Random

Phill

I'm going to be a train geek simply becuase I go on SWT a lot between Thorpe and home and London etc, - but South West Trains are pretty top notch IMO - the trains especially to and from Basingstoke or Reading are rarely late. Go on First Great Western who you will realise how good SWT really area - FGW are a complete bunch of flying *****s. SWT are timetabled on a usual day to be there every half hour, every single hour from 5 till midnight, FGW are a kind of 'well shall we have a train now? Nah, lets screw these poor sods even more' kind of attitude.

You want an interesting train service? I got three words for you: First Capital Connect :angry: I have the blessing of being on the East Coast Line instead of West so my mainline never takes me anywhere I wanna go. If I wanna go somewhere then it would be a case of training down to London Kings Cross first :angry:

I wouldn't say having the ECML is such a bad thing, dunno if you have noticed the problems no the West Coast Mainline lately? =PSerious signalling problems in Milton Keynes and Bletchley a few weeks back, meant trains were being delayed and cancelled constantly for like 2 weeks. All the compensation I got for this too was £4 worth of travel vouchers. Delays on the ECML seem pretty rare although Kings Cross is a total dive and should be burnt to the ground =)

WCML is the main focus of 'fixing' by NR, the amount of stuff they're doing at Rugby is equal to ripping up the tracks, relaying new ones in a total different formation - the slack they're getting for the fact they still have to have trains going through there every single day must be hell for the engineers.

Kings cross is being redone and will have a huge glass thingy as its main forecourt. Its gonna look *****ing brilliant. I love ECML as I travelled on it often to go to Newcastle. Not travelled on it much since GNER became NXEC though, for some reason might be to do with nostalgia :angry:

I do love the St. Pancras International

St Pancras is great inside, there is still more and more becoming available still. 'The Circle' opened a few weeks back which has a large retail area in it. Its all very flash :angry: Handles the passenger traffic very well too.

I have my Golf GTi on my driveway, just a shame I cant touch it until I can drive.

Sorry, just noticed what you said here, nice choice for a (I presume) first car. Excellent quality and holds its value extremely well.This is the Mark-mobile, a really good car (well IMO anyway :angry:)Posted Image