Jamie_Hk

Adventure Island - Southend

Rage. The only reason I go there. :lol:

Rage is actually a pretty good ride, considering that it's at a fun fair type amusement park...in Southend.It actually is a fairly decent ride.

I really like Southend although it is best not to make it the be all and end all of your trip. Alex, me and a few of our friends normally make a trip down there every December and tend to spend some time on the rides, a few hours in the town and a walk along the Pier.I do like Adventure Island though, Dragons Claw is very very good, as the Scorpion and the big Turtle ride. Yet to ride Rage though.

I love adventure island my favorite rides are Rage, green scream archelon(the big turtle) Vortex, Scopion. I normaly go there once a year with my school it is the best coastle theme park. I have ever been to. I shall continue going when I have left school.

I try to make at least one visit a year to AI. Great place and Rage is pretty decent. They have great filler attractions as well which make it a fun place to go. For a seaside amusement park it's really good.

Scopion is leaving the park either tonight or in the next couple of days to get fixed. They had a problem with it and they are sending it back to the makers so no scopion for a while :angry: .

I just realised,On the Adventure Island website, on the vortex page, it says.

Are you ready for the cyclonic forces of the raging Vortex?

Which is what it says on Vortex at Thorpe Park, right? ;)

Here is my trip from hell trying to get to Adventure island today.Today was a day from hell. I was ment to be going to Adventure island with my school but only got half way. We waited for the coach for 2 hours to arrive when it eventually arrived we got half way there and the coach broke down. We waited for half hour for a replacement coach to take us back to school, so we never got to go to Adventure island today . But we are going there next Tuesday . So today has been a day from hell.

that could not be asked to pick us up.

ARSED! They couldn't be arsed to pick you up! Argh, sorry, that is just a mistake that has ground my gears for years. :huh:

Did anyone go to Fright Fantastic this year if you did was it good because I didnt go to busy going to Thorpe lol and has anyone been on the new ride Over The Hill?

Did anyone go to Fright Fantastic this year if you did was it good because I didnt go to busy going to Thorpe lol and has anyone been on the new ride Over The Hill?

No sorry. Do you know much about this new ride?

Nope all I know it is better then the other dark ride they had there and it is ment for older people not for little kids like the other one was ment for.

I presume the rebuild will be done during the quiet period after the Easter holidays are over. The current chain and cars are being used on the new build, so it can't be tested until the old one has come down, and the park obviously won't want it to close during the holidays.