Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

I know it's not necessarily a definitive source, but on lastminute.com it says...Please note: New ride Saw is not available until the main season starts on March 20. I thought the countdown on the ride website ran out March 13th, and main season would start the next day?Here's the link...http://www.lastminute.com/site/entertainme...mp;catID=110608

102? My guess would be the amount of degrees that the drop would be. 102 degree drop.-------------WAIT! Pause the video on the numbers and you can see another one. 7 I think... Maybe this links with what TRGeorge was saying.-------------Oh wait, Its a phoney, its been edited from this...http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=G9fcNxnhQ6s&...feature=related

It is likely that it is a Thorpe fake account that is spoiling us.From what I can tell, a lot of the SAW videos they have used have been from the films, but then edited in voice, camera cuts, etc. Also, if this is 100% real, then it says that it is only a PREVIEW. However, a nice cryptic video would be very good this month.

Yep, too much hype if you ask me.Perhaps of the name had been revealed in January or February, all of the SAW hype wouldn't have been annoying as we would have actually riden the thing. I wonder how many people will be disappointed with the ride if itsn't as good as they were expected it to be?

I think people kind of read too much into things sometimes. Personally I agree on the fact that the whole Saw theme doesn't really get me going; what does get me going is that this project has the potential to be a solid, immersive experience. I don't think it's going to be ground- breaking in terms of special effects or actually even totally immersive, but I do think it's a step in the right direction with regards to projects in this country.It's evident that these kind of experiences are gaining more interest- this is why we have experiements and research such as the Thrill Laboratory. Findings from these all suggest that Merlin are seriously looking into this type of attraction- a total experience that evokes a proper psychological reaction combined with a physical, not just one or the other. It'd be great if parks in our country can pull off something of the same calibre. Of course we only have to look at some of the rides in the states to show how successful these type of attractions are: the Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida is fantastic!

I am a lil disappointed about it being Saw.On the one hand, I love Saw and teaming up with a big film company means we will get a good themed ride (hopefully) and this will shut up all the people who doubted them.On the otherahand, I would have loved to see Thorpe (DIY) without the film company, create a ride using their own themeing. And produce a ride with the great resources that they are very much capable with. Saw: The Ride? I would have loved a better name. I mean what type of name can you give to a sinister sawmill? I am grateful that we will get an hope-to-be amazing ride but I would have loved this attempt to be all Thorpes.I'm not really bothered whether this is Saw or not, just really want to say a good themed ride, looks like I will be proved correct :mellow:

There was a bit of a 'Wow factor' for me about it being SAW with Lionsgate, but not a OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!I think that Merlin are doing something good (a decent themed ride), but roller coasters themselves are starting to run out of ideas. I mean, there is practically everything. You can be above the track, below it, 'in it' (pipelne), be spinning, be backwards, be launched, be in the dark, swinging all of the place, 'flying', water, near enough everything. Perhaps the next big step is ride interactivity to the extreme. Maybe a spinning coaster where you spin the car, like a teacup.It will be interesting to see what SW6 will turn out to be.Anyway, I've gone a bit off topic here (sorry).