Jobs..

Marc

I got a job at Waitrose three weeks ago and I absolutely love it there. Great bunch of people in a little store and all have said I fit in there so well and so quickly. I sell things like cakes, pizzas, porridge, pretzels, bread, soup, lattices, sausage rolls and the such and I love it. :)

I got a job at Waitrose. Yeah it's the same company as John Lewis but Waitrose is fantastic. Everyone has been so welcoming and helpful and the last week has been fantastic. :)

I am so dying for a job there! Everyone I've met who works there says its fantastic but sadly all the ones down here dont have any job openings.. well actually, nowhere around here seems to have any job openings at the moment. But anyway, I'm going to start collecting some application forms soon and see what comes around. I'm not too fussy about where I work, I just could do with some extra cash, especially as I'm thinking about driving lessons soon.

I've been offered my friend's shift on Sundays at the vets now, but it's from 10-4 with a lunch break inbetween. I might tell them I'd be happy to start Sundays as well as Mondays after my exams are over and also if I could do Sundays where I'd work every over Sunday, cos Sunday is when I get all my work done ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

I work in post production for TV and film as a runner. I basically get tea/coffee/food for staff and clients (sometimes very famous ones). It's a meh job but I get to sit in with editors and that and I'm being shown how everything works etc, which is very cool. I work with some great people too and we usually have a good laugh. I've also just spent the last two weeks helping one of the top guys in our VFX department on some important documents which has been cool (better than making tea and coffee :)).

• 3 weeks later...

^ Yay!My voluntary work for Cats Protection will no doubt impress Plumpton College, especially as I'm applying for the National Diploma in Animal Management! :PI had a massive, positive "I can do this" spur of applying for jobs a few weeks ago...all of them said no, apart from WHSmith, had a group interview on Sunday, I think it went pretty well, and even so, at least I got through to an interview. With the way the country is these days, that's a bloody miracle! Even my mum has been turned down from jobs which she has a lifetime of experience in (airport jobs etc)! So getting through to an interview is good enough for me, but obviously if it's a yes... :(Gonna ask at Tesco as well...hopefully now its summer some stuff will come up. If I don't get a job soon I will be screwed, my benefit will stop once I go back to college so I'll have no money to pay rent, bills etc! So bad news for mum more than for me. Of course, the jobcentre don't care that I'll be left with no money to live. Ugh, the guy I spoke to earlier...the tone of his voice...he didn't give a sh*t. I mean I know it's the "rules" or whatever but he could have been polite!Of course, if I was a lone parent, oh no I'd still be able to get money. But because I'm a sensible young person who hasn't got themselves pregnant, and is returning to college to hopefully start their future career, no I get penalised!Rant over, and fingers crossed I get a job eh! :P

I have an interview at McDonalds. Exciting stuffs. Only thing is I've been told by a friend they only accept people aged 16 years 7 months for something along the lines of health and safety. But eh, I'm of school leaving age and it'd be better to try than not know.Woo.

WHSmith said no. Grr. But my Waitrose has vacancies now, yay! Applied for checkout dude earlier :P I think supermarkets are my only hope at the moment, all the other shops I applied for went on about having recent retail and sales experience, whereas a checkout assistant just needs customer service experience (and if they have none it still won't matter) and to be able to look smart and smile. Seeing as my latest work experience is all theme parks...yeah, I've not left myself with much of a job path! Unless I wanted to continue in that industry. And I do not! It's all about animals :P But seeing as no catteries have any jobs going, I've had to consider shops etc..

I HAVE A JOB!!! :DEven better, it's a job I want to do! It's at a cattery, just cleaning out the chalets the cats stay in etc. The people there are really nice and most of them are older than me, which is good cos I get on better with older people, they tend not to judge and bitch as much, so I don't have to worry about being quiet or odd :)It's Saturdays at the moment then weekdays also when it's busy in the summer, then back to Saturdays, possibly Sundays too. Which works perfectly for me, seeing as I've got a place at Plumpton College and start in September! :DAbout bloody time that I had some luck! Woooo!