Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Could we stop the complaints about the hype and videos linked with the ride. Besides, if all the members on this forum were given the job of creating Thorpe's next coaster, it would be like cutting a Pizza with everyone’s favourite topping, It would be disgusting. So it's time we leave it all to the professionals and admire the effort they're all putting into Saw.

I sort of agree with Mr Hicks.Speed's colours are pretty good, but Rage is a disgusting colour scheme, but that goes with the whole park.Saw is perfect for the themeing, horrors are dark films, and I think they got it just right, well done Thorpe.

Well tbh me and most other people are only complaining about the way fanboys hype it up, personally I think Thorpe are doing a fantastic job, kudos to them. It seems the only the flaw with the ride right now is the people going to be riding it. Or the ones who will be riding it a lot.

To be honest with you the queue dose not look that intreasting till you get inside, also the inside part wont be amazing it will just have a few rundown walls and some televisions.

How do you know?There may not be some space for many objects, but what evidence do you have that it won't be that good?As for the exterior queue, I think it will be good; the 'windmill' bit may be small, but the building itself is interesting from all angles, and the gate, entrance etc. is great theming.

It will come out when it comes out, ever thought the person who uploads them might have the weekend off? No I thought not.

Well, no, it's the person's job to put the video up on the 13th, and if s/he doesn't do it, then they are not doing their job. Cleaners get paid to clean, and accountants get paid to account, so a day off is in no way an excuse.Each video has to come out on the 13th - otherwise the whole atmosphere of the ride goes down a notch... Now, when I think of the ride, I think of a small publicity shin-dig which even those behind it don't care about. The whole atmosphere behind the storyline of SAW is ruined, as the number 13 isn't as meaningful, and the SAW scrutiny to detail is lost.If they are going to do a series of consecutive videos released every 13th day of a month, then they should make it their duty to abide by this ongoing tradition.[/rant]

Now, when I think of the ride, I think of a small publicity shin-dig which even those behind it don't care about.

Then you rely on this coaster too much. Go outside and breathe in some fresh air like a good boy. :mellow:

and the SAW scrutiny to detail is lost.

Since when? Thorpe just realeased a new picture of killer theming; maybe they did that knowing that they might be disrupted on releasing the video, so they did it to shut up idiots like you who spend all their free-time on TPM drooling over a track and a bit of mangled wood.

If they are going to do a series of consecutive videos released every 13th day of a month, then they should make it their duty to abide by this ongoing tradition.

One thinks you should make it your duty to give people a break, the world doesn't revolve around an over-enthuasiast who gets a bit stroppy when the 13th of the month comes and Thorpe miss one video.[///////rant] :(

Don't get me wrong, I've always supported the theme, and I'm thrilled that Thorpe have stuck to their plans theming-wise (so far), the track looks amazingly twisted and this could well surpass Nemesis. I just get so piddled off when people become expectant over something that is only really there for the enthusiasts. The General Public don't care; it's not going to go national that Thorpe forgot/didn't bother to post a new video so please, give them a break and commend them for what they've sone so far :mellow:

One thinks you should make it your duty to give people a break, the world doesn't revolve around an over-enthuasiast who gets a bit stroppy when the 13th of the month comes and Thorpe miss one video.

Actually the last video didn't come out until the 14th- so technically that's two video's.[/n00b]

Actually the last video didn't come out until the 14th- so technically that's two video's.[/n00b]

Indeed - reliability is quite poor when it comes to putting these videos up. I agree with Gareth and the fact that the storyline slightly flopped after our (Mine, Gareth's and any other people who were expecting a video's) dissapointment yesterday. :mellow:

I'm sorry? Have me and you recently just ended a fued over you calling people n00bs? And then you go and do it again to someone who has a far better understanding of theme parks than yourself? Jeez...Anyway, I find it ridiculous people are getting so upset about this, I mean what other Theme Park gives it's fanboys such info and things alike about their new ride? I mean Thorpe have done a great job and releasing videos month after month for our benefit, not theirs, they didn't have to, but they did. And Gareth, it's not like the ride will now be worse because a video didn't get released some day in December. I'm just looking forward to more pictures of the theming, right now Thorpe seem to living up to their plans that were submitted, which doesn't usually happen, so well done Thorpe! :mellow:

I found

on YouTube. I know it hasn't got the same layout, etc., but the theming it has is very nice. I'd be pleased if the theming was like that on the real ride.Also, has anyone thought that this might be a stunt from Thorpe trying to build up a bit more suspense for the video, it might be THAT good, and it just backfired.

Don't get me wrong. I do think everyone is doing a great job on this project, and I'm so looking forward to experiencing it for myself. But I do agree that the magic has been lost a little. Yes fair enough they may be on holiday/ Christmas leave or whatever, but it's kind of their fault for hyping up the whole 13 business in the first place. They made a point for pointing out the number thirteen in the early videos, they've even posted all of the dates for future videos on Saw's site, so to not release it when it's supposed to kind of undo's some of the hard work the team have put in to hype up the attraction.And yes, I agree it's a tiny little thing- it's a flaming video, and no, the final result won't be affected, but it's the principal of the situation.

Well, no, it's the person's job to put the video up on the 13th, and if s/he doesn't do it, then they are not doing their job. Cleaners get paid to clean, and accountants get paid to account, so a day off is in no way an excuse.Each video has to come out on the 13th - otherwise the whole atmosphere of the ride goes down a notch... Now, when I think of the ride, I think of a small publicity shin-dig which even those behind it don't care about. The whole atmosphere behind the storyline of SAW is ruined, as the number 13 isn't as meaningful, and the SAW scrutiny to detail is lost.If they are going to do a series of consecutive videos released every 13th day of a month, then they should make it their duty to abide by this ongoing tradition.[/rant]

I'd like to point out one thing..At the start of the videos, at the end of the video it had the date of the next one, since Saw has been announced, they dont. So just because thats how it used to be, ever thought that maybe they dont have to be on the 13th no more?