Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

But the whole point of the Police Car is well, to give the impression that the police were there. Investigating Jigsaw's "Games". Scattering bits of it around Thorpe would just be pointless.I wouldn't get your hopes up about it sticking around, seems to be some sort of Coaster Construction Ritual. Remember the Red Car that was at Stealth?This One vvvvPosted ImageNever stuck around did it? Its been left somewhere around the farm I believe.

Anyway, going back on topic, Saw the first test runs of Saw with my own eyes, and looked so smooth.I don't care what the themeing is like, as long as the ride itself delivers the hype it it has given us since being announced.

Well I think, even if this ride is spectacular, amazing effects, amazing ride; I'm still going to think when I get off that this wasn't worth all the hours I spent following its construction and talking about it on forums.But hey, that's life!

Just to clear up, that large gate inbetween the main queue and the fastrack queue..Remember where the ride's workshop is..under the station. It will, well on the plans, be an access path for that.As far as following the constructrion of a new coaster for so long, as soon as it hits the brakes you can look forward to Thorpe's next wonder, all part of being an enthusiast and besides, it's all hype right? I think most of us will be there opening day. :)

TimR, you claimed to see the Fastrack information on signs around the park. However, were they actually fitted into the Information & Ticket hut signs? Or did they look cheap and temperamental.

They were just laminated pieces of paper stuck on to tickets and information and sorry if I missed out Ultimate Fastrack.

Going back to the Fastrack thing, I am SO glad Slammer has no longer got Fastrack! Being the exit attendant was pure hell, it was hard to communicate to the attendant who was batching or getting the operators attention - giving hand signals to the staff on the other side sounds easier than it is, and some batching attendants would keep forgetting to ask how many they needed to save for Fastrack :) leaving the exit attendant in the sh!t. And it was never clear as to where they should wait...well not to the guests anyway! There was a line for Fastrack but the sign didn't seem to be clear enough for them! And they often seemed to think they could just walk straight onto the ride. I think the main issue was where the fastrack queue was located, because it meant the staff batching the main queue wasn't dealing with Fastrack, if that makes sense? Like on the other rides, the batcher would be able to get to the Fastrack and the main queue, they would easily be able to deal wth both. And anyway it never got a big queue :PShame I won't be there this year to appreciate not having that stress!I know it's going off-topic but I had to mention it!So anyway, SAW, the police car, wooo...crashing it deliberately? Interesting idea Ashley! Now which ride do they crash it into? Hmm... :P

Where exactly is Saw's entrance going to be? Because at the moment I'm confused where the queueline is going. The only thing that's recognisable on Saw at the moment is the station and track coming out of it, into the tower. I'm sure it will all come together in time for opening day, but I'd at least expect to recognise where to walk by now, etc.Also, Colosuss's queue is meant to be linking the area, there's no sign of this happening yet...?

Another coaster is planned to go in the lake next to Colossus in the future, but that's years off, probably not until about 2015. Plus they need to land infill that and let nature take it's course.But with Saw, why are they land infilling this now, surely it needs time to set, like the main Saw land that was infilled in 2007? And I never knew a 2nd bridge was being planned, must be something that's been added to the project.Now I feel:Posted ImageThey need to crust Crust right down to the ground.

They look real from a distance, but I can't get closer to them.According to the ride blog on sawtheride.com, they've done over 250 test runs since 20th January!

(That's not actually that much)For instance, over 100 fury cars are sent out every hour, appoximately 50 trains are sent out every hour on Inferno and Nemesis. *Is Geek.