Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Very interesting reading different responses. I had no idea what to expect from the themeing or from the ride until the name was announced which did come as a big shock. Wasn't impressed with the name but have high hopes of the themeing. I'm not sure how there gonne be able to create good themeing within the ride section, for example a ghost train is designed to "scare" with slow moving trains and full of themeing. Can't say any of the ghost trains I've been on are any good. However this being a rollercoatser it will be a lot harder to get themeing within the ride section and for it to be fully noticed by guests, as theyll be too busy enjoying the ride experience. The station pics look pretty good.

Looks rather like this at the moment.Posted ImageAnd I noticed the head chopper themeing was half up and lots of metalwork around the bottom of the lift hill was going up.

That is loooking brilliant, so far. When they distress it more, and add the 'rougher' features, we are going to have the best themed ride in the UK...

If you ask me, the station does look a bit uniform. It would be much better with a few rot-holes and misplaced slabs of wood. Oh well, still looks great so far, just a shame that A-Kid couldn't get a photo of what the head-chopper is. :PThe station does make the Immelman look smaller doesn't it? (because the station's so big) Or is it just me because I'm not all there? :mellow:

Wow, how uninspirational.

This is not the main side. While it is seen, it is not the main focus. The main focus will be found in the more divese and rough side with the headchopper [which looks great so far from what I can see,] and other elements, such as the photo kiosk which juts out of the side.

This is not the main side. While it is seen, it is not the main focus. The main focus will be found in the more divese and rough side with the headchopper [which looks great so far from what I can see,] and other elements, such as the photo kiosk which juts out of the side.

I think you need to Take a Bow from TPM..

Seb.. I hope you aren't insulting the wonderful box of delight. To be fair to it, at least its themed unlike the back-end of Inferno.

Couldn't agree more...Because it is on an island, it can be seen from all sides, but because the park is closed, we cannot see the 'front bit' as well...When we finally get some detailed photos, we can then start commenting on the quality of the theming which this project relies on so greatly.

To be honest I'm quite looking forward to the theming on this ride more than anything.If you have seen Saw you will know that this is a perfect finish for a building that is carrying on with the theme which the Saw films have created so excellently. Thorpe Park have made a nice move theming all around the station too instead of leaving panelling showing, it'll really impress from all angles.Can't wait to see more shots from the main side of the station; and the inside!