Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

I see Slammer top are off.

They were still on there with the scaffolding surrounding them during the middle of November. I can't believe they've had to take them off again, it shows what complicated technology Slammer really is. Have they sent them back to S&S again? Because this time, surely, if they have been sent back, S&S should either replace them or get some staff to England to have a detailed look at the problems.

Cant wait until the 13th! Any guesses yet?

No, and I couldn't care. Honestly, I'm sick of this stupid 13th-every-month thing Thorpe keep doing. The novelty's worn off. We all know it's Saw and what the theme is - a bit different if we didn't know the name.

No, and I couldn't care. Honestly, I'm sick of this stupid 13th-every-month thing Thorpe keep doing. The novelty's worn off. We all know it's Saw and what the theme is - a bit different if we didn't know the name.

I personally can't wait until the 13th... I want need more information. People here should really lighten up...As for what will be in the video, I think we will get an introduction into a main part of the story line - like who the poor guy is. I think he is the guy in the original photo... I bet his name is:

DYLAN XD

They were still on there with the scaffolding surrounding them during the middle of November. I can't believe they've had to take them off again, it shows what complicated technology Slammer really is. Have they sent them back to S&S again? Because this time, surely, if they have been sent back, S&S should either replace them or get some staff to England to have a detailed look at the problems.

They should be going off every year.... That is kind of the idea of the yearly maintenance. Nearly every part including parts that get put under a lot of stress will get removed for inspections etc except coaster track which gets thoroughly inspected over closed season.Anyway back on topic please.

I don't want anything giving away part of the story line just yet. Something very cryptic would be nice. Then, if you solve a puzzle given in the video, you find out something else about the ride.However, the videos are becoming a bit of a pain. Now the name has been revealed, everything has gotten a bit repeatative. If they had released in on January 13th, the novelty of it probably would have just kept till the ride's opening, then we wouldn't hav all been annoyed by all this stupid hype!

One or two videos is fine with me. Doesn't seem as if there releasing a story line in the videos and they seem to be slightly repetative. If there was a strong storyline within each video releasing more info every time rather than this 13 stuff which seems to come up in every video it may be more neccasery to have numerous videos. I agree that the hype has built up over the storyline more so than the actual coaster.

I think thats the idea of it!

Ok, it seems to me as if the storyline of this coaster and what it is about and the endless videos have "taken over" some people and maybe the fact that there is a new coaster has crossed their mind because they are intrigued to get more videos and more storyline. Personally I really don't care about the storyline, if there is one.

I think some people are being a bit over the top with the whole story line thing. I mean, for years, people have been waiting for a ride with a story line like Nemesis and Oblivion but, when we get it, we bash it for having one. This is one the the first if not THE first time Thorpe have integrated a strong story into one of their rides. I think they are doing a good job. Please, don't complain when you get something you have been asking for! :mellow:

Well no I am delighted to be getting a very well themed ride with a story, but I just don't think it needs so much hype. I like the idea of the story and ride, but by the time of it's opening I'll be sick to death of it, because some fanboys feel the need to talk about it everywhere and in nearly every topic on this forum. I'm really not blaming thorpe, well done to them, they are making a ride with a decent storyline with blistering theming, and it will probably be a great ride too (basing this on reports from other Eurofighters), but it's the over the top fanboys who just make us feel this way.

Firstly, the reason for the videos being linked to the number 13 is because the ride is going to be themed around SA XIII :mellow: But seriously, if they had made teaser videos life previous ones for Oct, Nov and Dec and released the ride's name in January, it would have been much better and less hype would have gone into the SAW theme and would be happy with a great themed ride AND not complain about all this hype. But I guess we have to remember, the whole world is not made of fan-bpys, so it probably was the best time fot Thorpe to release the video based on everyone.

and it will probably be a great ride too (basing this on reports from other Eurofighters)

I agree, Speed and Rage were both very good for me but the down-sides for both were:1. The horrible colour scheme is a massive eye-sore. (Pink and Yellow, Blue and Orange).2. The lack of themeing. (seriously, Rage look like it was put together over-night by two scaffolders and Speed is just dumped in the middle-of-nowhere).3. A very boring layout. (Either too short or not compact enough).SAW doesn't seem to have any of these problems :( I'm not pedantic :mellow:

Could we stop the complaints about the hype and videos linked with the ride. Besides, if all the members on this forum were given the job of creating Thorpe's next coaster, it would be like cutting a Pizza with everyone’s favourite topping, It would be disgusting. So it's time we leave it all to the professionals and admire the effort they're all putting into Saw.