Rant

Theme Park bloke

TPM. - Just full of hierarchy where rep is used as a bitching tool and where friends form groups against others.People who over-react and think using power over someone is the solution to a confrontational situation.People who pass judgement completely missing the point of something, I mean don't get involoved, or bitch, or dig if you don't undersand the whole story.EXPLAINING ALL MY IN JOKES UNNECESSARILY

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to cause any offence with the "darling" comment, I think you've blown it way out of proportion.It just seemed a bit random to come out with what you said about TPM in your post, and perhaps it would have been better to address your issues personally to a staff member? It seems a bit rude to publicly accuse others of using rep as a bitching tool when I'm sure the majority, if not all, use it correctly. The forums have been peaceful for the past few months with very few issues, and people are getting along fine. So it's quite upsetting and shocking to see accusations of friends forming groups against others.

TPM. - Just full of hierarchy where rep is used as a bitching tool and where friends form groups against others.People who over-react and think using power over someone is the solution to a confrontational situation.People who pass judgement completely missing the point of something, I mean don't get involoved, or bitch, or dig if you don't undersand the whole story.EXPLAINING ALL MY IN JOKES UNNECESSARILY

Nah. Sorry Rattle, don't buy that at all. Heirachy is the admins or mods telling you what you can and can not like (AKA Theme Park Review). Repping someone is not establishing a hierachy over someone. People make friends with other people, I don't see any war of groups on TPM particularly. Might be happening away from TPM but then that is nothing to do with the forum or website.No one has warned or banned anyone to solve a confrontational situation. We warn and ban when is needed, not unnecessarily.Judgement is personal to everyone. I don't particularly like dead cats appearing on my facebook wall either, even if I'm only seeing half the story.

^I'm not anyone's real life 'friend' here; never been to a meet, not facebook friends, don't skype / I.M. anyone, drop into chat quite infrequently etc. I am an outsider, yet I never feel like I'm excluded, I always feel welcome and to come and go as I please and join in on any discussion that's going on. The odd little in joke or meme pops up that I don't get, so that bit of discussion is not for me.A year or so ago, when this place nearly imploded for some indeterminable reasons, there was a little bit of this unpleasantness going on between a few members and some of the moding was a bit erratic. But that's been dealt with, it's gone. I don't see any hierarchy other than the mods being in a position to do their moding over others (as they should), and the mods are great.Oh, and If you have to explain your joke it is a poorly told joke. Know your audience.

Tommy, you can't really talk about people being judgmental, because you seem to have already formed an opinion about me, posting all sorts of standoffish posts in response to mine... I don't find your constant comments about Liam and I getting together very amusing at all.. But anyway. TPM is generally a friendly place, with responsible mods and people usually get on, so I don't know what you're chatting about there being friend groups against each other. At the end of the day, it's just a website. I know I've been involved in arguments with various members in the past, but is it really worth causing drama on a theme-park based forum? If your answer to that question is yes, then why are you really on here? To start arguments or contribute to discussions? I'm sorry if this post has been construed as rude, or offensive to other members, but it came to a point when I wanted to say my bit.

This pagePosted ImageI tell you something that annoys me, universities creating courses which have absolutely no actual credit or give you the skills to get out into the world. Take for example this;http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/aug/19/harry-potter-course-durham-universitySorry, but studying things like Harry Potter should be left to the English Literature people, or indeed the Language. Trying to determine social context from it won't help you get a job (which is the main purpose of uni), and this is the main reason why universities were (since with the higher fees, fewer are coming) so full, is because of poxy degrees like this which are absolute crap.

People who keep posting random, horrible pictures of cats on Facebook...

Actually I have come up with a solution to your rant, after a long sleep:Instead of posting on a forum about this person, maybe you should think about if you actually want them to be your friend on facebook, if you don't like what they're posting, or you could talk to them privatley if it's affecting you and they may stop it.

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to cause any offence with the "darling" comment, I think you've blown it way out of proportion.It just seemed a bit random to come out with what you said about TPM in your post, and perhaps it would have been better to address your issues personally to a staff member? It seems a bit rude to publicly accuse others .....

Really dislike this term that is constantly use on the forum when someone has a problem, because again it's patronising, but I can't do anything about it so I'll have to accept that. Thanks for the apology thoughReiterating my point above, maybe you should take some of your own advice because it's actually good!So the cat-pictures comment doesn't count as public abuse? I don't understand why you are not taking your own advice!

Nah. Sorry Rattle, don't buy that at all. Heirachy is the admins or mods telling you what you can and can not like (AKA Theme Park Review). Repping someone is not establishing a hierachy over someone. People make friends with other people, I don't see any war of groups on TPM particularly. Might be happening away from TPM but then that is nothing to do with the forum or website.No one has warned or banned anyone to solve a confrontational situation. We warn and ban when is needed, not unnecessarily.Judgement is personal to everyone. I don't particularly like dead cats appearing on my facebook wall either, even if I'm only seeing half the story.

I take all of these points.

Oh, and If you have to explain your joke it is a poorly told joke. Know your audience.

Fair enough, although this wasn't a joke people were supposed to understand, it was an in-joke so it needed some explaining for the topic to make sense.

Tommy, you can't really talk about people being judgmental, because you seem to have already formed an opinion about me, posting all sorts of standoffish posts in response to mine... I don't find your constant comments about Liam and I getting together very amusing at all.. but it came to a point when I wanted to say my bit.

Lauren, first off you patronise me by calling me 'Tommy', thanks.Lauren, I'm sorry you haven't found my 'Liam and Lauren for life' jokes funny, but I can assure you I have no opinion of you because I don't know you. If you're referring to my 'opinion' in the relationship topic. It was a suggestion that people who cannot commit are 'slags' and not that you were a slag. This comment was proved wrong to me by a number of constructive posts and I do take that back. I don't see how this was an opinion of you? However from your post I think you have been judgemental of me.Your last comment sounds like you have a bit of a grudge against me? Okay.Thanks for all of your posts, if I haven't quoted the whole thing it's either because I agreed with the comments, or they weren't necessary to repeat.A closing point, to those who don't see groups forming, I woke up to a text saying

Seems people are lining up in the rant topic to have a bitch at you

Which sounds like I'm not the only one who sees that there are people against me, although that again is just opinionNo harm is intended by this post, just wanted to clear up some of the comments against me and I have used the same tone as the comments towards me so it is perfectly acceptable.

I tell you something that annoys me, universities creating courses which have absolutely no actual credit or give you the skills to get out into the world. Take for example this;http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/aug/19/harry-potter-course-durham-universitySorry, but studying things like Harry Potter should be left to the English Literature people, or indeed the Language. Trying to determine social context from it won't help you get a job (which is the main purpose of uni), and this is the main reason why universities were (since with the higher fees, fewer are coming) so full, is because of poxy degrees like this which are absolute crap.

I thought that when the fees jumped up, more students would want more practical degrees like Maths, Business, etc. If 70 people are willing to pay for the course and University funding has been slashed then fair enough really. It's sad that UK Universities could turn into the American ones where they charge around the $50,000 mark and it's commonplace to work for the university to lower that figure.

Lauren, first off you patronise me by calling me 'Tommy', thanks.Lauren, I'm sorry you haven't found my 'Liam and Lauren for life' jokes funny, but I can assure you I have no opinion of you because I don't know you. If you're referring to my 'opinion' in the relationship topic. It was a suggestion that people who cannot commit are 'slags' and not that you were a slag. This comment was proved wrong to me by a number of constructive posts and I do take that back. I don't see how this was an opinion of you? However from your post I think you have been judgemental of me.Your last comment sounds like you have a bit of a grudge against me? Okay.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure Tommy's your name? So how is that patronising? Everyone calls you it...I'm just saying how I've interpreted your posts, and if I have misinterpreted them, then I'm sorry. At the time, it seemed as though you were aiming it specifically at me. I think I acted reasonably, as it wasn't made clear who you was aiming the whole "slag" thing at. I have no grudge against, you, I don't even know you, I just get overly defensive when someone pisses me off. Don't try and turn this all back on me though...

Firstly, I'm pretty sure Tommy's your name? So how is that patronising? Everyone calls you it...I'm just saying how I've interpreted your posts, and if I have misinterpreted them, then I'm sorry. At the time, it seemed as though you were aiming it specifically at me. I think I acted reasonably, as it wasn't made clear who you was aiming the whole "slag" thing at. I have no grudge against, you, I don't even know you, I just get overly defensive when someone pisses me off. Don't try and turn this all back on me though...

No, my name is Thomas, Tommy implies a younger person maybe even a child, so that is the way I'm just saying how I've interpreted your post, and if I have misinterpreted it, then I'm sorry.I wasn't 'aiming' the slag comment at anyone. If I pissed you off you could've spoken to me about resolving the issue so it wouldn't happen again, just an idea for the future.

No, my name is Thomas, Tommy implies a younger person maybe even a child, so that is the way I'm just saying how I've interpreted your post, and if I have misinterpreted it, then I'm sorry.I wasn't 'aiming' the slag comment at anyone. If I pissed you off you could've spoken to me about resolving the issue so it wouldn't happen again, just an idea for the future.

Yeah fair enough. Everyone calls you Tommy, so I just presumed that was your name...