Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

I'm just gonna say my throughput fact again, because it should shut everyone up (although it wont).Mack Seastorm advertises its throughput at 1,200pph. Would it ever honestly get anywhere near that? (http://www.mack-rides.com/lang-de/c140/default.html).EDIT: OMG IT SAYS 1,500pph LOL

:) George Bush's reason for going to war sounded more likely to be true than that statistic! So we have established that Mack, Thorpe and Merlin are just telling porky pies to everyone?

In Germany its probably true that they do get 1500 people. Rather annoying in this country though, guests are a lot more.. well I don't want to say stupid, maybe niave is more appropriate. In England theres a culture that belief that if your bar isn't checked, a seatbelt undone, the bar doesn't lock straight away or if there is a gap between them and the restraint that they are going to die a thousand deaths. For instance on Alpine Express at Europa Park, guests get off the train, guests get on the train, its locked and off you go. At all three UK Merlin parks, the bars have to be physically checked. It is for this reason that Saw might get, maybe 900-1000, but 1100 is stupidly high. Oblivion for instance can get 1800 but how often do you think it even gets 1400?

The Saw team will be pushed very hard as the managers will be watched and basiclly, all eyes will be on Saw so they will want it to run as smooth as possible. Throughputs are very hard to reach, although can be done. Examples of reaching them on Stealth ment staff would be frantic non stop and will be shouting and making guests take their seats, telling everyone over the PA to do this and that before boarding and a lot of the time it can cause chaos and more often than not, stop by a guest who doesn't understand. I for one don't believe in that, you can have a sense of urgency that still makes the atmosphere fun/scary for the guests and also ensures staff who are on the ride platform all day, aren't worked like slaves. It all depends on guests and believe me, the general public in large groups are stupid, add the fact they're nervous it makes for much slower loading times.I do expect they will motivate staff and do everything they can to reach their targets, more so as it's the rides opening year. Take that to mind when you are taking your seats, quick, quick quick and don't have your cameras ready for your onride videos. They will take them off you.

I totally agree with you Fever. The general public can sometimes can be a pain. I don't know how many times I have jumped on to a ride and had to wait for ages for somebody to get rid of their bag, but then they have to take their glasses off, oh, and then their shoes or some other item!Your example of Stealth meeting its throughput would mean that staff were worked like animals and therefore they would end up miserable which would show and affect guests and also affect the operating of the ride.I think that they will try and do everything possible to meet the targets they have set themselves, but I think it may take a bit of time for everyone to adapt to the ride.

I don't know how many times I have jumped on to a ride and had to wait for ages for somebody to get rid of their bag, but then they have to take their glasses off, oh, and then their shoes or some other item!

The staff who have to deal with them people must have the patience of a saint.Mainly on Runaway Train I see this happen, but someone will sit down with their bag on, only to be told to take it off and it happens nearly everytime I ride it, and everytime it makes me want to scream!At least with Saw we won't have the constant reminders to wear shoes. Such a pain on Inferno.

To be fair, I never understand how I can be sitting on a ride waiting to go and we have to wait for somebody to sort something out.The majority of the time there is a queue for attractions, and people with common sense would normally sort out anything they need to whilst in the queue, ready for when it's their turn! Or maybe it's just me who thinks that way and I'm the weird one :)

Oooo, SAW - The Ride above Stealth on the official site's rides menu? Thorpe's iconic coaster is being piddled on by a mere Euro-Fighter? Ouch.I can understand why they did it but they shouldn't forget about bigging up their existing coasters, I for one doubt SAW - The Ride, will be a better experience than Nemesis Inferno, simply because a Euro-Fighter isn't 'up there' with the big boys like B&M and Intamin. But 55mph? That's certainly nothing to be sniffed at. :)I suppose we'll have to see what March brings won't we?

If Saw wasn't based on a film and didn't have the same investment put into it theming-wise, this would be one awful coaster.I think they've made a Eurofighter look bloody awesome though and getting to ride it is going to be an interesting experience, not just for the actual coaster, but for the queueline too.

I don't get it? I personally don't get all the criticism about this being a Euro-fighter :) I can't say I've ever been on one, but can anybody actually explain why they aren't as good as the coasters made by B&M and IntaminNot saying anyone's opinion is wrong, but from myself whose never been on one, I think this ride looks pretty awesome regardless of themeing :P

I don't think they are regarded as highly as coasters made by B&M and Intamin etc as if you compare them on looks aswell as experience, they just seem inferior. That's not to say they are as I am sure there are people out there who prefer Eurofighter's, but overall I think the bigger the better!To me though, themeing is everything in a ride and I'm pretty sure that is what is going to make Saw a huge success

Oooo, SAW - The Ride above Stealth on the official site's rides menu? Thorpe's iconic coaster is being piddled on by a mere Euro-Fighter? Ouch.I can understand why they did it but they shouldn't forget about bigging up their existing coasters, I for one doubt SAW - The Ride, will be a better experience than Nemesis Inferno, simply because a Euro-Fighter isn't 'up there' with the big boys like B&M and Intamin. But 55mph? That's certainly nothing to be sniffed at. :)I suppose we'll have to see what March brings won't we?

Putting it at the top isn't saying it's better than Stealth etc, it's a BRAND NEW coaster, why put it at the bottom or in the middle of the list.They are advertising their new ride which is really gonna set Thorpe Park aside as one of the best theme parks in the UK, well one of the most thrilling.And as for Eurofighters, I've been on Rage at Southend and thought that was pretty awesome so I'm guessing this Eurofighter is gonna be amazing :) and as someone said, the queueing up is gonna be great as well, there's gonna be a story to tell with SAW.

I hate the fact that SAW is being branded as only worth it for the theming by some people. The ride itself looks great, yes, Eurofighters might not be the best in the world, but so what! A fast ride (second fastest in the park) along with some decent looking loops, great turns as well as the dark section and queue line experience - I wouldn't have cared if the ride wasn't endorsed by Lionsgate, the ride is going to be great!

Sorry Josh I didn't mean to give that impression. I'm looking forward to the ride and would be if it wasn't endorsed by Lionsgate. I just know a lot of people are amazed by the amount of work that has gone in to the themeing on this ride as we don't really see anything like this in the UK.I presonally think that Thorpe could have made a ride like this without it being endorsed by Lionsgate and hope that they will carry it on in the future :)

Sorry Josh I didn't mean to give that impression. I'm looking forward to the ride and would be if it wasn't endorsed by Lionsgate. I just know a lot of people are amazed by the amount of work that has gone in to the themeing on this ride as we don't really see anything like this in the UK.

You don't need to apologise, ofc the theming is going to add to the ride a great deal. The ride on it's own would simply be 'another coaster', the fact that it's SAW: The Ride is getting people more excited than what they would've been.

I'm just wondering wether there has been too much hype for this ride? I still think this is going to be amazing but Thorpe Park aren't exactly Disney World in the way of theming are they? so this could either be a huge suprise to us all in it being as good as its made out to be or average theming which could be a let down to the whole ride...just saying.I would like to make clear that I am not criticising the ride in any way.