Random

Phill

^ oh girl bring it oonI'd love to see it though - two provisional drivers having a race with their parents in the front seat.I know =] I thought of that name all by myself. Yaaaaay.

With a little inspiration from the ChelseaMobile :angry:Me join in provisional drivers race toooooooo :angry:27 days until test. And I still haven't quite got the hang of working out where everyone is going at a roundabout. Or looking where I'm going when I'm reversing. Bugger.

I have never had a delayed SWT

To be fair, from my last 8 months working at Waterloo, I have very rarely heard trains that are delayed by more than 10 minutes. They don't seem to be like other companies who can have delays without something happening on the line. I have yet to come home from Thorpe and the Reading train has been on time, its ALWAYS 2 minutes for me, which is nothing really but yeah.And I think in 23 days I'll join the drag race.In this beast.Posted ImageJames ftw.

IMO, and of course I'm somewhat biased, I think you're better off not passing first time.Besides the obvious expense, I personally think that failure at the tests is good to bring you down a notch, prevent cocky arsehole driving, get rid of the first timer 'look at me I'm invincible' syndrome. 2nd or 3rd time makes a better driver overall tbh. Being able to drive is such a great oppertunity, to have that snatched away from you by some other person driving like a idiot or an unfair instructor who's already met his pass quota for the week is heartbreaking, and brings you crashing back down to earth very quickly.First time passers are definitely not nessecerily the best drivers. Wether or not you pass is almost totally down to pot-luck in terms of what examiner you get, what time of the day/week it is, what other drivers are around and wether or not you're a woman in a low-cut top.That, and you have a Skoda, so get out. :angry:

Very true. Failing a driving test is crushing, its an awful feeling. It means that when you do pass the test you know that you never want to drive badly and have to through all that again. I know plenty of people that have passed first time but I also know plenty of people (some the cleverest people I know) pass on their third attempt. It doesn't mean they are any worse at driving then the people that passed first time. Besides no one likes a show off. Passing first time doesn't make you any good, as I made it clear in your car Pete..

To be fair, from my last 8 months working at Waterloo, I have very rarely heard trains that are delayed by more than 10 minutes. They don't seem to be like other companies who can have delays without something happening on the line. I have yet to come home from Thorpe and the Reading train has been on time, its ALWAYS 2 minutes for me, which is nothing really but yeah.

Well, 3 weeks ago I have a 47 min delay to bournemouth, a cancelled train to Brockenhurst and about 2 months ago 39 min wait. Tbh, I think basingstoke is the culprit. And Hinton Admiral.

Well, 3 weeks ago I have a 47 min delay to bournemouth, a cancelled train to Brockenhurst and about 2 months ago 39 min wait. Tbh, I think basingstoke is the culprit. And Hinton Admiral.

My train to Woking today was completely canceled, 'due to a signaling fault down the line at Brockenhurst station'. The bastards. I had to go some really awkward route which took 2 hours, instead of the 1. Not first time either. Bring on driving.