Music

Phill

*Screams like a beyotch*Oh my god! You didn't just insult GODGA ^^She writes her own songs and they are lyrically catchy and well-written to suit her target market. She co-produces her songs and has the ideas in her head. RedOne is one of her producers and when he works with other artists, his music sounds generic and repetitive. But when he works with Gaga, she brings out the best in him. She has re-invented herself and her sound with each album. And after hearing what is a remixed preview of a new song; she is coming hard and this album will be amazing.She mixes fashion with art and music. She re-invented Pop music and music videos and because of her, everyone is stepping up their game. She brought the Electro-Pop and Dance-Pop genre back into the mainstream market and has paved the way for Ke$ha, Rihanna (LOUD), Usher (OMG & DJ Got Us Falling In Love), Will.I.am (The E.N.D and Beginning) & Black Eyed Peas, Ne-Yo (Beautiful Monster), Dance-Hop (Flo Rida & David Guetta), Saturdays (Ego & Higher) and tons more artists. Her first album was electro-pop, her second / EP was electro-pop / dark electro-pop and this third album is dubbed as a whole new genre, fusing disco, funk, rock, metal, futuristic pop and God knows what else, to make an epic album.She's creative, intelligent, educated in a multitude of areas such as Psychology, Spirituality, Politics and Social Issues and she is a modern-day advocator for the LGBT community and her Little Monsters and she is not known for her beautiful looks but instead her fantastic vocal ability, piano skills, composing skills and knowledge of theatrics. She doesn't care about being rich but nearly went bankrupt multiple times just to put together the Monster Ball and re-invent again.That's why she so "good"!!

*Screams like a beyotch*Oh my god! You didn't just insult GODGA ^^She writes her own songs and they are lyrically catchy and well-written to suit her target market.

Oh my God, has the music industry gone so far downhill to the point where this is a rarity? This is one of the most basic attribute all decent artists should have anyway, otherwise you're just another corporate puppet.

She co-produces her songs and has the ideas in her head.

*see above point*

She has re-invented herself and her sound with each album.

Well she's only made two albums for a start (and they're both of a pretty similar style anyway), and once again this is true of most serious artists.

She mixes fashion with art and music.

(Until you go out wearing a meat dress)

She re-invented Pop music and music videos

Please explain how? Whilst they are good by today's standards, they've hardly 're-invented' the whole music-video idea, there were always equally insteresting and probably way more thought out videos out there.

She brought the Electro-Pop and Dance-Pop genre back into the mainstream market and has paved the way for Ke$ha, Rihanna (LOUD), Usher (OMG & DJ Got Us Falling In Love), Will.I.am (The E.N.D and Beginning) & Black Eyed Peas, Ne-Yo (Beautiful Monster), Dance-Hop (Flo Rida & David Guetta), Saturdays (Ego & Higher) and tons more artists. Her first album was electro-pop, her second / EP was electro-pop / dark electro-pop and this third album is dubbed as a whole new genre, fusing disco, funk, rock, metal, futuristic pop and God knows what else, to make an epic album.

I'm sorry but all those artists are truly awful. And please explain to me why fusing genre's is special now that Gaga is supposedly doing it? It's really not... it's what most memorable and classic albums require if pulled off successfully, and whilst if it is it sounds very special you can't just claim to have made a new genre because you happen to have more than one influence, I'm afraid that's just very naive fanboy talk. (if it could I'd be totally plugging Muse right now since they do better than anyone IMO)

She's creative, intelligent, educated in a multitude of areas such as Psychology, Spirituality, Politics and Social Issues and she is a modern-day advocator for the LGBT community and her Little Monsters and she is not known for her beautiful looks but instead her fantastic vocal ability, piano skills, composing skills and knowledge of theatrics. She doesn't care about being rich but nearly went bankrupt multiple times just to put together the Monster Ball and re-invent again.

So what? It shocks me that being known as smart, educated and actually just caring about music and your fans is what gets you praised like a God nowadays, just highlights everything that's going wrong with multiple industries. For the record, I do like Gaga and enjoy her music but I really don't get how it's got to the point where she's apparently become an icon of modern day music history just by conducting her career via common sense and the way most modern artists should have been doing all along if they wanted to ever be remembered.

^ Totally agree. She's had some catchy pop songs, wears 'different' (some may argue unique, but meh) clothes and becomes a sensation. Personally, I don't really like her songs - they're not my 'thing'. She's just another artist doing her thing the way she thinks is best. People like her for one reason or another, and that's fair enough, but I don't see what all this 'she's a God / legend / icon' who-har is about...