Music

Phill

I've kind of gone made and deleted everything on my iTunes due to hatred of my old stuff. So I've now gone and rebuilt my library and thanks to iTunes genius and my friend I have become a fan of John Mayer and Alice Gold :closedeyes:John Mayer- Edge of Desire is my favourite on BattleStudies.

Alice Gold - End of the World and Cry Cry Cry.

American music will never have the sheer passion, wittiness, and freshness UK artists are adorned with. That said, there are a lot of over-hyped British artists at the moment.Case in point: Lady GaGa's new song, 'You & I' is okay. Only 'okay. Put a lovely British spin on it from Mark Taylor (of Quite A Lot Of Things fame) and it's amazing. Besides, now you can line-dance to it. THIS IS V IMPORTANT TO POP LOVERS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6lkPvnienYLady GaGa loved it so much it is part of the 'You & I' iTunes bundle and a B-side for the physical release.

American music will never have the sheer passion, wittiness, and freshness UK artists are adorned with.

That's a pretty naive view that probably has more to the way the labels work than the artists. Most of the smaller 'passionate' artists spread through word of mouth. Once they spread to the UK from America, they are probably going to be pretty big. Meanwhile, the labels just pick the most accessible songs so of course you are going to hear those more.Animal Collective, Vampire Weekend, Best Coast, Death Cab for Cutie, Foster the People, Grizzly Bear, Warpaint and LCD Soundsystem are examples off the top of my head.

I never thought You & I would be a hit but it's a very good and it demonstrates off her powerhouse vocals, which only works in her favour. But...I love this new upbeat edit. I loved the video and I thought it was very creative that Laurianne choreographed a routine to....a balladI like the UK iTunes charts atm, not a lot of US artists on the top 10. I will threw a screwy if any of David Guetta's new songs get to number one and I can't wait till US start playing Someone Like You on the radio.Gaga, Beyonce and Adele are all performing on the MTV VMA's 2011 on Aug 28th, which I will be up till 1/2am watching...so excited

That's a pretty naive view that probably has more to the way the labels work than the artists. Most of the smaller 'passionate' artists spread through word of mouth. Once they spread to the UK from America, they are probably going to be pretty big. Meanwhile, the labels just pick the most accessible songs so of course you are going to hear those more.Animal Collective, Vampire Weekend, Best Coast, Death Cab for Cutie, Foster the People, Grizzly Bear, Warpaint and LCD Soundsystem are examples off the top of my head.

Goodness me, what brain fog does to me... :blush: I must apologise I barely even remember writing that, because if I did I wouldn't have written it... :lol: Vair confusehhhd.

Great bands at Reading Festival, too bad the crowd were complete idiots most of the time as expected. A circle of death during a soundcheck in the dance tent? Seems smart.

I swear one year mosh pits will form in the alternative stage for a comedian... Reading is just full of nutters. :D