Music

Phill

You think you know euphoric?

These guys are truly awesome. This song in particularly was written when their relationship meant that no Swedish label would sign them, because apparently it made them hard to market. so they traded up and whilst Geffen Records are hardly the best label out there, that doesn't detract from their music.It's the first song from their first album and boy, doesn't it just proclaim their arrival in The World of Euphoric Pop? The first line in particular is filled with hope, aspiration and longing to simply be accepted somewhere. The entire album is produced with electronic sounds, but the beauty of it is that behind all the mechanics, the emotions here feel almost alive, clutching at some glimmer of a promise that I don't think I've ever heard in such profound proportions in a pop song before.Here's another of their songs:

They just hit the nail on the shiny, glitteringly synthesised head. Every single time.

^This was one of my main irks with 'No More Idols'. It was an ambitious project, and considering all variables Chase & Status did a damn good job with the tools they had, but it sounds much more like a UKF compilation album than any kind of cohesive effort. Almost every song features a guest act who provides the vocals for Chase & Status' productions, Graw. There are only two members of Chase & Status, but an entire album of vocal-less tracks would only segue into an hour-long marathon of electronic synthesisers and drum machine loops. I guess the overuse of the guest acts are to achieve the slightly more commercial sound for a good section of the album, and then keeping their own style for the rest.

A lot of the people I know who play FIFA 12 find this song funny. Mostly because of the lyrics, but they don't seem to take it seriously because of the lyrics like I'm a badman'. Personally, I actually really like this song, and unlike my friends, I think the lyrics (even if they are a bit unusual) and the more drum and bass orientated parts are very good. Whilst I was sleeping round a friends house, I found my self rather bored at various points in the night/morning and listened to it whilst trying to beat my high score or Doodle Jump. I've never really listened to Chase and Status, but if this song is anything to go by, then I should start doing so pretty sharpish!

Was lucky enough to find this lurking under the tree on Sunday:Posted ImageIMO Midnight Syndicate's best work yet, it has a bit of a different façade in terms of sounds and instrumentation, but is still traditional Syndicate underneath. Love it, would urge anyone who has liked the music of theirs played at Fright Nights to give it a listen!Also there...Posted Image...Was this. It was a surprise but a great one! Featuring themes from Fallout 3 and MW2 to Zelda, Mario and even Angry Birds - excellent fun!*plugs in headphones* :)

I really don't get Lana Del Rey? I've said before that I think she has the voice of an angel and could sing the phone-book and it'd still have the untouched beauty of a siren's call, but by she doesn't half sound like the most bored person on earth when she sings. 'Video Games' was just tedious balladry and 'Day At The Races' was downright bizarre!I've grown to like 'Born To Die' though, if I'm not watching the video; her obsession with American fantasy is a little irritating.

I recently got into coldplay, again. But the prospekt march edition of viva la vida was a good buy, and I love life in technicolour ii, its just what I wanted the instrumental to be and always puts a huge grin on my face :DWeird how I post things like this on a THEME PARK forum, but meh.. it passess the time quick.

What do you think of Dubstep?:)

Really don't mean to be pedantic but this has always struck me and now seems a decent time to bring it up:Maybe it's the way forward? I'm sure in the 18th century when Classical music was big, they would not classify rapping or r&b as music if they were to hear it. Maybe as times change, we will adapt to the likes of Dubstep and in time electronic music will be the norm. Yeah, it is a load of samples put together with a beat, but I honestly think in the relatively near future, Dubstep and Drum&Bass will become usual. In the 30's or 40's they had singers like Frank Sinatra and I'm certain his songs are nothing like the ones we listen to today written by a women wearing a dress made of meat and a telephone on her head... I respect your opinion Lauren, and I'm honestly not objecting to anything you say, I just thought that this would be a decent time to bring up what I've always pondered over. As times change, so does the mainstream music genre. Over time, I reckon that Electronic music will become more popular and the likes of Lady Gaga or JLS will be 'old' music.

Dubstep and electronic music can be big. I remember being a fan of dance and dance-pop in '06 and getting ripped for liking what was essentially an underground genre.Pop music will always be popular. Pop music has evolved throughout the ages and will continue to evolve.

Edited by Will

I respect you guys' opinions too, and I'm sorry if I came across very rudely by saying what I did, it's just because I'm very opinionated and I find it hard to see both sides of the opinions. :P

I only mentioned it because it seemed like the right moment :D Tbh Dubstep is a load of samples put together with a beat, but for some reason it sounds really good. In a strange way you could argue how plucking strings that make different notes in a particular order is music too :D I would really like to see Electronic music of all kinds become more popular because with it being played in clubs and dance venues worldwide, it seems weird that the general public (of my age at least) never seem to listen to this genre very much!