Computers

Marc

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're a huge step forward. They look fantastic and eliminate a huge load of issues Apple used to encounter. The Nano's don't come with a speaker, the iPod Touch does. However I'm upset with the new Touch, as you might as well go full out and get an iPhone. The new Nano now has an accelerometer, which enables cover flow to be used far easier, plus a wider screen when you watch films. The old Nano's screen was poor in comparison. The colour range is fantastic, what a way to grasp your target audience! The teen market is huge, many wish to own an iPod that says something about themselves, and the use of colour does just that. Its far better than the pastel colour they introduced to us last year. Also, the size of the thing is gorgeous! Perfectly shaped for holding and using. You can even use the menu without looking at the screen, the menu is able to be spoken to you via the earphones. Allowing a hands free selection!Not only that, but the 16GB capacity took me by surprise, all of that is able to hold so much, its truly a fabulous step forward for Apple. Oh, and as for the 'shake to shuffle' option, they only made use of the accelerometer further, they didnt have to include it. But they did. So with or without - it'd still be a fantastic product that I'm sure will be a bestseller.You may be confusing built in speakers with the mic on the headset, this was taken from iPhones and you can now use the mic to record memos and store them onto the Nano. Also! They're super environmentally friendly!I dont see how anyone can say anything bad about this product. Whats wrong with it? It does what existing ipods do and more?

Order Items Quantity Item Price Item TotaliPod nano 8GB BlackPart Number: MB754ZO/A 1 £92.77 £92.77 Order Subtotal: £92.77Free Shipping: £0.00VAT: £16.23 Total: £109.00MEH !

Another s**t quality speaker to listen to on buses! Thank god I drive!

So do the new Nanos come with the headphones with a mic or is this an added extra which you of course, wont get cheap!

You've ordered the damn thing so you obviously like it, therefore please stop f**king moaning about stupid ****y little things. It's like you're still trying to be the cool dude waving the 'I HATE APPLE' flag, yet sneaking off to listen to your new iPod every now and then hoping nobody notices.

You've ordered the damn thing so you obviously like it, therefore please stop f**king moaning about stupid ****y little things. It's like you're still trying to be the cool dude waving the 'I HATE APPLE' flag, yet sneaking off to listen to your new iPod every now and then hoping nobody notices.

I actually ordered a nano which as far as I'm aware dont have a crappy inbuilt speaker?And yea addons are a rip off, dont mean I cant buy it?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here had any luck with Apple Support? I brought a 20" iMac with 500GB hard drive with 2GB of RAM, and so far it's been such a great piece of kit, but it came at a price - and quite frankly it's a complete joke when I've paid over £1,000 for it and all I get support wise is 3 months (from the date I brought it, note, so it took 2 weeks to arrive so I have instantly lost time out of it), and even still it's a bit wishy washy, with only 8 am - 7.45 pm opening hours! In comparison, I brought a domain with 1&1 for £6 a year back, and yet I get 24 hours, 7 days a week support, whatever it is! More to the point though, the problems I've been having is that Bluetooth isn't connecting to any devices I try with it, for no apparent reason, just throws error messages back at me. Another problem is that CD's have been jamming in the CD tray; looks like it's damaged them slightly as well. Other software issues like the screen scrambling in Expose, hanging on startup (it used to start up and be on desktop within 10 seconds, now it's more like 1 minute, even with a lot of disk space left), shutting off programs for no apparent reasons, and in fact it's even totally locked up twice, and having to pull the plug out as it's just stopped dead in it's tracks.Anyone have any ideas what I should ask for, if so ask for a replacement? :) Just I think it's a bit of a joke having such a hefty price tag and getting rubbish customer service, and issues appearing little over a month after buying it and it getting delivered!

Not heard of your issues before. Your iMac is covered for a year (if it breaks, they'll repair it), you just only get 3 months PHONE support. The best thing to do is to book a place at the Genius bar at the Apple store, and you can explain your problems to them, and they'll sit down with you and diagnosis what's on. If necessary they'll do a repair there and then, and tell you to come back later on to pick it up.Apple customer support is the best of any company, ever, they'll be happy to fix / ask any questions you have. My MacBook was repaired there and then in a heartbeat, no questions asked. http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/