Food Outlets

Cringle

I used to agree with this until FCC at towers, which serves as quickly as KFC with (imo) better quality food, and the customer service is far better than KFC. Sure, sometimes they can let you down but they're genuinely far more friendlier and just.. better.. than the franchised outlets staff. You don't generally realise how poor the previous staff were until you try out the new guys.

FCC @ Chessie is a tiny outlet, not built for serving fast food whereas the old KFC/BK outlets are perfect for it, and I think merlin would easily cope with it should they take them back at thorpe.

true, FCC at Chessington only has five till points which usually runs with five staff on at once anyway. Dont forget its a lot of big family orders coming through!

I refuse to eat at Bar 360.

I went 3 times when it was The Glass House (was that the old name) and the wait on food was always 45 minutes or more!

Terrible service!

Strange you say that, I've never had to wait over 10 minutes and I've been a lot! You should perhaps give it another go, 2 decent sized meals for £12 plus AP discount is fantastic, especially as the food is great.

I've only had one bad experience at Bar 360 in recent years, which was a near hour wait in 2011 for Blow It Up, along with some bits of foil being found left on the ribs. I guess the extra business was somewhat down to it being early evening and people wanted a large meal before the fireworks show.

But other than that, all good. Certainly worth a second chance!

I did have that one time where my chicken ciabbatta came with no chicken but I think that was just an oversight..

No, that's just idiotic, and it isn't the first time this has happened. Once, my friend ordered a chicken salad which hardly had any chicken, so we complained, sent it back and it was sorted. They seem to have some right moby's working in that kitchen.

Strange you say that, I've never had to wait over 10 minutes and I've been a lot! You should perhaps give it another go, 2 decent sized meals for £12 plus AP discount is fantastic, especially as the food is great.

Decent sized meals, good tasting, and a good price with your Pass discount, yes. My only issue is the bar service is too slow and the wait can sometimes be long. Also, there's never enough tables inside, I know there's plenty outside but it's only on the colder days I go there (I get drawn into the warm!).

I find all merlin outlets have good / bad days, from my experience Bar 360 is pretty good but have had a few disappointing trips!

The best has to go to The Chicken Shack at CWOA on Saturday, they had ran out of chicken ^_^

One thing I did notice is they are doing the 2 meals for £12 but no longer give annual pass discount on that, not sure if thats somthing which will come in at all parks. I Guess 2 meals for £6 is still good.

No, that's just idiotic, and it isn't the first time this has happened. Once, my friend ordered a chicken salad which hardly had any chicken, so we complained, sent it back and it was sorted. They seem to have some right moby's working in that kitchen.

There's more important things in life to be outraged about. They realised their mistake, apologised, they replaced the ciabatta (and added chicken :o ). There wasn't much more they could do and I wasn't expecting anything more.

I find all merlin outlets have good / bad days, from my experience Bar 360 is pretty good but have had a few disappointing trips!

The best has to go to The Chicken Shack at CWOA on Saturday, they had ran out of chicken ^_^

One thing I did notice is they are doing the 2 meals for £12 but no longer give annual pass discount on that, not sure if thats somthing which will come in at all parks. I Guess 2 meals for £6 is still good.

There's plenty of horsemeat going about for a substitute! :D

Yes, 2 meals for £6 is a good deal, although I don't recall seeing that offer, I shall keep an eye out for it.

There's more important things in life to be outraged about.

Lol, I'm not engraged.

Chessie's Fake Nando's is actually the worst Merlin food outlet in all the parks...

Why they got rid of the pub for it I have no idea... It's absolute turd...

Same experience for me to. I've had some complete dire experiences there, but I've had enough great experiences with the great food and the indoor heat ;) to keep me coming back to the Glass House. Plus it's a great place to just sit down and chill and chat with your mates. However not getting the AP discount on your meals? Perhaps you had a newbie serving you - I've had pleasure taking up on the AP discount for the £12 meal deal all year round - even up to the last weekend!

Of all the food outlet conversions that is the one I am most gutted about.

I liked the logo, there was 2 versions I think:

DSCN0403.jpg

And has anyone ever seen the outdoor BBQ used? Because I haven't!

Also, the back entrance to the toilets (near the lockers and queue board in Market Square is forever locked now, it's a pest!

I am too guted about the Greedy Goblin, I thought it was a fantastic eating venue and loved eating there. Since it's gone I have never set foot back into the building :( Didn't even realise it was a fake Nando's as I've refused to look at it since it took away my Greedy Goblin. Which now means where can you get the decent pub grub at Chessington nowadays?

Which now means where can you get the decent pub grub at Chessington nowadays?

Simple answer - you can't.

I think 2013 will be a year of trying out new restaurants at the parks for me. At Chessington, The Burger Kitchen, Zufari Bar and Grill and the Creaky Cafe, then at Thorpe the Roast and Relish. And at Alton Towers the Woodcutters Bar and Grill near Dark Forest.

You never know, I may even chance the Chicken Shack for a change at Chessington. They should ditch that or the FCC near Rameses.

The Coffee place on the corner of Towers Street near Storybook Land does nice food.

No that's just chessington. They've done it for a couple of years with both F&B and retail outlets. Don't allow AP/Staff discount on "offers" - sometimes makes it cheaper to buy them seperately, with the discount. Have to watch out, chessie is a bastard for it.

It won't be spreading to the other parks, thank god.

Does anyone know if Bk is leaving thorpe like it has with the other marlin parks?

In the near furture, most likely yes. I have had a look on thorpe's website and they don't even seem to include Pizza Hut and Burger King as food outlets on site. In furture we are likely to see a pizza pasta replacing Pizza Hut and a Burger Kitchen replacing Burger King. I think because alton and chessington are changing the outlets to merlin ones, thorpe will soon follow!