Jobs..

Marc

Woot some success at last, only thing is it's voluntary. It appears I'm going to be an assistant scout leader but at the meeting today it sounds like they want me to take charge of a group at some point ;), don't even know how I'd do yet!!At least though I get experience and it shows I haven't been sitting on my backside all the time.

I know it sounds harsh - but out store gets up to 20 CVs handed in each day - the pile in our mangers office is absolutely huge, and there is only like one position. They are kept but as you can imagine there is a million and one things we need to do on top of that. So I've got 3 pieces of advice - - Make your CV stand out; microsoft word eat your heart out. Make it a bit different and keep it short and to the point. - If your going to a clothes shop for example - go in wearing the brand, and look really enthusiastic about wanting to work there and strike up a conversation with the staff to make them remember you First impressions are everything, they cant interview everyone to see what you're like!- Pull in the favours, friends, family etc. work experience!

Got an assessment for Barclays tomorrow, I think they said it's going to take around about 2-3 hours. Interviews are never short these days, never been to one yet where you don't take any practical tests while your there....Got another application going through with some solicitors as well at the moment, but due to all the checks they're having to do, they said it could take a while before anything can go ahead, so I need another job in the meantime to ge the money coming in rather than waiting a few months to see if I get through to the next stage with the solicitor!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I was job hunting with Jess (Jezzerz) and all the jobs are either not employing anyone due to the credit crunch or because they have no spaces.I am from Brighton, so their are loads of shops etc.I only found one! Yes One! Place that were looking for weekend staff.... Bowlplex! :)I will be working when everyone is off school so it will be busy. (This means I can do call for lanes on the PA announcement. It is not Vampire, but it could be a step towards it PA wise! :huh:)Then, Hopefully if their is spaces, I will hopefully be working at Chessington & Zoo which will be my dream job!(As a Saturday job, not a final job). :P

I would also rather work at Chessington rather than Thorpe because of the 'Chav' reason. :(Also, I would rather work at Chessington as it is mainly family groups.I would rather this as I would like to think that I could make a family have a great day out and that they have enjoyed themselves.Whereas, If I was working at Thorpe, I would be thinking things like...* People are having to queue 120 mins plus.* Guests are getting angry around queues.* Vandalism* Queue Jumping* Smoking in the queue linesetc.Don't get me wrong, Probably all of this happens at Chessington too. However, I think you would agree that if Chessington did have this problem. It would either be not often and / or would not happen as frequent as Thorpe Park.