New Logo Discussion

coasterfreak23

• JoshC. changed the title to New Logo Discussion

With the new logo coming, makes sense to have a thread for it.

3 hours ago, coasterfreak23 said:

Found on twitter and Instagram. Thoughts

Clearly this is a fan made idea. I don't see it happening.

In saying that, I don't hate the idea of the coaster track forming that part-infinity shape.

8 hours ago, coasterfreak23 said:

New logo has dropped! 

Adobe_Express_20231108_2214500_1.png

Okay, this is obviously you creating your own ideas and sharing them. 

It's nice that you're creating your own ideas, but this isn't the platform for that, especially if you're saying it *is* the new logo. That's verging on spam.

So please let's stop that. 

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Whatever it is I’m expecting next years version to have an exclusively gold overlay.

I think the park said in their passholder group that the logo won't be exclusively gold. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a Hyperia inspired logo though, which would probably be gold.

I know it’s a different park, but Alton Towers have always created a slightly modified version of their logo to fit whatever the new ride of the year is whenever they’ve built something major. Over the years, we’ve had the orange version of the logo for Wicker Man, the yellow and black swirly version for The Smiler, the green version for Thirteen, and the purple version for The Curse at Alton Manor, and that’s just off the top of my head…

With this in mind, I wouldn’t mind betting that Thorpe might have an edited version of the logo specifically for Hyperia’s opening year.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they clarified that they are staying as Thorpe Park in the comments so no major name alternations. I think the main branding is going to move away from island theme to a feel good vibe, also straying away from extreme thrills marketing. 

In terms of the logo, I think anything is possible really. I feel like they may use lots of vibrant pastel colours to represent the relaxed, feel good vibe and maybe implement a piece of coaster track into the logo.

In all honesty I have no idea what they could do, I was personally a fan of the island theme as it made the park unique and felt like it didn’t need changing. As they say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But regardless it is good to see that thorpe park are taking care in the future of their brand and identity.

Well DBGT is the future of theme parks so I’m sure that’ll come under the Future video.

I’m enjoying these videos too 😊 very nicely done and interesting to see!

Really positive to see the park fully acknowledging the problem with all the “darkness” surrounding everything in recent years since Saw.  The focus on a brighter future sounds very good to me.

It’s great that they are aware and slagging off previous teams and management from the not too distant past 😂 

However, unless this announcement cements their brand. What’s not to say that it doesn’t return to the old ways in 5 years time? They are so choppy and changey and have been for the past 10 years.

1 minute ago, ML27 said:

However, unless this announcement cements their brand. What’s not to say that it doesn’t return to the old ways in 5 years time? They are so choppy and changey and have been for the past 10 years.

tbf a new logo requires a bit more effort, money, change, etc. So that help justify keeping the change and not going back.

I think the bigger thing, which admittedly is harder to know unless you're aware of these things, is that the senior management at the park has been stable for a good period of time now. In the 2010s, especially the latter half, there was a lot of chop and change at the top, and that was reflected in the brand identity, vision and so forth. Hopefully the stability in the senior management continues, meaning they're singing from the same hymn sheet, if you will.