Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Exciting :PI was listening in to a conversation with a ride attendant when I went and he said that on the first bit of the ride (the indoor bit) you play a game.Anyone know what there might be? I'm so excited now :P

At present ride attendants would not know what will be included within the ride unless they where part of the management team. Therefore I wouldn't take it with a pinch of salt.

Ride update on TPM looks great. :P Can't wait.... only 18 days :P. I am really suprised at how quickly progress is being made. It appears that so much work is done, and so many improvements are made in just the small space of a couple of days. I can't see the queue on opening day being that extreme. I for one am going a few days after, during the week, as to hopefully avoid major queues, although you still never know :P. Also, you never know what is going to happen on opening day. I will the give the ride a few days to settle in, and then give it a try.

I imagine opening day will consist of mainly, all the main internet forums. Southparks, Coasterforce, ATA, Towers Times, ECC and RCGB.. It will be busy and there will be an amazing park buzz, to go with the ride. Easter will nodoubt see and unleash the full power of a full queue line. Don't however, expect anything less than 45-60 mins opening day queue line.

I've never actually been to a ride opening within the first week or so, and I'm planning on going on 16th March - d'you reckon the queues will be long enough to warrant getting fastrack? I'm fine with anything up to 90 minutes but anything more than that just seems a waste of time (once made the dire mistake of going in Easter holidays and was forced by friends to queue two and a half hours for Stealth, which I don't even find that great). From experience, if you go on a weekday queues are normally about 30-60 minutes, so what do you think they'll be like for a monday? And also, live actors will probably be definite for fright nights and school holidays but I can't realistically see them being there all the time (especially for days where the queue is more of a walkthrough)!

Stealth was fairly busy opening day, the weeks following-weekdays was walk on. Easter the ride will be very busy and will stay busy through the summer.Stay off Fastrack, remember the more you waste your money on that..the longer and slower all your friends will wait in the main queue! :P

I've never actually been to a ride opening within the first week or so, and I'm planning on going on 16th March - d'you reckon the queues will be long enough to warrant getting fastrack? I'm fine with anything up to 90 minutes but anything more than that just seems a waste of time (once made the dire mistake of going in Easter holidays and was forced by friends to queue two and a half hours for Stealth, which I don't even find that great). From experience, if you go on a weekday queues are normally about 30-60 minutes, so what do you think they'll be like for a monday? And also, live actors will probably be definite for fright nights and school holidays but I can't realistically see them being there all the time (especially for days where the queue is more of a walkthrough)!

Yes but when the queues are walkthrough it might feel like one of the horror mazes?And Neilfever you wont keep your friends in the queue if your friends buy fastrack aswell :P

On my first ride, to be honest, I wouldn't mind a queue of around an hour. Without all the discussions of spectacular theming in the queue line and in the station building, and the recent addition of live actors, I imagine the long queue would be quite entertaining - and definately build up the suspense. I can imagine a great atmosphere inside the station building :P. But after the first ride on it, I don't think I would care for the queue as much, I would just want to get on the ride :P.

Ok for like 8 months ago me and my friends planned to go the 14th becuase I have my annual friday the 13th movie night with mates so yer we diciede tp the next day and we dont care we will fasttrack it so we can get on it then say we done it!!!! But using that extra path for as a scare zone? Unlikly but it would be good!!!Also the police car could be repainted to a normal car as Jigsaw almost dies in a car crash befor ecoming jigsaw (SAW 4 I think) also ploce are main feuture is the film.I am screaming for this ride!!! :-)

yeh just spreading ideasthe new path from the Colossus area by the restaurant when will thaT BE FINISHEDcause I want to get there really quick on the 14th

Firstly do us all a favor and check your grammar.Secondly. Nobody knows, we're not psychic. Ok.Edit: Thankyou Mark :P Edited by JackD
Edited out swear words - Mark9

but compared to the eurofighter at Oakwood wales this one is more extreme and a lot better so it makes sense to make it a 1,4 at thorpe park

Rides aren't given height restrictions based on their intensity or how much better a ride is. Besides how do you know Saw is better then Speed, no-one from the public has ridden Saw yet.

^I agree with that. Also, if the height restriction was 1.3 or less, the ages of people able to go on it would lower. With the age recommendation, this will ward off quite a few you thrill seekers from going on under the age of 12. Aswell as this, some of the general public associate height resrtictions with ride intesity. An example of this would be Nemesis Inferno (1.4) vs. Detty (1.3). Many would assume with a lower restriction, Dettonator would be less intense. I don't know why as I found it a hell of a lot intense than Nemesis Inferno. The height restriction of 1.4 keeps Saw, in the eyes of the general public, in the Extreme Thrills category. Regardless of whether it needs to have it or not.

^ I agree with you on people thinking a ride will be "better" or more intense due to the height restriction. I think that Thorpe should have kept the height at 1.2 (I think that's the Euro Fighter height) due to all of the other "big" coasters being that. Thorpe could have done with a ride that shorter people could ride. Just my opinion though.