Jobs..

Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tell you what, Tesco is 0_o.It's really good pay and tbh, my Tesco is only a Metro so it's quite cool and everyone's really laid back.But sitting at a till for 17 hours a week can't be good for ya. Seriously, I'm hardly ever put on the shop floor so I just sit there.The other down point is having to work 7-2 on a saturday. It is actual torture...=/I really want a job in River Island. I've tried in my local one so many times but they've just chosen to ignore me =P

It would be good just to get a job again, all of these jobs laying people off, it's just hard to get back on the career ladder at the moment. Even temp agencies don't want me ;) , and jobs that I'm currently in the process of going through are taking weeks in between just to get to the next stage - geez.Typical responses 'You're underqualified', 'you have no experience.' At these interviews etc they keep saying retail isn't classed as experience as the employer will see the shop name on your CV and just skip it. Job hunting is just one big vicious circle. :P

The other down point is having to work 7-2 on a saturday. It is actual torture...=/

7-3 waitrose staff dining room. Its actual pretty good fun, though I am always dead by the end of the shift ;).As for tesco.. blah all of it is crap, I worked in produce and it was *****, I enjoyed going onto the tills.. only because it was something else to do. Not that I was properly trained on it, I just made up what I was meant to do.. must've overcharged/undercharged like.. everyone.

Finding a job in Reading is harder than it looks, most people wont hire you because of the way you look. There is also the fact that alot of places in Reading arent hiring, which then is kinda likee errrrrrr I need a job. Reading isnt the best place to live if your 16 and need a job. Oh and are named as an 'emo'.

A lot of employers won't take if you if you don't have GCSE's as you will most likely still come under 'Child Worker' legislation, which there are funny rules about.

The child worker laws are dismissed after the Last Friday in june of which you are 15/16 (This is the official school leaving date for our country for year 11's)