmosphere by doing so.

People are saying that the Entrance Music is there to build up excitement and escapism. While this is all well and true, I feel that normal chart music will appeal to Thorpe's Audience.This Music will be the catalyst of getting people excited and 'hyped up'. Nobody really pays attention to the Entrance Music, unless your a fanboy/girl.Afterall, the internal Area/Ride Themes haven't been replaced, if anything those themes build the excitement and escapism more than the Entrance Theme.The Skyline from the Car Park creates excitement really well in itself anyway, for regular guests.

It's a shame to see the entrance music go, but I'm sure I will get over it. Let's be honest, it doesn't fit in with Thorpe's target audience or the new 'extreme' brand! As long as they don't start phasing out all the ride themes then I'll be happy. But let's not mention that - I can actully see Thorpe blasting out the Ace of Spades around the stealth area :rolleyes:

I honestly believe they have intentions of completing their original plans for the station audio in which the flute music would play during loading, then the dispatch theme would play via the original sensor and through the cannons. I believe the queue theme was put in there as a consolation, but the flute music returned this year in preparation.If it's not fixed soon then hopefully they'll just bring back the queue theme to the station.

I remember when the ride opened that people were saying the ride needed a loading theme to play as the station was silent a lot of the time, especially on one train operation, which lead to a dull station atmosphere.Obviously the park tried to address this but some silly billy broke the link :D

I remember when the ride opened that people were saying the ride needed a loading theme to play as the station was silent a lot of the time, especially on one train operation, which lead to a dull station atmosphere.Obviously the park tried to address this but some silly billy broke the link :D

They were fools frankly! The Dispatch theme cut right through that station perfectly and got everyone attention. When they started adding music to the station, Inferno just wasn't as good.

No, no. Why must they play rubbish Chart music. I liked the original entrance theme, as mentioned earlier it really does scream amusement park :D .

To be fair I think around 10K averaged on the day would say 'I liked the chart music' As chart music is in the chart for a reason. Its popular. I don't see Thorpe Park Entrace & Bridge Music number 1 :D

No, no. Why must they play rubbish Chart music. I liked the original entrance theme, as mentioned earlier it really does scream amusement park :D .

I personally love it. There's enough themed music in the park, the chart music sets up the park as a fun, care-free day out. Theme music in an unthemed area just doens't connect together.